• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you could erase from memory to experience again

World of Warcraft - I still remember first seeing it on my friends PC, watching people on mounts run around in org during classic. Mind blowing experience

Halo 3 - Was my first true next gen game, playing it at the neighbors house and just seeing the amount of fun you could have with friends was peak online gaming for me. Coming from PS3 where all I had was resistance 1, the different was night and day

MGS 2 - I didn't know what to expect when I played it first time and I wish I could go in fresh again to experience it once again

Thief 2 - My favorite atmosphere in any game I've ever played

Pejo

Final Fantasy VII, but only if it's 1998. I still remember leaving Midgar and the sense of awe that there was a whole natural world outside of this huge city.

junguler

Banned
contra hard corps
ac iv black flag
max payne
witcher 3
magicka
plants vs zombies
hotline miami
red dead redemption
cod 4 modern warfare
bioshock

First answer instinctively comes to my mind is Gta San Andreas

Imagine what I felt when experiencing that marvel as a - iirc - 13 years old
The biggest and most ambitious game I played til then, I was literally amazed and left me speechless to experience such a content quantity and quality
Oh, and RE4 of course, I was almost crying in joy to see how awesome it was, even I I didn't know of the black lines at the top and bottom of the screen and that was a little disappointing at First
I eventually got used to them, but hardly liked them

I don't really see the point. I enjoy replaying games no differently than when I first played them. It's why I get nostalgic about playing certain games because I know the feelings and experiences associated with them. Usually enough time has passed since last playing them to replaying them again anyway and if not I just play something else (and there are plenty games in my backlog).

Sugarmonkey

1. Deus Ex
2. Half Life Series
3. Tony Hawk Pro Skater
4. Dying Light
5. Oblivion
6. Skyrim
7. Silent Hill 1 & 2
8. S.TA.L.K.E.R 1

Last edited:

Fake

1 - Bloodborne
2 - Bloody Baron entire quest Witcher 3
3 - Maroja's Mask
4 - Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Last edited:
1 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2 - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
3 - Assassin's Creed 2
4 - Red Dead Redemption
5 - Red Dead Redemption 2
6 - Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic
7 - Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic 2

Shifty1897

Nier Automata is the only one from this decade. I remember ranting about that game for months to anybody that would listen.

Diddy X

I would erase all my videogame memories and my first experience with them would be

Super Mario 64, OoT and Gears of War

Holy shit, that would be magic

Would say Nier Automata but everytime I play it I seem to find something new so, nothing? Maybe except Hellblade, would love re-experience newly that each time I played!

Handel

Easiest way to answer would just be to list your top 3 favorite games ever, but some games are more defined by a few pivotal moments then others, so while Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all time I wouldn't put it top 3.

1. Ico : This game's last hour or so, starting at the bridge scene, is transcendent in it's gameplay-story integration. It changed the way I viewed video game storytelling, and left me in a dazed state just replaying "You Were There" and "Castle in the Mist" for a long time after beating it.

2. The Last Guardian : Replaying this fresh would be like reuniting with a best friend you never knew you had, only to lose them again. It would still hurt at the end when you have to part, but the incredible journey would make it all worth it.

3. Okami : For me while there's tons of enjoyable moments throughout this game, it is one that absolutely needed to nail it's ending to be a masterpiece, which it delivered on completely. The spiritball-esque cutscene during the final boss is my favorite cutscene in all of gaming, and it encapsulated everything that was endearing about the game up to that point. A rollercoaster of emotions ending on a howl of hope, as the sun goddess rises :

Last edited:

Kumomeme

FFVII
Persona 3
FFXIV Heavensward and Shadowbringers
Xenoblade chronicles
Dragon's dogma ( not for the story, but the first time gameplay experience in there)
The Last Story

1. Ace Attorney Trilogy (because otherwise I would have to list all three games) - I replay the first three games every 2-3 years to try to forget details, but it is all engrained at this point like a lot of people memorize Monty Python or MST3k. I would love to explore that charming Japanifornia again for the first time.

2. Metal Gear Solid - All the little moments like looking for fun Codec conversations or figuring out the keycards can't be repeated. Those moments were what defined the game for me.

3. Persona 3 - The story is all about how a journey can never be repeated, and the most should be made of it - Memento Mori. Going through it again can never have the same impact, and the sudden realization of the ending is my favorite moment in a video game.

i played resident evil 2 on ps1 so much back in the day. I wish I never played it so I could really experience it on current consoles.

Codes 208

Halo
Pokemon gen 1-3
Zelda OoT/MM
Gears of war
Dark Souls III/bloodborne
Cod 4
Dead space
Mass effect 2
Phantasy star universe
Sonic adventure 2

Last edited: