• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 |OT| Are you a Mexican, or a Mexican't?

Fredrik

If you have GP, the Premium Add-on Bundle gets you early access for $45usd.

Or if you're not a GP member you can buy the FH5 Premium Edition for $100usd

Expansion 1: This add-on will introduce a new world location, vehicles, and gameplay. This expansion is included with the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition, Expansions Bundle, and Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

Expansion 2: This add-on will introduce a new world location, vehicles, and gameplay. This expansion is included with the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition, Expansions Bundle, and Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

Car Pass: Get 42 extra cars at one low price! The Car Pass will deliver 34 new cars to your game weekly, one per week. As a bonus, you’ll also receive 8 Formula Drift Cars to get you started. All cars included in the Car Pass grant you a one-time only, free addition of each car to your game garage, with no additional in-game credit cost. The Car Pass is included with Deluxe and Premium Editions, and the Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

VIP Membership: Forza Horizon 5 VIP Membership features exclusive rewards that give your game a boost and make you stand out at the Horizon Festival. VIPs receive 3 Exclusive Forza Edition cars, Crown Flair, Vanity Items, Emote and Car Horn, gift Player House, 2x Credit race rewards, weekly bonus Super Wheelspins, and more. VIP Membership can be purchased separately and is included with Premium Edition and Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

Welcome Pack: Kick-start your Ultimate Horizon Adventure with the Forza Horizon 5 Welcome Pack! Included are 5 special pre-tuned cars, a Player House and a one-time grant to own any car available from the game’s Autoshow. Also included are 3 one-time grants for any Common or Rare clothing item. The Welcome Pack is included with the Premium Edition and Premium Add-Ons Bundle.
Isn’t getting a house from the start taking away the reward from progressing through the game? It was one of the reasons to grind to earn money in FH4. But the houses had different bonuses so maybe you get a bad house here.

My only issue is I hate being gifted all these cars at the start - takes away the sense of progression. If there was one problem I hate with the otherwise totally brilliant FH4, it was that the game was constantly rewarding you with so much stuff that none of it actually meant anything. Clearing your backlog of wheelspins became a chore rather than a reward, which is bizarre. I wonder if they'll try to tackle that this time around. I'd love some sense of single player progression.

On a similar note, the credits given away every week makes winning them rather pointless. I don't really care about winning 10,000 odd at the end of a race when every Friday evening the Forza Hub gives me 425,000. I'm not sure I'd remove that feature but recently playing Forza Horizon 2 on the Xbox 360, it really changed my mindset not having all those credits rolling into my account. I had to think much more carefully about which cars to buy, and rather enjoyed it.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Isn’t getting a house from the start taking away the reward from progressing through the game? It was one of the reasons to grind to earn money in FH4. But the houses had different bonuses so maybe you get a bad house here.
I think they included a house in the FH4 VIP pack, too. There should still be a bunch of houses to buy and I'm sure some will be spendy as fuck.

Here's the starter house you get in FH5...
f9f802cc78b6694c92917c1776fe03b8--michael-collins-oaxaca-mexico.jpg

Fredrik

I think they included a house in the FH4 VIP pack, too. There should still be a bunch of houses to buy and I'm sure some will be spendy as fuck.

Here's the starter house you get in FH5...
f9f802cc78b6694c92917c1776fe03b8--michael-collins-oaxaca-mexico.jpg
Cozy! 😅Yeah the one you really want, with fast travel or something like that, will probably be expensive. I still like not getting too much for free, it’s part of the game progression to work yourself up to get better things.

Fredrik

On a similar note, the credits given away every week makes winning them rather pointless. I don't really care about winning 10,000 odd at the end of a race when every Friday evening the Forza Hub gives me 425,000. I'm not sure I'd remove that feature but recently playing Forza Horizon 2 on the Xbox 360, it really changed my mindset not having all those credits rolling into my account. I had to think much more carefully about which cars to buy, and rather enjoyed it.
I agree, it shouldn’t be too easy to earn money and cars. I would honestly prefer starting with a real rusty piece of shit car, struggle to upgrade it so I finally can win some minor races and slowly earn money to afford better stuff.
I’m guessing most people don’t want this though and that’s why you start with a relatively okay car and get wheelspins, better cars and starter house with the better editions.

Not sure what to do yet, right now I’m leaning on being that cranky salty guy who sit in a corner waiting for the standard edition to release while the rest of you have fun with the premium edition.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Cannot seem to find the premium add on option for the UK store can someone kind enough hit me up with a direct link? Fucking useless 😥

Edit: Finally found it.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I've purchased the right one, when you go to installation it says the game and the two add-on packs which are 10mb each. See what happens Friday 👍
That’s all I’ve bought too and says 2 expansions. Should be fine. Not long to wait to find out 👍🏻

93xfan

Banned
I agree, it shouldn’t be too easy to earn money and cars. I would honestly prefer starting with a real rusty piece of shit car, struggle to upgrade it so I finally can win some minor races and slowly earn money to afford better stuff.
I’m guessing most people don’t want this though and that’s why you start with a relatively okay car and get wheelspins, better cars and starter house with the better editions.

Not sure what to do yet, right now I’m leaning on being that cranky salty guy who sit in a corner waiting for the standard edition to release while the rest of you have fun with the premium edition.

I like that idea too. May choose to limit myself to a cheaper car for a bit.

Regardless, I really look forward to going after every car

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
It's a masterpiece

IGN 10/10

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I like that idea too. May choose to limit myself to a cheaper car for a bit.

Regardless, I really look forward to going after every car
With the giant giveaways they have done in recent games, I buy a car and keep it tuned to the same class it was bought in.

If it's a B car I always keep it a B car.

That way I can acquire new cars and they all feel fresh.

saintjules

Unfortunately I'm a Mexican't-play at 60fps because I don't have Series X and my PC is so old it barely played FH4 at 30fps on base Xbox One settings. Cloud maybe? But video artifacting/compression suck for fast-paced games. (Forza Horizon 4 xCloud game some serious laughs)

Helghan

Unless the racer is protecting a child, or standing up for human rights it will never happen.

It'll just get lumped with annual sports games.
Haha, true, but this year has been pretty dry. I expect it to at least be nominated.

TVexperto

Not sure if this has been asked, I have the ultimate version upgrade for PC. I see people saying they are going to so switch to new zealand to play it early. Is the same possible with a PC?

Kagey K

Banned
Not sure if this has been asked, I have the ultimate version upgrade for PC. I see people saying they are going to so switch to new zealand to play it early. Is the same possible with a PC?
On gamepass PC it should be Easy, on Steam you are going to have to Google it.

Tommi84

Xbox One S vs Series X. It's crazy how well this game scales across all platforms. Rock solid framerate on every Xbox.

IopDczy.jpg
Looks HORRIBLE on S, sorry. The level of details is not very good.

And people are trying to convince me that there's no difference between generations.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I'm obsessed by its main menu theme

Heard it first on Digital Foundry's preview, and loved it instantly. But there's no full version of it online yet.

As a PS5 owner only, I'm jealous.

Considering buying a Series S with Gamepass
You could always try the xCloud, where this game is going to be : )

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I can confirm that the New Zealand "trick" with region / time zone change is also working on PC.

Starting the game now. LET'S GO, LET'S GO!!!

Rudius

I'm not interested in reviews, I know it will be good. I just want to know if I can run it well on 1650 laptop.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'm obsessed by its main menu theme

Heard it first on Digital Foundry's preview, and loved it instantly. But there's no full version of it online yet.

As a PS5 owner only, I'm jealous.

Considering buying a Series S with Gamepass
Series S is a lot of fun, as is Gamepass. I can't predict how well Series S will hold up in the following years, but so far its been great. I had PS5 first, so I didn't want to buy a 2nd expensive system.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
04.11.2021_12-18-06-tcykdj.png

Don't try to make this a thing in our glorious gendered language (by default). Or at very least do it right.

It's on/něm, ona/ní, oni/nich. What they wrote there, definitely broke my brain and everyone in charge of our language now rotating in grave.

But still rather don't do this.

Absolutely unplayable

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
04.11.2021_12-18-06-tcykdj.png

Don't try to make this a thing in our glorious gendered language (by default). Or at very least do it right.

It's on/něm, ona/ní, oni/nich. What they wrote there, definitely broke my brain and everyone in charge of our language now rotating in grave.

But still rather don't do this.

Absolutely unplayable

My preferred pronoun is not in the game and I feel offended. Where do I go to complain?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Debating on the add on for the Gamepass version.

Great reviews so far. Not that any of us expected different.

Kssio_Aug

I might

But since I'm from Brazil, distant from the servers, latency may be a problem
Xcloud is working fine for me. I'm BR as well. Try from the Xbox app on your PC or mobile phone; for some reason it works better from the app for me compared to a web browser (although I have read reports of the opposite as well, so you might want to try both ways).

Certinty

Oh wow, they ditched the title cover car being on the start menu. Have to say I miss it as it felt like a franchise tradition, but love the Mexican sounding tune.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Debating on the add on for the Gamepass version.

Great reviews so far. Not that any of us expected different.
I talked myself into it this way.
  • The expansions are worth it. That's $32 I think for those alone if you don't get the premium pack.
  • So it's basically $10-12 for everything left. Cars, XP boost shit, early access.
I know I'll get the expansions, so it's a case of if I want to spend $10 more. And if you want to spend the $10 more, the best time to do it is day one to get the early access weekend. So fuck it, might as well.

Top Bottom