• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport will support Ray Tracing Global Illumination, but only on PC

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
NextGen-PCEnhanced-EN-Website.png

One and only

ToTTenTranz

Banned

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
People want rtgi at 4k at 60 FPS on a 500 dollar console.
Try running the game at 4k 60 FPS on a 500 dollar pc
Even after 3 years of this gen u can't make a pc that can compete with series X at 500 dollars.
cdc.jpg

Because PC gaming is not only power. If it was, what would be the point in having a more expensive machine that can do exactly the same as a cheaper one???

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

soulbait

Hey Xbox, what the hell is XSX for?

For those who do not want to spend the money on, hassel with, or just simply do not enjoy gaming on a PC. I know choices are hard to understand for someone of.

I have enough wealth where I could afford a very powerful gaming PC. However, I do not enjoy playing on a PC, because I work on one all day. I also prefer the ease of console gaming. So XSX is for me.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
I think Series consoles are going to be more than happy, 4k 60fps with RT reflections in game, other games couldn't manage that in replay modes.
It's good they let people with powerful PCs use the hardware they invested in fully.
Everybody wins.

Even If Forza Motorsport is a 10/10 game people will still bitch about how series X dont have rtgi and their 4090 can easily do it at 8k.
That's what this forum is hate on Xbox and it's games without any reason.
I love Forza bought my series X only for Forza will enjoy it while people here will bitch here endlessly that it doesn't have rtgi

sachos

RTGI is a must to make games look proper Next Gen imo, or at least a good combination of RT Shadows and RT AO. People often wonder "why do you even need Pro consoles this gen?" This is why, Pro consoles with much improved RT tech and even possible hardware accelerated AI upsclaing would be huge imo.

I love how people are laughing at Xbox, as if the PS5 could do it. If the series X can't do it, the PS5 can't do it.

I saw the trailer for Fable, I saw Avowed, I saw God of War Ragnarok, I saw Spiderman 2, I saw the downgrade in the Hellblade 2 tease, and even games like Horizon FW, as great as it looks, is perhaps the peak we'll get this gen. It's becoming plainly obvious to me that these consoles just aren't powerful enough to give us all of the fidelity that we want and expected.

They could pull it off, but we'll have to settle for something like 1080p or 1440p @ 30 fps. Honestly, I'd love to see what sort of graphical accomplishments we could see on the Series X at 1080p 30fps - probably what we might see on the big screen in a Hollywood release.

Max_Po

Banned
I love how people are laughing at Xbox, as if the PS5 could do it. If the series X can't do it, the PS5 can't do it.

I saw the trailer for Fable, I saw Avowed, I saw God of War Ragnarok, I saw Spiderman 2, I saw the downgrade in the Hellblade 2 tease, and even games like Horizon FW, as great as it looks, is perhaps the peak we'll get this gen. It's becoming plainly obvious to me that these consoles just aren't powerful enough to give us all of the fidelity that we want and expected.

They could pull it off, but we'll have to settle for something like 1080p or 1440p @ 30 fps. Honestly, I'd love to see what sort of graphical accomplishments we could see on the Series X at 1080p 30fps - probably what we might see on the big screen in a Hollywood release.

it was not the fanboys, it was Phil himself. He has been talking shit since 2020 and egging fanboys on.

It been almost 3 years and quiet frankly here is the summary

PS5 almost has stable fps
both reconstruct sub 4k to reach 4k
Xbox has RAW computational power to render slightly higher rez.

EAT MONSTERS FOR BREAKFAST !!!

DaGwaphics

some members here said that xbox consoles will have the RTGI at native 4k and 60fps during a race.

odttb.gif

Literally no one ever said that it was RTGI on Xbox. The game will feature RT at 4k 60 during races. Not full RTGI however. I don't remember the exact verbiage there, I think it is primarily reflections.

Last edited:

Three

Even in your video the dude is talking about reflections only.

And they've clarified the RTGI parts for more than a year now.

If you still thought something inaccurately, that's entirely up to you.
He even timestamped it and the guy mentions raytracing global illumination. He doesn't mention platform but where are you getting the idea that the dude is talking about reflections only?

Edit: seems i replied to an old post.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
He even timestamped it and the guy mentions raytracing global illumination. He doesn't mention platform but where are you getting the idea that the dude is talking about reflections only?

Edit: seems i replied to an old post.
It’s tricky for sure but the rtgi statement is separate from the reflections statement. It’s just edited badly.

Last edited:

Senua

So no RT reflections at 60 fps?
The last Forza Motorsport game that wasn't 60 was the first one so there wont be a 30 mode but they promised RT reflections at 60fps 4k, the gameplay footage they showcased didn't have it so they're either being sneaky or it's just not turned on in that build. only time shall tell!!!!!!!!111

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
They unveiled that the pc version will have extra features and they are also focusing more on it. Ryan also confirmed this on IGN, they saw more footage behind closed doors.
fm.jpg

So no RT reflections at 60 fps?
They have clearly stated that there will be Ray tracing on track, during racing, at 60fps on Xbox consoles. They made it a point to further clarify and state that. Directly from T10. Now we all know the Ray tracing limitations on the consoles. Not all lighting will be Ray traced. They indicated reflections on smooth surfaces. How much, and what fidelity, will come down to optimization.

Bry0

This is the way to go. PCs are more powerful, so make use of that power. I don't see why any developer should keep their games running at the same settings as the console versions of the game.
They should keep the settings the same because the 15 year olds on gaf can’t afford it with their summer mowing jobs.

Top Bottom