• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *Tagged Book Spoilers, Please Read OP* |OT| Season 3 - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
I really hate what I've seen of Daario so far, though.
Mind you, I don't have any casting suggestions or anything, so disregard my comment as you please, but ugh.

He looks like a cocky jerk, so there's that. I wish they let him have his beard, but I assume they really want to do a [ASOS][speculation]
Edward/Jacob, Gale/Peeta thing with Daario/Mormont
and so they need someone traditionally handsome. Otherwise how are they gonna sell Team Daario shirts?

Zios

Banned
For some reason I went through that chart of all the cast members and mentally X'ed out all the people that die. First damn thing I did.

CorvoSol

I was never a supporter of team Stannis until the show. I mean, technically I still want Dany to win it, but in the meantime Stannis is where it is at.

I was never a supporter of team Stannis until the show. I mean, technically I still want Dany to win it, but in the meantime Stannis is where it is at.

Yeah Dillane's performance sold me on Stannis in a way that didn't really happen in the books, especially during Blackwater.

"Hundreds will die."
"Thousands."
60e1b28b_hundreds-will-die.jpeg

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
great OP, can barely wait

never read the books, but the show is fantastic; I am pretty much a Stannis/Stephen Dillane fanboy. And I'd pay big money to ram some into Emilia Clarke's

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'll miss the premiere cause I'll be away on vacation! </firstworldproblem>

Enjoy the premiere folks. I'm off for two weeks and I'll catch up with all my elitist, purist griping. :D

Helmholtz

This has totally reminded me of the fail that was the Mountain's recasting. They at least could have given this guy some extra thick padding and armor to compensate. He looks so weak without a barrel chest and zero bulk on his shoulder. Horrible.
Yeah. The guy playing the Mountain in season 1 was absolutely perfect for the role. At least it's not a major major character though.

Xamdou

Talked to a Comcast rep to ask about any HBO deals, and ended up getting HBO + Starz free for three months! I am so ready for the Season 3 premier on Sunday!!!!

Madness

Some asshole spoiled something huge for me on YouTube. If I hadn't been watching and refreshing my memory of season two, some of the names would have gone over my head.

I'm just hoping what was spoiled for me, doesn't happen this season or something. I bought all the books but didn't want to read them yet.

Can't wait for season 3 though.

Chris R

Either read the books to catch up or get off the internet. People love being dicks when it comes to spoilers :|

edit: or just be prepared to come across spoilers where you might not expect them :| I try to not spoil anything outside of the all spoilers allowed thread.

Guess it's time to get HBO again. Can't wait for this. Perfect timing now that Walking Dead will be gone from my Sunday nights.

Hamlet

Pretty nice OT and hyped up for season 3 can't wait to see all the new characters especially Ciarán Hinds as I loved him in Rome

Snake

You did us all proud, Steely.

As is stands, my body could not be more ready for Season 3. On the superficial side of things, I'm nominating Nathalie Emmanuel for hottest cast addition.

EktorPR

Good work on the OP!

Been counting down the days for next Sunday's premiere ever since last season ended. Bring on the Ice and Fiyah! :D

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Some asshole spoiled something huge for me on YouTube. If I hadn't been watching and refreshing my memory of season two, some of the names would have gone over my head.

I'm just hoping what was spoiled for me, doesn't happen this season or something. I bought all the books but didn't want to read them yet.

What was it? You can pm me if you want. Just curious.

you are in the wrong thread

Zeliard

I keep telling myself I'm going to go through the books before the next season starts, and it never seems to happen.

One of these days. This summer, maybe. Really, this time.

Edit: oh right, spoiler and non-spoiler threads again. Bye nerds. :>

I'm completely fine with what the show has done with the show to be honest.

I "read" the books (yay audio books) so I already have experienced it in its best form, now its just nice to sit back and see how the show spins it. And while its been a bit of a let down due to stuff left out or changed its still more entertaining then 99.9% of shit on TV.

On top of that just watching people or hearing them see or find out shit you already know about is SOOOOO worth it!
How many people are on the edge of their seats biting their tongue for the
red wedding
episode! I cant wait to see my wifes expression or watch my Facebook erupt when it hits lol.

Jaw drop moment #2 I CAN NOT wait for
Catlyn and the "She cant talk, you cut to deep when you slit her throat" scene!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom