• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken did well in all regions apparently

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Crystal Dynamics, Eidos, United Front Games:
will_poulter.PNG

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Good for Square, now please dump this IP and redirect all the money to Dragon Quest.

MrA

Banned
What a game sells at retail on PlayStation these day's has no reflection on the WW reality. That market is weird because so many ps5 get scalped to china and other Asian markets.

Glad forespoken is doing well but can't help but feel without the large Sony marketing campaign it would have failed.
I find it kind of funny how you used to be the king of claiming the ps5s in Japan weren't being exported and they were totes buying only digital or ps4 games and now that the software sales continue to be incredibly poor you're the first to hide behind exports to China!

Anyway, unless square Enix has stopped taking crazy pills , they have the most over the top expectations. Remember the disappointment in tomb raider and hitman (and how out of sqe s nonsense hitman is a success)
I can't imagine squareenix is happy with forspokens performance

anthony2690

Banned
The comparison is stupid, but I have said this before.

Forspoken had months of preorder sales (this is why hifi rush would've been ahead of the game with its shadow drop, as all sales would've been from that week on the steam store, as it had no presales)

I have no idea why people kept comparing the two or using one or the other to bash the other game.

Anyway I just hope that the people that were looking forward to the game, enjoyed it :)

Last edited:
That actually makes sense. It's a PS5 exclusive, during a time when a lot of new users have a PS5, but are looking for something new to play during a very quiet time in the release calendar. Sony's focused on launching PSVR 2, so PS5 launches aren't the focus for them this quarter. New IP on a popular system that still has a relatively small library of games tend to do decently well, even if they don't review well.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Doubt.

At least on Steam, the game looks to have done poorly. And the release of Hogwarts, an actual good AAA game, has quickly eclipsed any mindshare Forspoken had.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
The only person I know who has played this got it free with his AMD graphics card.

He stopped playing it after 2 days and uninstalled it to make room for Hogwarts Legacy...

Il wait a year or two for the complete final version to be on humble bundle for a tenner so I can use my 20% discount to get it for £8.

yazenov

Guys its great that the game sold well. But talk about low standards comparing it to a Gamepass game on the tiniest userbase. Xbox games don't sell well at all, hence being on Gamepass on day one.

I know we are only comparing it to Hi Fi rush because the Xbox fanboys started this comparison in the first place, but let's not lower our standards to match theirs.

sachos

Hope they can fix some of the graphics and optimizations issues. Gameplay seems fun enough from what i've seen, if you get it in a deep sale in a year after waiting for patches could be cool. Kind of a slow start though, too much talking and really slow and weirdly cut cutscenes.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Even games that may seem like a mess can sell well, especially with good marketing. Then you have the diehards that buy anything exclusive.

sandbood

Banned
Like fuck it did. Those UK and NPD placements are underwhelming. It's January and 7th is somehow good?
NPD is revenue based chart, despite being sold at higher ASP than Fire Emblem Engage it failed to sell more than physical version of fire emblem engage lol.

Forspoken sold around 30k in Japan, 10k in UK, and probably around 50k in the USA, for a triple A game it's nothing but disaster.

Alebrije

I am not a fan of Harry Potter but it seems HL is by far a better open world experience than Forspoken...

I will grab HL this week , pretty sure Forspoken will be on Plus extra next year.

Roxkis_ii

Man, I've been so on the fence on this game. The demo, felt like FF15 (not in a good way). I like magic, ranged combat and parkor so this game should be down my alley.

Maybe I'll pull the trigger once it's on sale.

On a side note, why it does really seem like some people really hate this game? When most people doesn't like a game, they ignore it and move on, but forskoen seems to have touched some people very negatively.

GymWolf

Man, I've been so on the fence on this game. The demo, felt like FF15 (not in a good way). I like magic, ranged combat and parkor so this game should be down my alley.

On a side note, why it does really seem like some people really hate this game? When most people doesn't like a game, they ignore it and move on, but forskoen seems to have touched some people very negatively.
The demo does a terrible job introducing all the mechanics of the game and if you don't tweak some settings the experience is pretty bad.

You can search what setting to change in the topic for the demo at pag 3 of 10.

The magic run on toggle instead of pressing is the only one that you should experiment with.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Gravity Rush? Tearaway? Those are my favorites.
I'll give you these two but you made it sound like there were a ton of games that PlayStation didn't market

And these aren't the best PlayStation games though I do love Tearaway

DrFigs

NPD is revenue based chart, despite being sold at higher ASP than Fire Emblem Engage it failed to sell more than physical version of fire emblem engage lol.

Forspoken sold around 30k in Japan, 10k in UK, and probably around 50k in the USA, for a triple A game it's nothing but disaster.
Is it a triple A game? Seems like it was pretty cheap in everything but the marketing

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

This is what I dont get. I don't think Hi Fi Rush would be my thing but you don't see me in every Hi Fi Rush thread calling it a shit smear 😂

Last edited:

GymWolf

I must say, it has been absolutely breathtaking watching Playstation contractors fans trying to salvage Forspoken's narrative.

The game is a commercial and critical flop, it's not the end of the world.
You can go into my post history and see how honest i am about the game, you can see how i scored the game a 6,5\7, not exactly high praises.

sandbood

Banned
Is it a triple A game? Seems like it was pretty cheap in everything but the marketing
Forspoken had rough development progress based on the reports thanks to the shitty engine and costed AAA budget as it was classified by SE in the veins as FFXV and FF7R.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Forspoken has also performed well in EU countries.

France:

fOt2cbQ.jpg

Spain: (entire month data; Forspoken launched on Jan. 24)

35IF6i3.jpg

zDWPe4c.gif

But we are likely never gonna see this engine again....the team is likely gonna get disbanded and merged into other square units.
That Xbox Series X version is all but cancelled now.
I do wonder if they will come through with the DLC that was promised.

Azurro

Banned
So, is this a diamond in the rough? Or is this as bad as the reviews made it seem? Or is it marketing doing its thing?

Last edited:
Top Bottom