• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 8 vs GT7

Xplainin

Banned
I'm a car sim lover, and I love both the GT and Forza series.
Turn 10 and PD are amazing developers, and I love to see them push each other to create better games.
Every generation its normally the car sims that set the benchmarks for realism.
So how have both done?
I'm not able to get any 4k screen grabs, so if any other peeps here can add some that would be great.

Forza didn't show any gameplay, so we cant compare that, but we got was some similar shots in the garage and some replay footage.

Forza Motorsport Trailer

GT7 Trailer

To me they both look as good as each other at this point. Only real difference I can see is more Ray Tracing in Forza than GT. Now that could just be a glitch at this point and PD have plenty of time to fix that up.

Whats the verdict so far GAF?

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Uh... neither series sets anything about realism. They're semi-sims, not actual racing simulators. They make giant compromises in regards to realism in order to be accessible. The benchmark for realism is set by things like iRacing.

Beyond that, it makes zero sense to compare a game early in development showing cars in-engine only vs one showing actual gameplay.

Last edited:

Xplainin

Banned
Uh... neither series sets anything about realism. They're semi-sims, not actual racing simulators. They make giant compromises in regards to realism in order to be accessible. The benchmark for realism is set by things like iRacing.

Beyond that, it makes zero sense to compare a game early in development showing cars in-engine only vs one showing actual gameplay.
Nah, makes perfect sense. The two best car devs (yeah I know, Playground are the kings) have put out trailers for their next installments on new consoles.
This comes along once every 7 years.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Nah, makes perfect sense. The two best car devs (yeah I know, Playground are the kings) have put out trailers for their next installments on new consoles.
This comes along once every 7 years.

it makes as much sense as comparing apples to escalators.

GRIEVEZ

Forza will be better. Forza has been superior to GT for many years now.

The new GT literally had graphics the exact same as GT sport but with some low res raytracing.

The graphics in the Forza reveal ( short as it was ) were noticeably superior.
It's focusing on a VR experience. I imagine thats why it cant go bonkers in the fidelity department.

I dont know this for sure. But its a good guess imo. Anyways its far too soon to compare these games.

We'll have to be a little patient :)

I....I guess the tarmac has a more rugged appearance in Forza, like the course has been genuinely ran through the ringer multiple times. The shot at 14 seconds in really shows this well. I think the lighting looks a bit more dramatic in GT7 though...but background foliage looks a bit more detailed in Forza?

Aside from that like everyone else is saying, way too little on Forza to do a genuine comparison. Both games look really good though and I think visual preference will come down to small tastes in art direction you might prefer one over the other for.

Xplainin

Banned
GT crushes, yet the next time we see GT it will be even more bonkers when PD has full next gen assets in...
PD have always had better details in the cars. But they take their time doing it.
Their shaders for the car paint is always on point as well.
But in the other hand, Forza gives more cars, more tracks.
Really looking forward to playing both of them.

Neo_game

IMO Forza video was a big letdown. Forza4 E3 trailer had in engine trailer with some gameplay, features and release date. Everything was absent in this reboot video. So probably 2022 game. As far as trailer goes GT7 is more impressive comparing 1 min for both the trailers. The difference is both are probably in alpha or pre alpha stage but Sony still showed the extended trailer with game running on PS5 where as Mircrosoft did not want to show it for some reason.

Last edited:
Top Bottom