• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsports early previews

Was going to post about this after bumping into that video preview on YouTube, sounds and looks fantastic, gawd damn.

Haven't been this hyped for Forza in yeeeeears.

Weird, they say there's RT reflections in game, I didn't see the players car reflected on other cars at all during races.

Bilu

It's a GaaS game so they push systems and car levelling restrictions that increase engagement.

This new system is for players who appreciate an old-school progression system, and that goes against what you said, if they were REALLY going for that they would have invested in a lot of FOMO like in Horizon to generate "engagement". Want to collect all the cars? Play Horizon.

Are you really progressing if you have to start from scratch with every vehicle you obtain? Also, the idea of automating the driving to beat the "progression" instead of engaging with vehicle shopping and tuning after beating events sounds awful.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Weird, they say there's RT reflections in game, I didn't see the players car reflected on other cars at all during races.
Almost 90% of the footage you see on youtube is in non RT performance mode. Only handfull of youtubers actually used the RT performance mode.
65R7eaW.gif

Three

This new system is for players who appreciate an old-school progression system, and that goes against what you said, if they were REALLY going for that they would have invested in a lot of FOMO like in Horizon to generate "engagement". Want to collect all the cars? Play Horizon.
What does it go against? Phil himself said it's a GaaS game. Collecting all the cars is a lot less time consuming than levelling up the cars individually to unlock upgrades. If collecting all the cars isn't a thing in Forza Motorsport (why wouldn't it be?) then it only shows they know this and pushed engagement by requiring you to spend hours levelling up the cars you do use individually to be able to upgrade them.

Last edited:

Turk1993

Funny how Alan from Team VVV is just acting like this game doesn't exist 🤣🤣🤣

Guys a clown.
He was shitting on the trailers and early gameplay showcase how the game looked bad this and that while it was the developement build like they stated. But he made tons of excuses posts about Test Drive Unlimited how it was not finished yet and that it will look better at launch and stuff. Just because he was invited on the play event of TDU he was hyping it up constantly on forums and his channel. He didn't even play Forza yet made claims about the physics stuff like he played it already.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
On PC Game Pass you can explore the folder and see all the cars (529) and tracks (21) :
- 17 real tracks
- Maple Valley
- 2 "ProtoCircuit"
- 1 "Prototype track"

The DLSS DLL is indeed there, but not the DLSS3 FG one.
There are also two DStorage DLLs.

Cars and tracks are taking the majority of the space, 25 GB of cars, almost 83 GB of tracks, only 2.2 GB for the audio.

Last edited:

LostDonkey

He was shitting on the trailers and early gameplay showcase how the game looked bad this and that while it was the developement build like they stated. But he made tons of excuses posts about Test Drive Unlimited how it was not finished yet and that it will look better at launch and stuff. Just because he was invited on the play event of TDU he was hyping it up constantly on forums and his channel. He didn't even play Forza yet made claims about the physics stuff like he played it already.

He's always been a Sony Fanboy. Look at his channel there's video after video of Gran Turismo, and Driveclub. Nothing on the Forza games, maybe 1 video out of 100 and like you say absolutely slating it. Yet he claims to be an unbiased racing game enthusiast. He's always been pro playstation from the start of his channel. It's undeniable.

He'd rather cover some isometric rally game or some karting game than the reboot of a hugely successful racing series.

Catphish

This game has me champin at dat bit. Counting the days!

Hood cam + virtual rearview (which wasn't in Horizon (in spite of widespread begging) for reasons I'll never understand) = many hours to come in the racing rig.

I'm hoping that the camera will be adjustable in cockpit so I can move it to the center of the car, and that the virtual rearview will be available in other camera modes but, even if not, I'm still a happy boi.

Last edited:

DanielG165

I literally can’t wait to finally drive the both ZL1 1LE and C8 Z06 on actual tracks in this game. The latter better have the Z07 package too, and hopefully they haven’t made the former feel like a pig when it doesn’t drive like that at all irl. I wish though that we had the 5th gen Z/28 here too; the last Motorsport to have that car was FM6. It’s a track car like the other two, and they clearly have the model for it; hopefully T10 adds it in at some point.

Danknugz

been trying to clean up forza horizon 4 and I completed the entire drift club series lads night all 3 stars on each only to realize it has no achievement for it

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I literally can’t wait to finally drive the both ZL1 1LE and C8 Z06 on actual tracks in this game. The latter better have the Z07 package too, and hopefully they haven’t made the former feel like a pig when it doesn’t drive like that at all irl. I wish though that we had the 5th gen Z/28 here too; the last Motorsport to have that car was FM6. It’s a track car like the other two, and they clearly have the model for it; hopefully T10 adds it in at some point.
Really look forward to driving the ERay and see if they nail the electric sounds

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/GjNBk581MpE

ShakenG

He's always been a Sony Fanboy. Look at his channel there's video after video of Gran Turismo, and Driveclub. Nothing on the Forza games, maybe 1 video out of 100 and like you say absolutely slating it. Yet he claims to be an unbiased racing game enthusiast. He's always been pro playstation from the start of his channel. It's undeniable.

He'd rather cover some isometric rally game or some karting game than the reboot of a hugely successful racing series.
I get some of your points but how on earth is the guy a Sony fanboy? Going through his videos. Its just a random list of anything racing. So id love to know how you came to that conclusion.

Maybe, it makes him a GT fanboy, MAYBE hes not a Forza fan. But going through that list of video's. Sony fanboy is a huge reach.

And i won't lie, im partially defending him because ive been watching his channel over the years for that reason. The variety.

Last edited:

Turk1993

And another in December. I’m sure they won’t be able to keep this cadence of a track per month, but it’s great to see some additional tracks in the short term. And part of free updates.
Yup, hope tracks like Bathurst and Imola follow up quickly.

This, Silverstone and Virginia tracks are me least favorite. Maybe I will enjoy them more with the updated physics.

Actually the fictional tracks have been my favorites in Forza games. Hopeful that some will be added eventually.
Yes i also loved the fictional tracks in older titles. But the new one's look kinda meh compared to the old classics. I can't wait to see the old tracks in the new game with all the enhancements. And fully dynamic tod and weather will breath new life to those tracks.

Danknugz

I get some of your points but how on earth is the guy a Sony fanboy? Going through his videos. Its just a random list of anything racing. So id love to know how you came to that conclusion.

Maybe, it makes him a GT fanboy, MAYBE hes not a Forza fan. But going through that list of video's. Sony fanboy is a huge reach.

And i won't lie, im partially defending him because ive been watching his channel over the years for that reason. The variety.
i've wasted so much of my life away playing video games i can't imagine wasting even more of it watching someone's youtube videos about video games, and then waste even more time arguing about whether they're a sony fanboy or a xbox fanboy and then wasting even more time goin g through all the videos to see if he is actually a ps fanboy or an xbox fanboy

Dural

This, Silverstone and Virginia tracks are me least favorite. Maybe I will enjoy them more with the updated physics.

Actually the fictional tracks have been my favorites in Forza games. Hopeful that some will be added eventually.

Same here, they were always graphical showcases. I don't understand how they can spend 6 years making this game and only bring one of these tracks and not make a new one as the showcase track. Its perplexing.

ShakenG

i've wasted so much of my life away playing video games i can't imagine wasting even more of it watching someone's youtube videos about video games, and then waste even more time arguing about whether they're a sony fanboy or a xbox fanboy and then wasting even more time goin g through all the videos to see if he is actually a ps fanboy or an xbox fanboy
But you're happy to waste your time explaining this pointless comment to me after a rant about wasting time?

Maybe you missed the part where i said ive been watching him for years. I dont watch all his videos, just the ones that interest me. And it probably took less than a minute to scroll through 50 odd videos.

No one asked mate. Im certainly not interest in knowing what you find a waste of time.

Last edited:

Danknugz

But you're happy to waste your time explaining this pointless comment to me after a rant about wasting time?

Maybe you missed the part where i said ive been watching him for years. I dont watch all his videos, just the ones that interest me. And it probably took less than a minute to scroll through 50 odd videos.

No one asked mate. Im certainly not interest in knowing what you find a waste of time.
all good brother

LukeAJN

Gonna have to get this on gamepass first before getting it on steam. Anyone know if there is a way to make your progress carry over from gamepass on PC to steam?

cormack12

Gold Member
This is what I flagged up on the early pages but this guy describes it better with the rear end

Now far chase cam seems to make to less of an issue, and I'm not going to be using chase cam anyway but it does feel a bit on a pivot I guess?

LostDonkey

This is what I flagged up on the early pages but this guy describes it better with the rear end

Now far chase cam seems to make to less of an issue, and I'm not going to be using chase cam anyway but it does feel a bit on a pivot I guess?

To me it looks like it's just the camera effect and not what this guy is actually suggesting.

Top Bottom