• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken will also arrive on Xbox Series X | S, but after January 23, 2025

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
No, the PC version is the same release window as the PS5 version AFAIK, might even be same day.

Nope same day as ps5

Thank you.
I was so confused by this thread and the wording.

I was sure the PC version was supposed to come out same window, werent they even boasting about it being the first title to actually use DirectStorage on PC?

But 2 years is quite a stretch.
Are XSX gamers even going to care about what would at that time be a pretty old game.
Games of that era will be lategen titles pushing consoles much further than this.

That is of course assuming the title ever even gets an Xbox release, this could be another FF7R situation.

You realise the main appeal of the game is the fluid and deep magic combat system(like the appeal of character action games such as DMC and Bayonetta) and the deep traversal mechanics. The game clearly isn't for you since you're looking more from the lens of an open world fan.

Also just lol at assuming I was only referring to graphics by "bottlenecked by series s". That's merely the tip of the iceberg, it also holds far less RAM and is weaker in other areas which will hinder game design as the baseline will have to be set for series s.
I am well aware what the main appeal is of the game. That doesn't make it excusable for it to look the way it does with the horsepower the new gen machines provide.

Also, what open world fan thing are you referring to? Oh look, you are assuming something as well. It doesn't make any sense either, what does open world has to do with how this game looks? There are plenty of open world games that look great and also the ones that look bad.

Also, have you seen the minimum PC requirements for this game? 4 GB of ram and a GeForce 510 like someone else mentioned. That graphics card is from the year 2011, which is 2 years before PS4 even came out.

So your whole "concern" with Series S just sounds like a big joke. You absolutely have zero idea of what you are talking about lol.

Last edited:
I am well aware what the main appeal is of the game. That doesn't make it excusable for it to look the way it does with the horsepower the new gen machines provide.

Also, what open world fan thing are you referring to? Oh look, you are assuming something as well. It doesn't make any sense either, what does open world has to do with how this game looks? There are plenty of open world games that look great and also the ones that look bad.

Also, have you seen the minimum PC requirements for this game? 4 GB of ram and a GeForce 510 like someone else mentioned. That graphics card is from the year 2011, which is 2 years before PS4 even came out.

So your whole "concern" with Series S just sounds like a big joke. You absolutely have zero idea of what you are talking about lol.

- I was talking about the main appeal in regards to gameplay not graphics. I know you prioritise graphics over everything but that was not what I meant.

- You and the other people complaining about the open world should know that there is going to be an "exploration deep dive" on the 10th which will unveil things that we haven't seen about the open world yet. If you are going to complain about the "empty" open world, at least wait until the 10th when we get the full picture.

- "Also, have you seen the minimum PC requirements for this game? 4 GB of ram and a GeForce 510 like someone else mentioned. That graphics card is from the year 2011, which is 2 years before PS4 even came out."

Do you have an actual official source for this? Troll hearsay doesn't qualify as one.

Last edited:
- I was talking about the main appeal in regards to gameplay not graphics. I know you prioritise graphics over everything but that was not what I meant.

- You and the other people complaining about the open world should know that there is going to be an "exploration deep dive" on the 10th which will unveil things that we haven't seen about the open world yet. If you are going to complain about the "empty" open world, at least wait until the 10th when we get the full picture.

- "Also, have you seen the minimum PC requirements for this game? 4 GB of ram and a GeForce 510 like someone else mentioned. That graphics card is from the year 2011, which is 2 years before PS4 even came out."

Do you have an actual official source for this? Troll hearsay doesn't qualify as one.

I never ever said graphics is #1 - but the game could look way better than it really is. Them choosing to use the limnous engine is shooting themselves in the foot. I don't really need too see any presentation for this game. The marketing was already bogus and every showcase was lukewarm from the start. I highly doubt the new presentation is going to change anything.

Looks like they both trolled us. The official requirements are the following - (Regardless, still low end requirements. The PS5/Series X is 2080 or so equivalent. Series S is more than enough)

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD FX-8320
RAM: 8 GB RAM
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
VIDEO CARD: AMD Radeon R9 380 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB
PIXEL SHADER: NA
VERTEX SHADER: NA
SOUND CARD: NA
STORAGE: 50 GB
DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2 GB

Banjo64

cumsessed
I'm assuming Sony is going to lock this game down forever like Final Fantasy 7 remake. I hope Xbox gamers can cope.

5IhiHEQ.jpg

I never ever said graphics is #1 - but the game could look way better than it really is. Them choosing to use the limnous engine is shooting themselves in the foot. I don't really need too see any presentation for this game. The marketing was already bogus and every showcase was lukewarm from the start. I highly doubt the new presentation is going to change anything.

Looks like they both trolled us. The official requirements are the following - (Regardless, still low end requirements. The PS5/Series X is 2080 or so equivalent. Series S is more than enough)

[/URL]
You're acting like it's #1 since that seems to be your central criticism for the game. You can't really come up with any other criticism besides "empty worlds"(again, say that after the 10th).

Also that isn't an official source, that's a fake prediction source made on a low budget gaming website. They don't even have the release date right.

Topher

Gold Member

Do you have an actual source stating how the gameplay will be different on XSS? Or is that troll hearsay?

See, a deal like this would never go through for poor Sony if evil Microsoft buys Activision Blizzard.

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

Kvally

Banned

[/URL]

Looks like they changed the requirements. It was apparently 4GB of RAM before the delay of the game.

You're acting like it's #1 since that seems to be your central criticism for the game. You can't really come up with any other criticism besides "empty worlds"(again, say that after the 10th).

Also that isn't an official source, that's a fake prediction source made on a low budget gaming website. They don't even have the release date right.

Every website says that, the release date is most likely incorrect because the game was slated for October at one point and delayed again to January. That's ok though, you don't have critical thinking abilities.

Ahh yes sorry, the game can only run a 4090 RTX. You are correct. This is the new Crysis.

There are plenty of other things I don't like about this game - characters look boring as hell. Her constant commenting during combat is annoying. The world doesn't look interesting based of what they showed of. It looks like a generic RPG made to appease the western audience and fails miserably at it.

Last edited:
Every website says that, the release date is most likely incorrect because the game was slated for October at one point and delayed again to January. That's ok though, you don't have critical thinking abilities.

Ahh yes sorry, the game can only run a 4090 RTX. You are correct. This is the new Crysis.

There are plenty of other things I don't like about this game - characters look boring as hell. Her constant commenting during combat is annoying. The world doesn't look interesting based of what they showed of. It looks like a generic RPG made to appease the western audience and fails miserably at it.
>Every website says that, the release date is most likely incorrect because the game was slated for October at one point and delayed again to January. That's ok though, you don't have critical thinking abilities.

So because a bunch of random predictions state it needs X requirements despite no official requirements being stated you're just going to take it as gospel. And you say I lack critical thinking abilities lol. Use the brain god gifted you with.

>There are plenty of other things I don't like about this game - characters look boring as hell. Her constant commenting during combat is annoying. The world doesn't look interesting based of what they showed of. It looks like a generic RPG made to appease the western audience and fails miserably at it.

First off, you can toggle down the dialogue.

Secondly, again they will show more about the exploration on the 10th.

,Also, have you ever played a character action game in your life? DMC? Bayonetta? Ninja Gaiden? Or you only play the latest popular sony exclusive and the annual COD and FIFA?

Like I said before, the combat and traversal is the main appeal not the open world. If you don't appreciate that it's fine, the game isn't for you. Stick to your pretty pixel games then.

Last edited:
OG trilogy made me a lover of big titties.
>Every website says that, the release date is most likely incorrect because the game was slated for October at one point and delayed again to January. That's ok though, you don't have critical thinking abilities.

So because a bunch of random predictions state it needs X requirements despite no official requirements being stated you're just going to take it as gospel. And you say I lack critical thinking abilities lol. Use the brain god gifted you with.

>There are plenty of other things I don't like about this game - characters look boring as hell. Her constant commenting during combat is annoying. The world doesn't look interesting based of what they showed of. It looks like a generic RPG made to appease the western audience and fails miserably at it.

First off, you can toggle down the dialogue.

Secondly, again they will show more about the exploration on the 10th.

,Also, have you ever played a character action game in your life? DMC? Bayonetta? Ninja Gaiden? Or you only play the latest popular sony exclusive and the annual COD and FIFA?

Like I said before, the combat and traversal is the main appeal not the open world. If you don't appreciate that it's fine, the game isn't for you. Stick to your pretty pixel games then.

Yes, DMC 1, Onimusha on PS2 and Ninja Gaiden on Xbox were fantastic and some of my favorite games. Looking forward to Stella Blade and Wanted Dead.

Why are you so triggered over the fact that someone pointed out that the game looks bad in both visuals and technical prowess? Lol. You can like the game if you wish and play, no one is telling you otherwise. But to say that this game visually looks good and is being hampered by Series S is just absolutely insane.

Yes, DMC 1, Onimusha on PS2 and Ninja Gaiden on Xbox were fantastic and some of my favorite games. Looking forward to Stella Blade and Wanted Dead.

Why are you so triggered over the fact that someone pointed out that the game looks bad in both visuals and technical prowess? Lol. You can like the game if you wish and play, no one is telling you otherwise. But to say that this game visually looks good and is being hampered by Series S is just absolutely insane.
I never said it looked good. You keep bringing graphics up. I know that it doesn't have that good graphics and frankly I don't care because graphics aren't that important to me.

My point is your only complaint is either graphics(which don't matter as much as the gameplay and the combat is clearly this games strength) or the empty open world which is too early to criticise since there is going to be an exploration deep dive three days from now.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Why don't Microsoft lawyers mention this to CMA and other bodies? Sony is giving them ammunition and they're not using it.

I don't care for this game or ff but I guess it's bad for those who like it.
Because their remit doesn’t involve looking at Sony practice, but MS and how the merger could potentially effect the market in the future.

Fredrik

I complained many times about BOTW when it came out. The game has atrocious performance problems, there is no denying that. But when you put Zelda and Nintendo together you are not allowed to critize it. Because remember...Nintendo can never do wrong according to the blind fanbase.
Where weren’t you allowed to criticize it?
Lots of people has talked about performance issues, like in Lost Woods where it was quite horrible.

Anyhow, 97 on Metacritic from 109 critics, 199 media outlets gave it the GOTY award. You’re calling the whole industry blind fans.
Aren’t you a game reviewer though? You have the power to bring attention to performance issues. What was your score? And what did you think about Ocarina of Time? And Shadow of the Colossus?

ungalo

I don't care about this game, but i really hope it means that FF16 will also come to Xbox after the 6 months period.

Haggard

Banned
I expect this game to be forgotten within a few weeks after release. It's... Optimistic... To talk about "in 2 years".

GHG

I complained many times about BOTW when it came out. The game has atrocious performance problems, there is no denying that. But when you put Zelda and Nintendo together you are not allowed to critize it. Because remember...Nintendo can never do wrong according to the blind fanbase.

You are, I created an entire thread to do just that in fact. Don't understand the high praise that got either but it is what it is.

Fbh

That just states the Square has an exclusivity deal with Sony until 2025.
It coming to Xbox will probably depend more on how it performs on PC/Ps5. If it underperforms it's probably not going to be worth to port over 2 years later to a platform that usually has the lowest sales numbers for japanese games.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Eh, not much of a loss for MS it seems. I
hope Sony didn’t pay a lot for this one.

That just states the Square has an exclusivity deal with Sony until 2025.
It coming to Xbox will probably depend more on how it performs on PC/Ps5. If it underperforms it's probably not going to be worth to port over 2 years later to platform that usually has the lowest sales numbers for japanese games.

I mean, if it sells well, i see sony extending the exclusivity/contract, or just outright investing in the studio by then.

..and lol at the typical xbox fanboys saying “we didn’t want it anyway” knowing damn well they would be geeking if this was on gamepass. The same people that go crazy over things like The Medium and Scorn are suddenly too good for a AAA action game from square enix

Last edited:

gladdys

Glad to see Square making the right decisions. They recognised they need to expand and sell to more consumers in the west and holding back this game for 2 years at least from the Xbox (if ever) will definitely help rectify this problem.

Glad to see Square making the right decisions. They recognised they need to expand and sell to more consumers in the west and holding back this game for 2 years at least from the Xbox (if ever) will definitely help rectify this problem.

Well according to the responses in this thread, they wouldn’t have bought it anyway so it seems their calculations were right.

Chukhopops

I mean, if it sells well, i see sony extending the exclusivity/contract, or just outright investing in the studio by then.

..and lol at the typical xbox fanboys saying “we didn’t want it anyway” knowing damn well they would be geeking if this was on gamepass. The same people that go crazy over things like The Medium and Scorn are suddenly too good for a AAA action game from square enix
I would be pissed if it was on GP as it’d take the spot of another, most likely better game.

Let’s see how well it will sell at full price and how many people are « too good for a AAA action game from Square Enix », shall we?

ANIMAL1975

[/URL]

Forspoken--1140x815.jpg

In addition to confirming how long Final Fantasy 16 will remain an exclusive PlayStation 5, a recent trailer released by Sony also provides important details regarding Forspoken .

During the trailer entitled Play Like Never Before , the Japanese giant has inserted a specific wording that accompanies the short game sequences taken from Forspoken. According to what is written on the screen, Forspoken will be an exclusive PC and PlayStation 5 for quite some time: it will in fact be possible to play the Square Enix title on the two platforms in the period between January 24, 2023 and January 23, 2025.

forspoken_notizia-1536x796.jpg

who cares, and then will be day one Gamepass.

Chukhopops

Why have any SE games on gamepass when Xbox can get bangers like the medium or scorn?!?
Do you honestly intend to buy or play Forspoken?

And if so, how comes you’ve never posted in any Forspoken-related thread at all in your post history?

To me it sounds like you know it’s gonna be so-so at best and are just trying to use it as console war ammunition because it’s exclusive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom