• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken did well in all regions apparently

Draugoth

Gold Member
Haven’t read all the comments but it seems that OP Draugoth Draugoth can maybe give us more insight now that the studio has been shut and SE are calling sales lackluster.

Looks like he has some info they don’t.

I think they called lackluster because the game didnt sold millions in it's first week.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
zDWPe4c.gif

But we are likely never gonna see this engine again....the team is likely gonna get disbanded and merged into other square units.
That Xbox Series X version is all but cancelled now.
I do wonder if they will come through with the DLC that was promised.

Ohhh wow.
I actually called it.
Luminous Studios got merged into Square Enix at the end of the day.

Sad sad times.
The Luminous Engine had so much potential.
As a last ditch effort they cold release a licensable version of the engine the way Silicon Studio developed Mizuchi engine but knew they were never actually gonna use it and made it licensable.

It's hard to say because the last game that played like forposken was infamous 3.

Shouldn't be that hard to gauge. It needs to hit you like a truck, "this plays gooood".

Otherwise too, encounter design, difficulty balancing, platforming quality (since it's parkour based), all you would know if it's up there or not.

GymWolf

Shouldn't be that hard to gauge. It needs to hit you like a truck, "this plays gooood".

Otherwise too, encounter design, difficulty balancing, platforming quality (since it's parkour based), all you would know if it's up there or not.
It wasn't perfect bu it was a lot of fun, too bad everything else was shite.

P.s. i don't consider infinite the best fps so maybe that's why it get a 7 from me even if the gameplay is great, it was great but not enough to make me forget the shite all around.

It wasn't perfect bu it was a lot of fun, too bad everything else was shite.

P.s. i don't consider infinite the best fps so maybe that's why it get a 7 from me even if the gameplay is great, it was great but not enough to make me forget the shite all around.

That's personal preference.

Personally if I enjoy playing it, I don't care about other things. Unless it gets in my way of enjoying the game or breaks immersion/ pacing.

GymWolf

That's personal preference.

Personally if I enjoy playing it, I don't care about other things. Unless it gets in my way of enjoying the game or breaks immersion/ pacing.
Then why you didn't scored halo campaign a 10? It means that the other aspects of the game bother you enough to detract 1,5 point.

We are not that different, i was just bothered enough to detract 3 points instead of 1,5 bacause i put more weight on aspects like boring open world etc.

Last edited:
Then why you didn't scored halo campaign a 10? It means that the other aspects of the game bother you enough to detract 1,5 point.

We are not that different, i was just bothered enough to detract 3 points instead of 1,5.

I didn't score it. Maybe you are confusing with someone.

But i won't give it a 10. 8/10 seems about right. That's how I score all Halo games. It's appropriate.

I do however recommend it to anyone who enjoys fps games, without reservation. For me it's up there with best fps games, like Doom Eternal.

GymWolf

I didn't score it. Maybe you are confusing with someone.

But i won't give it a 10. 8/10 seems about right. That's how I score all Halo games. It's appropriate.

I do however recommend it to anyone who enjoys fps games, without reservation. For me it's up there with best fps games, like Doom Eternal.
Lol sorry i confused you with kvally.

Top Bottom