• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport releases October 10, 2023 | Xbox Showcase 2023

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Whats so funny? Or are you a alt from a banned account.
yOyX3OH.png

Edder1

The luxury of MS. Getting to show off the balls to the wall PC versions in the trailers, while marketing their consoles.
To be fair to them they haven't shied away from showing console version when it comes to actual gameplay. It's just strange to see console version have worse lighting than open world cross gen Horizon 5. Something is not right here. Always online is a deal-breaker for me though.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
To be fair to them they haven't shied away from showing console version when it comes to actual gameplay. It's just strange to see console version have worse lighting than open world cross gen Horizon 5. Something is not right here. Always online is also a deal-breaker for me.
Trailers are what's going to be shown in social media and web ads as well as TV, etc..

Gameplay videos online at the moment are for us core nerds. But agreed.

I still do not like the cockpit, the hand position, racing gloves also looks same ? I think the best thing about this game is all tracks of dynamic TOD. Otherwise as far as gfx goes it is what I expected.

This reminds me, I wonder if it'll still have the janky 180 degree steering. Playing Assetto Corsa where the driver actually moves hand-over-hand on tight turns is so much more realistic.

Last edited:

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
To be fair to them they haven't shied away from showing console version when it comes to actual gameplay. It's just strange to see console version have worse lighting than open world cross gen Horizon 5. Something is not right here. Always online is also a deal-breaker for me.
I mean, I'm totally okay with potato racing mode for the sake of an accutrate racing model (GT7 is a looker mostly in replays too), simulators are usually CPU-heavy.

But I have my serious doubts about the simulation part, considering that Turn 10 always overpromise simulations stuff. But will be happy to be proven wrong on release!

Last edited:
To be fair to them they haven't shied away from showing console version when it comes to actual gameplay. It's just strange to see console version have worse lighting than open world cross gen Horizon 5. Something is not right here. Always online is a deal-breaker for me though.

Always online is such BS. Also, showing PC footage with the implications being its console footage is dishonest as hell. They all pretty much do this. Just because somethings the status quo doesn't necessarily make it right.

Darsxx82

Call me schizophrenic..... but after seeing the gameplay and the absence of RT refections during the race/gameplay I'm afraid that when they said "RT reflections on tracks" they were only referring to the pre-race moments and cutscenes.

It would be a shame if they had played with words and more when the game was presented they shaw moments with RT refections during the race.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Meh, looks cute. Have they even said anything about the damn physics?

At 54:40
We experienced our new tyre model, our new tyre pressure model. We have a new way that heat interacts with tyre pressure, we actually have dynamic track temperatures affecting this all. We have dynamic rubbering in on the track. We actually have a new atmospheric pressure system that accurately has pressure affecting things like air density, affecting aerodynamics and power, as well as the tyre pressure. We have an entire new suspension system with new suspension modelling.

Monad

Nobody is suffering other than a lot of coping after the console gameplay reveal.

And yet the game looks at the level of GT7 (or a bit above) except for the different artistic decisions in terms of lighting and shaders, obviously we can't dissect everything in the greatest detail without a direct-feed footage of the final build.

Other than that, expecting the game to look like it does on a high-end PC when it has to run at native 4K and rock solid 60 fps on console (something Turn 10 is known for), is simply naive and delusional.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
And yet the game looks at the level of GT7 (or a bit above) except for the different artistic decisions in terms of lighting and shaders, obviously we can't dissect everything in the greatest detail without a direct-feed footage of the final build.

Other than that, expecting the game to look like it does on a high-end PC when it has to run at native 4K and rock solid 60 fps on console (something Turn 10 is known for), is simply naive and delusional.
I completely agree. Blame MS for showing off the high end PC in all those trailers.

As far as the resident cheerleader, Riky, I said what I said. Those bullet points apply to every sim racer out there now. Put away the "truly next gen" pompoms. It's cringe at this point.

Monad

I completely agree. Blame MS for showing off the high end PC in all those trailers.

As far as the resident cheerleader, Riky, I said what I said. Those bullet points apply to every sim racer out there now. Put away the "truly next gen" pompoms. It's cringe at this point.

Well, as a high-end PC user myself, I can't blame MS for showing off the best version of their game in a showcase event.

In fact, I think at this point we should assume that everything they show corresponds to the PC versions (because after all they exist), unless they indicate otherwise, as has been the case of today's gameplay.

The HUD still lacks a ton of info to even call this a sim-cade. Disappointing.
I’ve found the customizable huds in Forza Motorsport to be some of the best. In particular, to see tire temperature and pressures adjusting in real time has been an invaluable tool for tuning. I’d assume this is at minimum retainer at the same level for this version. What information is missing that you’d like to have?

Loxus

I'll say both games give and take in terms of details and other stuff.
9lU7yCF.jpg
HmEFzYx.jpg

clarky

Gold Member
It's so strange to tease player with 500+ car roster and force them to use only a handful of cars in SP career.

Call me an idiot, but I like the menu system in GT (wish there was more of them), because it is actually trying you to push you out of your comfort zone and try some quirky, old or strange cars during your single-player run.
What makes you think there's only a handful of cars in the career mode?

Monad

I'll say both games give and take in terms of details and other stuff.
9lU7yCF.jpg
HmEFzYx.jpg

Both images have atrocious compression at this point, but the former is a pristine GT7 promotional image while the latter is a capture of YouTube footage from the Showcase trailer, not even from direct-feed content.

I think we can discuss the differences between the two titles, but when the final build of Forza Motorsport arrives, for logic's sake.

Last edited:

Loxus

Both images have atrocious compression at this point, but the former is a pristine GT7 promotional image while the latter is a capture of YouTube footage from the Showcase trailer, not even from direct-feed content.

I think we can discuss the differences between the two titles, but when the final build of Forza Motorsport arrives, for logic's sake.
Both these images are in game footage.
Forza launches in about 3 months, not much is going to change.

Forza looks good, you can see with the lighting in both images. Don't know why your so defensive.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons

Forza looks good, you can see with the lighting in both images. Don't know why your so defensive.
Those are not in game lol. The GT7 image is from photomode and that Forza image is from replay probably from the maxed out pc version.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I'm not blown away by what I am shown, hopefully it looks better in person and dynamic day/night/weather amps it up a bunch.
That said, I was impressed with what I thought looked like enhanced gameplay, to me this looked more like GT in terms of raw driving that ever. Like locked in. (I mean this in a good way)
Hopefully they have a "arcade" mode for those who prefer a more arcade way to drive.

Riky

$MSFT
Is that Raytraced reflections still in gameplay on Series X or only PC?

What you mean got more cars on track?

They said in game on console, even Series S. Along with the 4k 60fps and AI based on machine learning.
That's why it's next gen as it's a complete upgrade over last gen games.

djjinx2

So wrong, games are polished up in the last few months. It's literally the time when alot can change graphically.

Riky

$MSFT
Blog update,

"
  • Experience a cutting-edge simulation with incredible photorealistic visuals that deliver real-time ray tracing on-track, new damage and dirt accumulation systems, fully dynamic time-of-day with weather, live on-track scoring that helps you master every layout, and massively upgraded physics featuring powerful assists and a 48x improvement in tire fidelity."
Sounds great.

I am equally interested in this as I am Starfield.
After HiFi Rush, which while loved by many, isn't for me, and Redfall wasn't for anyone, having two of my most anticipated games coming within a month or two of each other is just nuts.
We eating good from now on my fellow Rats.

Apparently John L from Digital Foundry is doing a GT7 vs Forza MS comparison when it comes out.
It will be great to see the difference between both studios approach.

Last edited:
Not exactly all that impressive to me but at least I don't see at first glance a bunch of pop-ins and shadows that line up with the vehicle like in GT7.
It's still a WIP mind, I'm more interested in how the new physics engine feels, hopefully there's more weight to the cars.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Blog update,

"
  • Experience a cutting-edge simulation with incredible photorealistic visuals that deliver real-time ray tracing on-track, new damage and dirt accumulation systems, fully dynamic time-of-day with weather, live on-track scoring that helps you master every layout, and massively upgraded physics featuring powerful assists and a 48x improvement in tire fidelity."
Sounds great.

I cringe every time they say 'on track'. Just say RT is not present during racing and is there only for specific pit stop, race start etc. transitions.

hlm666

Wonder if it will be good enough for the FIA to consider it for their esport league, they kicked GT7 to the curb and switched to ACC last year but i'm not sure Forza will be able to compete with ACC either so probably not.

Top Bottom