• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox News: Trump 'seriously considering' a pardon for ex-Sheriff Joe Arpaio

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...onsidering-pardon-for-sheriff-joe-arpaio.html

EXCLUSIVE: President Trump may soon issue a pardon for Joe Arpaio, the colorful former Arizona sheriff who was found guilty two weeks ago of criminal contempt for defying a state judge's order to stop traffic patrols targeting suspected undocumented immigrants. In his final years as Maricopa County sheriff, Arpaio had emerged as a leading opponent of illegal immigration.

”I am seriously considering a pardon for Sheriff Arpaio," the president said Sunday, during a conversation with Fox News at his club in Bedminster, N.J. ”He has done a lot in the fight against illegal immigration. He's a great American patriot and I hate to see what has happened to him."

Trump said the pardon could happen in the next few days, should he decide to do so.

Arpaio, 85, was convicted by U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton of misdemeanor contempt of court for willfully disregarding an Arizona judge's order in 2011 to stop the anti-immigrant traffic patrols. Arpaio had maintained the law enforcement patrols for 17 months thereafter.

Donald Trump is a racist.

Oersted

Note to myself: No threads on breaking news today.

On topic, I find the timing interesting. It directly torpodoes his non-believable prompter reading.

Protein

Banned
This guy terrorized both legal and undocumented immigrants. He's basically a corrupt sheriff from a Quentin Tarantino movie.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Go ahead and pardon the Charlottesville terrorist while you're at it, you racist piece of shit.

Strike

Of course he would. I really hope he ends up going down and taking a bunch of his cronies and the GOP with him.

IronRinn

C_cTDZzUAAEQ3Mr.jpg

Edit: Credit where credit is due:

The creator of that image, Mike Mitchell, has stickers for sale.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
He has to practice and learn about pardons so he will be ready when he has to pardon himself.

He isn't even trying to be subtle about how big of a piece of shit he is. I honestly don't think I'm gonna make it through 4 years of this bullshit, and what his position leads crazy people to do.

Meanwhile one of my coworkers keeps complaining the media is blaming Trump for everything.
NEWFLASH, HE DOES TERRIBLE THINGS LIKE THIS.

It almost seems like the second Trump wakes up each morning, he skims through the book of "The Most Vile Bullshit People Could Do" and mutters to himself, "Well, I haven't done THIS one yet!"

mreddie

Joe said last week he wasn't expecting one...so either this was the plan or some reverse psychology.

Oh right, Dump.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
This is the sort of thing you'd normally wait till the final day of your presidency to do
I'm not sure what political capital even is anymore. People constantly say that everything Trump does costs him a lot in political capital, but he just keeps on doing it and it keeps costing him in political capital.

He should be so far into the negatives in political capital that he should have been thrown out the window or locked up months ago. It's amazing that he's still allowed to keep his job.

My coworker, who is from Arizona, swears this guy is a fucking hero.

He's a piece of shit
Let's see if your co-worker can go lower:

What do they think about the fact that as part of his "heroic" (fucking gag) escapades, he deliberately ignored hundreds of rape cases, including those of children?

Top Bottom