• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Votes: Top 50 Nintendo titles of all Time

1. Super Mario Sunshine (yes I am serious); I don't care about how MArio Galaxy is more revolutionary or what ever, this is the most fun Mario game I've ever played.
2. Legend of Zelda : Wind Waker; best Zelda game, the exploration was seamless and combat is awesome and the graphics are phenomenal.
3. Super Metroid; Still one of the best game of the Metroidvania formula.
4.Legend of Zelda :Twilight Princess; Not quite as good as WW but I found ti be be fun, I still hate Fyrus though.
5. F-Zero GX; Challenging in a good way, it's one those racers that rewards you for getting good at it.
6.Super Mario World; Best 2D Mario, I had more fun playing it rather than Mario 3.
7.Super Smash Bros .Melee; The only Smahs Bros title I played and found it to be decent.
8. Metroid Prime; still one of the most atmospheric games ever.
9.Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask; Dark, creepy and just so damn sweet.
10. Pokemon Red/ Blue; the only Pokemon I played and I love it.

Come to think about it, most of my favorite Nintendo games are on the GameCube, Why am I always a minority ?

StuBurns

Banned
1. Metroid Prime
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Super Mario Bros 3
4. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
5. Super Mario Galaxy

Real Talk

Sadist

Are you going to count Orcarina of Time and Orcarina of Time 3D as the same game? It will affect the results if counted separately.
Thinking of putting those votes together yes.

Updated the list of games you can pick. Just the console games now, working on the handheld games right now.

ilMikhail

1. Super Mario Bros
2. Super Mario Bros 3
3. StarFox 64
4. Super Mario Galaxy
5. Mario Kart 64
6. Super Smash Bros Melee
7. Yoshi's Island
8. Super Mario World
9. Super Mario Land 2
10. Pokémon Red/Blue

Yep, looks like I love Mario Bros <3

Gintoki

1- The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
2- Super Mario World
3- Super Mario Galaxy
4- Donkey Kong Country 2
5- Super Smash Bros. Melee
6- Pokemon Red/blue/green
7- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
8- Metroid Prime
9- Fire Emblem (GBA)
10- Rhythm Heaven (DS)

abasm

1. Zelda: Majora's Mask
2. Mother 3
3. Super Smash Bros Melee
4. Pokemon Gold/Silver
5. Metroid: Zero Mission
6. Super Mario Sunshine
7. F-Zero GX
8. Mario Kart 7
9. Animal Crossing
10. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

My favorites of what I've played. I wanted to pick one from each series.

ecierif

1. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past ; A lengthy, fast-paced adventure with a fairly large, interesting world. There's a large number of pretty good dungeons. The overworld(s) have fun things to do and places to see, and the areas connect to one another in a cohesive, convenient manner rather than being spread apart from one another. This, and Super Metroid, are rare examples of adventures that seem to feature little to no filler.

2. Super Mario Galaxy 2 ; Favorite 3D (maybe overall) platformer. I think the Galaxy games are possibly the most creative and imaginative games of the series, while managing to remain fast-paced and lengthy. And it has excellent music, graphics and art design.

3. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island ; This spinoff outshines the series that inspired it due to its unique shooting mechanic, charming artwork and creative level design. The secret levels are a challenge to both unlock and complete.

4. Super Metroid ; There's action from the beginning to the end, while providing plenty of secrets if one wants to take a break and explore. Part of me prefers the expanded environments, intense boss fights, and creative uses of the morphball found in the Prime series, but overall I think I prefer replaying this lean, fast-paced 2D action-adventure.

5. Metroid Prime ; A great expansion of Super Metroid's gameplay into three dimensions. The art, level design, enemies, puzzles, graphics and music are great, and scanning was a creative way of allowing the player to learn more about the world and its creatures. My one gripe is that fighting enemies sometimes feels like a chore, a feeling I have regarding almost all non-2D games. (Many Super Metroid enemies can be beaten in seconds or avoided. Battles against some Prime enemies take much longer and feel more repetitive.)

6. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes ; I enjoyed the emphasis on the morphball. It's used in ways I never would have expected. I like the large number of mid-boss and boss battles. The level design of the main areas is great (well, the first one is decent, but the others are really interesting and cool). Some parts feel like filler or have slightly too much backtracking.

7. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption ; I felt the others had slightly better bosses/level design. Aiming with the remote works well. The multiple planets make it the most disjointed of the Metroid games (in a way that reminds me of Skyward Sword's mini-overworlds), but they still feature plenty of the great level design, combat, music and art found in the other games.

8. Sin & Punishment: Star Successor ; It has varied level and enemy design, lots of bosses/midbosses, and it's fairly long for a rail shooter. At times, the screen looks like bullet hell, but the dodge mechanic makes it manageable. The two characters are different enough that I wanted to play through with both (also, because of the mode that is unlocked afterwards). I like that character movement (analog stick) and aiming/shooting (pointer/remote) are controlled independently unlike most rail shooters. That can technically be achieved with dual analog sticks, but it would definitely not feel as fluid or comfortable considering the hectic action of the game.

9. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask ; There's an unusually dark storyline, lots of interesting (and genuinely rewarding) sidequests and characters, and better pacing and less filler than most of the 3D Zeldas. I like that the world is densely packed into one central town and a small, surrounding field. (I like the idea of crossing a massive land, ocean or sky, but it can get boring.)

10. F-Zero GX ; Insane course designs and a great sensation of speed. The story mode was a good addition, though it was sometimes frustrating.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Honorable mention:

Tetrisphere ; One of my most played puzzle games ever. It's weird, unique, lengthy, challenging and has a catchy electronic soundtrack.

Banjo-Kazooie ; A more challenging, less linear take on the Mario 64 formula. Felt like a platforming adventure.
Blast Corps ; Unique, challenging driving/flying destruction gameplay. Crazy unlockable bonus levels were a good incentive to aim for high scores.
Conker's Bad Fur Day ; Its gameplay and level design are humorously random, and it has great, fast pacing.
Perfect Dark ; The level/mission design, multiplayer options, bots and unique weapons make this one of my favorite shooters.

Donkey Kong (1994) ; Probably my favorite Game Boy game. They turned a fairly simple arcade game into a lengthy, addictive puzzle platformer.
Donkey Kong Country Returns ; Shake-to-roll annoyed me, but I really liked the level design.

Earthbound ; A nicely paced JRPG with interesting areas and scenarios. It has a refreshingly fun, lighthearted story compared to its often overly serious, badly written peers. (I still appreciate those overly serious peers, but they often make me cringe or make me laugh at inappropriate times.)

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Metroid: Zero Mission

New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario World

Star Fox 64 ; This (and Panzer Dragoon Orta) nearly ties Sin & Punishment 2 as my favorite rail shooter. Each has great levels, cool bosses, and decent replay value.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Honorable mention, tier 2:

Art Style (series) ; Especially Cubello and Light Trax. I wish I had a DSi so I could try the DSiWare games.
Clubhouse Games ; This is a great, portable collection of card and board games, offering lots of options.
Picross DS
Planet Puzzle League

Tetris/DX/DS

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest ; Favorite of the SNES games (didn't play the 3rd one)
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat ; Odd, but surprisingly fun control method (for the Gamecube version) combined with fast, score attack gameplay.

Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Mario Kart/64/Double Dash/Wii ; Great multiplayer games with family and friends. MK Wii is good, though Nintendo messed up Battle Mode. Each game has several amazing courses.

Metroid: Other M ; This game is really flawed, but it's not all bad. Tecmo/Nintendo managed to make a 3D game that's as fast-paced as its 2d predecessors. The idea of a Metroid with more emphasis on story is fine, but the one they chose to tell did not serve the franchise well. Parts of the game are nonsensical and hilarious (in all the wrong ways), especially the timing when Samus obtains the Varia Suit. Those slow, first-person parts were lame. Still, the area design was decent. The combat is simple, but fast and fun (more like the 2D games). The concept should really be streamlined and expanded upon in a sequel, with more imaginative level design and better writing.

Super Mario 64/Sunshine ; They offer a sense of exploration that the others sort of lack. Sunshine disappointed, but F.L.U.D.D. is awesome. I would like a Sunshine 2.

Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl ; I like the unique focus on level design and single-player content compared to other fighting games.

Wii Sports/Resort ; I had some good times bowling, frisbee golfing and shooting targets with my family.
I think I would enjoy Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, Kirby Super Star, Metroid Fusion, Mother 3, Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap and Picross 3D, but I haven't played them yet. Banjo-Tooie and Pikmin 2 are cool, but I never finished them.

Thinking of putting those votes together yes.

Updated the list of games you can pick. Just the console games now, working on the handheld games right now.

How come one of the Banjo games is included in the Famitsu list but not in yours? What's the proper stance on those games and Conker?

1. Super Mario World
2. Legend of Zelda : Wind Waker
3. Pokemon Red/Blue
4. Banjo Kazooie
5. Yoshi's Island
6. Super Smash Bros. Melee
7. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
8. Metroid Prime
9. Super Mario 64
10. Animal Crossing

John Dunbar

correct about everything
1. Super Mario Bros. 3
2. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
4. Pokémon Red/Blue
5. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
6. Super Mario World
7. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
8. Super Mario Galaxy
9. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
10. Super Mario 64

Epcott

1. Super Mario Bros 3 - (IMO best 2D Mario, good balance in power-ups, challenge, and original ideas... for its time)
  2. TLoZ: LLtP - (Introducing Light and Dark World, memorable adventure, can still remember running in the rain to Hyrule Castle)
  3. Metroid Prime - (Lush organic world, even the title screen was well made. This made Metroid a living breathing world IMO)
  4. Earthbound (Mother 2) - (One of my favorite RPGs of all time. Amazing story, and reminded me of those childhood adventure movies of the 80's)
  5. Super Mario Galaxy - (The ultimate in 3D Mario gameplay... blew my mind when I first played it)
  6. TLoZ: OoT - (So many memorable events. To this day, it feels like every modern Zelda post OoT is trying to recapture it's magic)
  7. Super Metroid - (A classic in level design, it was pure genius... only when I became older did I realize it's facerocking-ness)
  8. F-Zero GX - (Only played it briefly, but the handling and crisp visuals make it the best futuristic racer I've played)
  9. Mario Kart 7 - (Every MK has been leading to this one, and it tastes delicious. Best online set up in a Ninny game, hands down)
  10. Super Smash Bros Melee - (The pinnacle of Smash Bros... to this day, I still get the urge to play)

Ragus

Banned
1. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island;
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time;
3. Super Mario 64;
4. Pokemon Red/Blue;
5. Super Mario Galaxy;
6. Metroid Prime;

I better get in on this.

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
3. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
4. Metroid Prime
5. Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver
6. Xenoblade
7. Pikmin 2
8. Super Metroid
9. Super Mario World
10. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

seady

1. The Legend of Zelda : A Link to the Past
2. Animal Crossing
3. Super Mario World
4. Pokemon Gold / Silver
5. Pikmin
6. Warioware : Mega Microgame$
7. The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time
8. Super Mario Kart
9. Kirby Canvas Curse
10. Advance Wars

Famassu

1. Super Metroid
2d action/adventure/platformer perfection.

2. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Personally I think Nintendo hasn't done Zelda better than ALTTP, not even Majora's Mask or Link's Awakening (which are the best 3d and handheld Zeldas, respectively).

3. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
I just love this game. It oozes happiness and fun. Some prefer other Marios over it because it's perhaps a bit more focused on exploration & finding all the secrets than just pure platforming, but I like it the most because of it.

4. Metroid Prime
Some might've not liked the move to FP gameplay, but I honestly think the move couldn't have been done any better. The gameplay, the atmosphere, the graphics, the audio... It's pretty much the kind of FPA perfection as Super Metroid was as a 2d game.

5. Super Mario Galaxy 2
I personally don't hold much love for the first game. I enjoyed it, but I actually got more fun out of Sunshine (FLUDD <3 and the classic levels are some of the best in any Mario ever). But the sequel... it fixes everything I think was wrong with the first game and adds tons more variety.

6. Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan
A super-fun music game. It could perhaps have a few songs more, but the multiple difficulty levels make up for it.

7. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
I've got to admit, I haven't played as many FEs as I should've, but from the ones I've played, I liked Path of Radiance the best.

8. Kirby: Canvas Curse
The best platformer for DS, which is kinda funny since it's also one of the first. I don't think any platformer exceeded the genius that is Canvas Curse. The existence of CC makes the bland & unimaginative NSMB DS even sadder.

9. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
My favorite Mario RPG, slightly ahead of Paper Mario: TTYD.

10. Donkey Kong Country
What can I say, I prefer the first one over the second (apart from the OSTs, 2 beats 1 in that regards).

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2. Super Mario World
3. Super Mario Bros. 3
4. Pokémon Red/Blue
5. Super Mario 64
6. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
7. GoldenEye
8. Paper Mario
9. Donkey Kong Country
10. Banjo-Kazooie

Berordn

If there's anything Nintendo does well, it's presentation.
  1. [GBA] Mother 3; This is simply the pinnacle of their output. No game evokes as much emotion, or uses art and music to the same effect as Mother 3. The story is wonderfully written, the characters are believable, the world is wonderfully designed and it wraps it all together with a quirky music based battle system. It's perfect. (Fair warning though, I might be biased because this one has a spectacular unofficial translation by longtime fans of the series that helps turn the game into a perfect experience.)
  2. [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy 2; Mario 64 and Galaxy paved the way for this, their ultimate triumph in the platforming genre. It does so much right and keeps throwing new ideas at you up to the end. Also birthed the tradition of "holy balls" difficulty courses in 3D Mario games, which is brilliant.
  3. [SNES] Super Metroid; Takes Metroid, puts it on the SNES, and does everything right, setting the standard for the... platformer-exploration genre. Wonderful atmosphere and ambiance, plenty to find and do, great boss fights and dat music. Still the standard to which all its kin are held up to for a good reason.
  4. [N64] The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask; One of Ocarina of Time's direct sequels, this one takes Zelda's formula and turns it upside down, placing Link in a parallel universe and a new quest, focusing on my favorite aspect of the Zelda series, the sidequests. A short game if you just jump around from temple to temple, but an amazing ride if you play to completion, in their most complete setting to date.
  5. [NDS] Mario Kart DS; The most balanced Mario Kart to date, chock full of single player content and introduced Nintendo to the world of online play, which they've been thankfully improving at ever since (they're still falling short, but any progress is good progress). This one sucked years of my life away and it's easy to see why, and even in the face of other brothers MKWii and MK7, still looks good and plays just as well, if not better.
  6. [SNES] Kirby Super Star; Kirby was simple fun until this game, which emphasizes on the action aspects of his signature copy abilities. Divided into bite-sized chunks with just enough difference between the segments to keep the whole thing fresh, and it's good, simple fun all around, full of diverse boss battles and abilities.
  7. [GCN] Metroid Prime; While it takes all its cues from Super Metroid, it's a beautifully designed first-person shooter with heavy focus on platforming and exploration. Still the best of the sub-series, it revitalized Metroid and it's not hard to see why.
  8. [GCN] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker; Though later sequels would pay homage to Ocarina of Time in stylistic and game design choices, this one sets itself apart by trying to be a true sequel to it, featuring a new post-apocalyptic world and a bunch of new items and mechanics that play to the system's strengths. Memorable characters, excellent music, and an art style that rivals the games which would follow it, held back only by its length and relatively easy difficulty.
  9. [GCN] Pikmin 2; Pikmin was a great experiment, but this one comes up with something brilliant, turning it into a RTS dungeon-crawler. Random layouts, quirky enemies and bosses, and a beautiful world.
  10. [NES] Super Mario Bros. 3; Everyone knows SMB3. Your dad knows it, your mom knows it, hell she probably played it with you. Dozens of powerups, a bunch of fun levels, a good ramp-up in difficulty, and a Princess who makes jokes at the worst time.

Honorable mentions: Zelda: OoT, Zelda: ALttP, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, SMB1, SMW, Kirby Canvas Curse, Rhythm Heaven series

I'm from the US so I had to import Mother 3 (and still couldn't play it until the translation patch years later).

edit: Jeez, reading everyone else's lists is reminding me just how many quality titles I forgot. I guess this is still my top ten, but it's a tough call.

1. Zelda 64
2. Mario 3
3. Super Mario World
4. Zelda: ALttP
5. Earthbound
6. Super Metroid
7. Donkey Kong Country
8. Mario 64
9. Metroid Prime
10. Super Mario Kart

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Super Mario 64
4. Mario Kart Wii
5. Sin & Punishment 2
6. New Super Mario Bros Wii
7. Super Mario Bros 3
8. Perfect Dark
9. Super Smash Bros Brawl
10. Super Mario Sunshine

Does Sin & Punishment 2 count?

Nah. As far as I'm aware, Nintendo's only involvement was to publish it.

Edit: Updated my list since S&P2 is apparently allowed!

AntMurda

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. F-Zero X
4. Super Metroid
5. Yoshi's Island
6. Donkey Kong' 94
7. Fire Emblem 4: Geneology of the Holy War
8. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out
9. Zelda 2: Adventure of Link
0. Advance Wars: Dual Strike

Honorary Mention:
Star Fox 64, WarioWare, Wave Race 64, 1080 Snowboarding, Metroid Fusion, Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Ranger X

01- Super Metroid
02- Super Mario Karts
03- Zelda A Link To The Past
04- Yoshi's Island
05- New Super Mario Bros Wii
06- Super Mario Bros 3
07- Earthbound
08- Super Mario Galaxy 2
09- Super Mario Galaxy
10- Starfox 64

linko9

1. Zelda OoT
2. Super Metroid
3. Fire Emblem 4
4. Zelda Majora's Mask
5. Super Mario 64
6. Zelda LttP
7. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
8. Metroid Prime
9. Earthbound
10. F-Zero GX

That was tough, might have to tweak this. Tough leaving Galaxy (2) off...

Boney

Banned
Mother 3
Rhythm Heaven
Rhythm Heaven
Rhythm Heaven
Rhythm Heaven
Rhythm Heaven
Rhythm Heaven
Rhythm Heaven
Rhythm Heaven
Metroid Zero Mission

I'm disqualified you say?

Whateverrrrrrr

Busaiku

1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. New Super Mario Bros Wii
3. Super Mario Galaxy
4. Super Mario World
5. Super Mario Bros 3
6. Metroid Prime
7. The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
8. The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
9. Sin & Punishment Star Successor
10. Pokemon Black Version

Honestly though, beyond the first 5, the I'd probably switch the others around at random parts of the day.

AntMurda

Mother 3
Rhythm Heaven
Rhythm Heaven
Rhythm Heaven
Rhythm Heaven
Rhythm Heaven
Rhythm Heaven
Rhythm Heaven
Rhythm Heaven
Metroid Zero Mission

I'm disqualified you say?

Whateverrrrrrr

Sakamoto has GAF account? I need Zero Mission on 3DS VC asap!

RE lover

1. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
2. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
4. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
5. Super Mario Galaxy 2
6. The Legend of Zelda
7. Super Mario Bros. 3
8. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
9. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
10. Super Mario 64

1. Metroid Prime
2. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2.
4. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
5. Super Metroid
6. Super Mario RPG
7. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
8. Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
9. Super Mario World
10. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

Disclaimer: This list varies wildly from day to day, the games are of such magnificent quality that any attempt to order them is a nonsense activity in itself. Still, this is the best I can do in five minutes and my ordering will probably change entirely in an hour or so.

john tv

1. The Legend of Zelda
2. Super Mario Bros. 3
3. Zelda: A Link to the Past
4. Super Metroid
5. Super Mario 64
6. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
7. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Beyond that it's just too hard...

Marlowe89

Top 3.

1. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker; Believe it or not, this just so happens to be my #1 Nintendo game of all-time. The sense of freedom, life, adventure and exploration it manages to convey is simply unparalleled among all Zelda installments. Even the little things, from treasure-hunting on the high seas to escaping from intimidating sea-hats during a storm to stumbling upon the haunting Ghost Ship out of nowhere just contributed even further in making this an excellent title. Also lots of side-content, a graphical style that even today looks fantastic, wonderfully written characters and THE most captivating story of any Zelda. It's really the only single-player game I can delve into again and again without ever getting tired of the experience.
2. Super Mario Sunshine; I think this was considered the black sheep among 3D Mario games, but even if it didn't reinvent the series to the same extent as Galaxy, I thought it was certainly the most enjoyable. Using Fludd was a nice refreshing change in gameplay and was great fun for me, and I really liked the interconnected feel of all the levels - like how one could view some of the other areas on the island from their current location.
3. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask; Everything from a great diversity in the terrain of different areas to the darker storytelling and craploads of side-content made this an unforgettable Zelda title, and my second favorite behind TWW. I felt it was also the most emotional, as I found myself empathizing with Link and Termina's residents as the apocalypse approached within 3 days time and the town music became consistently more frantic with each passing sunrise. Undoubtedly one of the most unique Zelda games. NPCs have never been so characterized.

The other 7:

4. Super Mario Galaxy; Great game that reinvented the entire Mario series. I haven't played the sequel yet, but I loved this one.
5. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!; Favorite Mario Kart game, played this with friends a lot and I thought it was even better than Mario Kart 64. To this day, I still occasionally play with my girlfriend.
6. Yoshi's Island; Loved it, especially the gameplay, worlds and music.
7. Donkey Kong Country; The worlds and music of this were especially memorable, as was the platforming.
8. Pokemon White; Black and White (though I chose the latter) are the greatest Pokemon versions so far. The sheer amount of good updates to the franchise almost makes it impossible for me to go back, barring HeartGold and SuperiorSilver.
9. WarioWare: Twisted!; I thought this was an underrated WarioWare title. I loved twisting and tilting my GBA to these fast-paced minigames. Best experience I've had with any minigame, as well.
10. Animal Crossing; I don't play this anymore, but it deserves a place in this list simply because I've never sunk so many hours into a Nintendo game.

1. Super Mario World Pretty close to platforming perfection, & the best console launch game ever.

2. Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past Set the formula for Zelda games for the next 20 years.

3. Super Mario Galaxy After the disappointments that were Sunshine & NSMB DS I didn't hold out a great deal of hope for this, probably the wrongest(yeah,I know that's not a word) I have ever been.

4. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Zelda is my favourite franchise & this was a great Zelda game as (for me) it changed enough about the game to keep me guessing at points whilst still maintaining its sense of nostalgia (crucial for a prequel imo) coupled with the best story(lol) in a Zelda game.

5. Super Mario Kart The best Mario Kart (haven't played the 3DS version), Nintendo never really got the balance between weapons & racing quite right after the SNES.

6. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Don't really think I can say anything about OoT that hasn't already been said, except that it would be a lot higher if Jabu-Jabu's belly wasn't in the game (& it didn't feel like they cut a lot out to finally finish the game)

7. Donkey Kong '94 I don't think there has been a more athletic Mario (outside of his various sports games), & it takes the idea behind the original DK and updates it beautifully.

8. F-Zero GX Brutally fast & brutally hard, if this is the last console F-Zero it was a fitting send off (It also reminds me of a time when Sega were good)

9. Super Punch Out This is probably nostalgia talking, but it is one of the last "arcade-style" Nintendo games (& it made me buy Knockout Kings for the GC just for SPO)

10. Starfox 64 Awesome into the screen shooter, with surprising longevity with the unlockable levels, medals etc.

Honourable mentions Blast Corp., Sin & Punishment 2 , Goldeneye, Elite Beat Agents, the other mainline Mario games, MKDS, Twilight Princess, Sim City(it had Bowser in it, it surely counts), Tetris, WarioWare, Paper Mario etc....

Nah. As far as I'm aware, Nintendo's only involvement was to publish it.

They oversaw development to certain extent (they told Treasure to make it harder)

waicol

Banned
1. Super Mario Galaxy 2
2. Super Mario Bros. 3
3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
4. Super Metroid
5. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
6. Super Mario 64
7. Goldeneye 007
8. Conker's Bad Fur Day
9. Mario Kart 7
10. Warioware inc.

*anyway listing just ten is a bitch, we can easily list 20-30 and we got pretty much a god tier gaming list of all time.

1. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Super Metroid
4. Metroid Prime
5. Super Mario World
6. Super Mario Galaxy 2
7. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
8. Super Mario 64
9. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
10. New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Top Bottom