• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken will also arrive on Xbox Series X | S, but after January 23, 2025

Draugoth

Gold Member

Forspoken--1140x815.jpg

In addition to confirming how long Final Fantasy 16 will remain an exclusive PlayStation 5, a recent trailer released by Sony also provides important details regarding Forspoken .

During the trailer entitled Play Like Never Before , the Japanese giant has inserted a specific wording that accompanies the short game sequences taken from Forspoken. According to what is written on the screen, Forspoken will be an exclusive PC and PlayStation 5 for quite some time: it will in fact be possible to play the Square Enix title on the two platforms in the period between January 24, 2023 and January 23, 2025.

forspoken_notizia-1536x796.jpg

reksveks

Yeah, the fact it was a two year exclusive was known from a previous advertising campaign.

Weirdly on the MS store for some reason.

Last edited:
Right because graphics are the ONLY thing that matters...

Also BOTW is barren as fuck yet no one complains about it when nintendo does it.
I complained many times about BOTW when it came out. The game has atrocious performance problems, there is no denying that. But when you put Zelda and Nintendo together you are not allowed to critize it. Because remember...Nintendo can never do wrong according to the blind fanbase.

and I never said graphics was the only that matters - you are complaining about Series S holding it back when my point is that the game already looks like trash anyways even on higher end systems. So actually YOU are the one complaining that the visuals/tech will be held back due to a lower end console machine, but graphics isn't everything I thought?

I complained many times about BOTW when it came out. The game has atrocious performance problems, there is no denying that. But when you put Zelda and Nintendo together you are not allowed to critize it. Because remember...Nintendo can never do wrong according to the blind fanbase.

and I never said graphics was the only that matters - you are complaining about Series S holding it back when my point is that the game already looks like trash anyways even on higher end systems. So actually YOU are the one complaining that the visuals/tech will be held back due to a lower end console machine, but graphics isn't everything I thought?
You realise the main appeal of the game is the fluid and deep magic combat system(like the appeal of character action games such as DMC and Bayonetta) and the deep traversal mechanics. The game clearly isn't for you since you're looking more from the lens of an open world fan.

Also just lol at assuming I was only referring to graphics by "bottlenecked by series s". That's merely the tip of the iceberg, it also holds far less RAM and is weaker in other areas which will hinder game design as the baseline will have to be set for series s.

I miss the part where it says it will come out on Xbox. Aren't Xbox gamers still waiting for that FFVII Remake port after it's exclusivity window was out a while ago too?

Until these games say they're making an Xbox version, I wouldn't assume. Didn't some dev come out recently and say Sony didn't pay to extend, they just didn't see a xbox version being successful? Xbox may not offer anything for a port.
I'm assuming Sony is going to lock this game down forever like Final Fantasy 7 remake. I hope Xbox gamers can cope.

This game will flop because character action games are niche. This game is a character action game at heart dressed up as an open world RPG.

Topher

Gold Member
Also just lol at assuming I was only referring to graphics by "bottlenecked by series s". That's merely the tip of the iceberg, it also holds far less RAM and is weaker in other areas which will hinder game design as the baseline will have to be set for series s.

What game design will be hindered due to Series S?

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
[/URL][/URL]

Forspoken--1140x815.jpg

In addition to confirming how long Final Fantasy 16 will remain an exclusive PlayStation 5, a recent trailer released by Sony also provides important details regarding Forspoken .

During the trailer entitled Play Like Never Before , the Japanese giant has inserted a specific wording that accompanies the short game sequences taken from Forspoken. According to what is written on the screen, Forspoken will be an exclusive PC and PlayStation 5 for quite some time: it will in fact be possible to play the Square Enix title on the two platforms in the period between January 24, 2023 and January 23, 2025.

forspoken_notizia-1536x796.jpg

This article and headline are potentially misleading.

The end of an exclusivity window does not at all mean a confirmation that the game is coming to other platforms. FFVII Remake also had the same note, but it was not released on Xbox after it expired.

All this means is that it will NOT come to Xbox before that date, but it doesn't confirm that it'll come after.

Last edited:
Top Bottom