• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Awesome OT. This season is going to be amazing. About the OP, why isn't [SoS]
Iwan Rheon in the cast list?

They need to find a reason, any reason, to cast James Purefoy (Mark Antony). He stole the show in Rome and he'd be perfect for GOT.

I think he said in an interview he doesn't want to do the show

I don't believe it's unfair at all. Dany is supposed to be very beautiful and the actor who portrays her should be easy on the eyes.

Oh I agree, I just didn't want to make it sound like a simple sexist point. Dany is supposed to be attractive, and for the lead young female character on the show like this you need an attractive actress. Clarke fits the bill while also being a (relatively) good actress. There's a power in her performance, and an aura of royalty. I can't think of any female characters on television like that right now. Well, outside of Maggie Williams on Downton Abbey :p

It was definitely a make-or-break cast call IMO, same with Tyrion and Arya. Getting those roles wrong would really hurt.

Ogni-XR21

Since I don't know the books I have been quite happy with the show. I want to read the books and plan on starting once this season is done. There's just too much spoiler potential to wait for the coming seasons.

Pretty hyped for this season, there has been a lot of teasing going on from they showrunners, let's hope it can live up to my expectations.

Amir0x

Banned
Ogni, for all that is good and holy, beware this thread for this season if you still haven't read the books. The major spoiler shock potential is so large for this book that it'd genuinely ruin moments if you were spoiled.

Dawg

Stannis The Mannis represent.

MVH8RSW.jpg

Falcs

Banned
I'm so damn pumped for this season! A Storm of Swords is the best book I've ever read in my life!

There's two things I'm so insanely hyped to see (ASOS/Possible Season Spoilers):
Fight between the hound and Beric Dondarrion
The Red Wedding

Zabka

I'm beyond excited about seeing Thoros of Myr and Beric Dondarrion. Gonna be some awesome stuff this season.

Moff

I loved season 1 and 2, seriously, I dont get the hate, at all.
sure, its not exceptional TV on the level of breaking bad and mad men, I agree.
but its still exceptional tv and a more than satisfying adaption, I understand that changes need to be made.

something I really disliked about sesaon 2 though was the mountain, and as far as I understood that was some kind of an emergency solution, will we get a new mountain for season 3, and especially 4? have we heard anything about that?

apart from that: up and until ASOS I loved the books, but I have reached the point where I trust benioff and weiss more than the man who wrote AFFC and ADWD.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
something I really disliked about sesaon 2 though was the mountain, and as far as I understood that was some kind of an emergency solution, will we get a new mountain for season 3, and especially 4? have we heard anything about that?

Same Mountain as season 2, afaik.

It sucks being Team Renly. Cause my team don't exist anymore. He was so nice! And he knew all his men! And....he would have gotten other people to do like, wars and stuff! >.<

Awesome OT. This season is going to be amazing. About the OP, why isn't [SoS]
Iwan Rheon in the cast list?

Season 3
The 45 names in the OT is HBO's official season 3 cast, not including recurring stars. Apparently Iwan will be credited as recurring (won't be credited during the opening).

RaidenZR

Damn, this thread crept up. So much hype going on inside of me right now... [ACOK/ASOS]
I'm ready to see some frog-eaters!

Steely, no mention of the Iron Throne ale in the OP? Gotta remind people to keep a cool one in the fridge for Sundays, ya know!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Ogni, for all that is good and holy, beware this thread for this season if you still haven't read the books. The major spoiler shock potential is so large for this book that it'd genuinely ruin moments if you were spoiled.
To tell you the truth, I won't feel sorry for any non-readers accidentally spoiling themselves in this thread. They really should stick to the other thread because someone might screw up and forget to tag something.

Pkaz01

I remember how hyped I was about season 2 last year, I was literally counting down the days. Now the only reason I remembered was cause this thread popped up. What a shame, season 2 was really disappointing for me.

jett

D-Member
They need to find a reason, any reason, to cast James Purefoy (Mark Antony). He stole the show in Rome and he'd be perfect for GOT.

He would've been pitch perfect as Mance Rayder, instead Ciaran Hinds(Caesar from Rome) was cast. Funny that.

And recently Purefoy and McKidd both said they would never do GoT even if they asked them cuz they're salty about Rome being cancelled. I lost all respect I had for those two when I read that.

Enjoy working on Grey's Anatomy for the rest of your life, McKidd.

RaidenZR

S1 - The Mountain That Rides
S2 - The Beanpole That Rides

This has totally reminded me of the fail that was the Mountain's recasting. They at least could have given this guy some extra thick padding and armor to compensate. He looks so weak without a barrel chest and zero bulk on his shoulder. Horrible.

He would've been pitch perfect as Mance Rayder, instead Ciaran Hinds(Caesar from Rome) was cast. Funny that.

And recently Purefoy and McKidd both said they would never do GoT even if they asked them cuz they're salty about Rome being cancelled. I lost all respect I had for those two when I read that.

Didn't they clarify that? They were sarcastically joking in conversation. It was clarified like a day later when the story was gaining traction.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

They were joking about that being the reason.

jett

D-Member
This has totally reminded me of the fail that was the Mountain's recasting. They at least could have given this guy some extra thick padding and armor to compensate. He looks so weak without a barrel chest and zero bulk on his shoulder. Horrible.

Didn't they clarify that? They were sarcastically joking in conversation. It was clarified like a day later when the story was gaining traction.

They were joking about that being the reason.

Ah well, good then, I never read the clarification.

pulga

Banned
lol was moop2000 banned for his comments in his thread?

He always seems to have a stick up his ass whenever I've glanced into the old show threads.

Anyways, can't fucking wait. Hopefully they'll be able to straighten out Arya and Jon's storylines.

Damn, this thread crept up. So much hype going on inside of me right now... [ACOK/ASOS]
I'm ready to see some frog-eaters!

Steely, no mention of the Iron Throne ale in the OP? Gotta remind people to keep a cool one in the fridge for Sundays, ya know!

Good idea, I'll add something about the beer. I went to a store in my town that carries Ommegang, but they didn't have the Game of Thrones beer, I'll check again sometime this week.

An-Det

I can't believe Season 3 is almost here. I've been mostly on blackout since Season 2 ended, so I dont know many details on who is playing who (holy shit at that huge main-ish cast) and since it's been so long since I read A Storm of Swords I dont remember many small details anyway. So fucking excited that the wait is nearly over.

Has Stephen Dillane done...any press or interviews since joining the show? Seems like we never see him anywhere.
I haven't seen anything. He's been incredibly busy the last couple of years - multiple tv shows and a bunch of movies. Maybe he just doesn't have time for much outside of acting.

Lothar

Banned
I loved season 1 and 2, seriously, I dont get the hate, at all.
sure, its not exceptional TV on the level of breaking bad and mad men, I agree.
but its still exceptional tv and a more than satisfying adaption, I understand that changes need to be made.

Some of the changes they made are indefensible - like what they did to Jon and Arya.

So is not letting
Catelyn and Robb know about Bran and Rickon, which removed the emotional depth to their two big decisions.

Not having Reek, dragging out Dany's story, taking out all the visions in the House of the Undying, and Dany making people starve to death are pretty bad too but it's just my opinion that these are bad.

Moff

Some of the changes they made are indefensible - like what they did to Jon and Arya.[/Spoiler]

Not having Reek, dragging out Dany's story, taking out all the visions in the House of the Undying, and Dany making people starve to death are pretty bad too but it's just my opinion that these are bad.

the halfhand story was kind of sloppily executed and quite a letdown, but I loved aryas and tywins scenes in harrenhal, these might even be my favourite scenes in the whole show, yet. but they're also both easily the best actors in the cast, so no surprise there. I have trust in benioff and weiss that they will straighten out aryas character in season 3, that her character was destroyed is ridicoulusly exagerrated.

I'm so damn pumped for this season! A Storm of Swords is the best book I've ever read in my life!

There's two things I'm so insanely hyped to see (ASOS/Possible Season Spoilers):
Fight between the hound and Beric Dondarrion
The Red Wedding
Yeah my hype levels for those events are off the roof. I am the only one who read the books out of all my friends so I can't wait to see thier reactions >:)

Colasante

The butchering of the House of the Undying is the biggest reason I had issues with season 2. That, and not including Renly's peach.

I haven't seen anything. He's been incredibly busy the last couple of years - multiple tv shows and a bunch of movies. Maybe he just doesn't have time for much outside of acting.

I've always wondered what he thinks about the show, and how he was sold on taking the role. Seems somewhat of a small role for him.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Has Stephen Dillane done...any press or interviews since joining the show? Seems like we never see him anywhere.

I've seen him in the Blu-ray extras, the video about creating the battle of Blackwater. Dude is unrecognizable. His face looks different, his voice sounds different. Even with the armor on I only realized it was him because nobody else wears that armor. I don't know what they did to him. Every other actor is easily recognizable.

[EDIT] Wait no, it's actually his stunt double, LOL

Pkaz01

Some of the changes they made are indefensible - like what they did to Jon and Arya.

So is not letting
Catelyn and Robb know about Bran and Rickon, which removed the emotional depth to their two big decisions.

All series spoilers
arya doesnt know about it either which is very influential in her decision to say her family is all dead and leave for braavos and for the thought process she has while she is there

Mush

Oh my. First time posting in a GOT thread, never thought it'd be this... heated.

Then again, this is NeoGAF.

Just finished S2 a week ago, finally starting to get to grips with all the familes/factions/alliances etc despite having not read the source material.

Lothar

Banned
the halfhand story was kind of sloppily executed and quite a letdown, but I loved aryas and tywins scenes in harrenhal, these might even be my favourite scenes in the whole show, yet. but they're also both easily the best actors in the cast, so no surprise there. I have trust in benioff and weiss that they will straighten out aryas character in season 3, that her character was destroyed is ridicoulusly exagerrated.

I hope and expect them to straighten out her character this season. But even if they do, I'll still maintain that Harranhal was largely a waste of time and did nothing positive for either Arya or Tywin's characters. I think people who only watch the TV show should be liking Arya way more than they do. She should be talked about like Tyrion or Dany is being talked about, and be everyone's favorite or second favorite character, like she is for people that read the books. I'm not getting that that's the case. Which is understandable since she barely did anything in the second half of S2.

Pkaz01

I hope and expect them to straighten out her character this season. But even if they do, I'll still maintain that Harranhal was largely a waste of time and did nothing positive for either Arya or Tywin's characters. I think people who only watch the TV show should be liking Arya way more than they do. She should be talked about like Tyrion or Dany is being talked about, and be everyone's favorite or second favorite character, like she is for people that read the books. I'm not getting that that's the case. Which is understandable since she barely did anything in the second half of S2.
I agree with everything you said. She is well like but no one thinks of her as a main character. In the book arya was not only top 3 in terms of favorite character people really looked forward to her chapters and anticipated them. In the show people enjoy watching her but if her scene doesnt show up in an episode no one will notice like if dany and tyrion took an absence. Something that would never happen in the book

The butchering of the House of the Undying is the biggest reason I had issues with season 2. That, and not including Renly's peach.

The lack of Renly's peach made me sad :(

I am usually pretty easy to please, but that was pretty damned important, would have been so easy to include.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom