• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming characters who annoyed you or you hated?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
5B533021289AA90C200B6B276D68ED9F34E0B457

This guy
Looks like a generic Gears of War character 😂😂😂

Blindy

(Abby of TLOU2 is a given, so won't touch her but that's the last real character who I loathed)

The last character who really bothered me was Lara Croft in Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Never have I seen a more bloodlusted, more selfish indiviual in a game like Croft was in this. She was fine in TR2013 and Rise of Tomb Raider but her being so hellbent where Croft threw a true great friend like Jonah into peril in addition to putting the locals in danger for "revenge" was repulsive. The word "Stubbornness" would not do her justice on her overall character this game.

Last edited:

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Squall Leonhart, couldn't play the game cos of what a cunt he was.

StueyDuck

Honestly with modern gaming it's easier to list characters that aren't annoying.

But if we are talking a good game then that damn book in it takes two... that thing was just irritating every time it popped up

Also... Trevor 🤷‍♂️ he was my least favorite part of gta5.

A great character you are meant to hate though is Micah, rdr2

IAmRei

hqdefault.jpg

These jackasses. I don’t remember their names, but the girl gives you attitude after you literally saved her group’s asses.

If only you had the freedom to let them all die and still be able to complete the game.

Just about the entire cast of goofballs honestly.
I was thinking to play FC6, but seeing this makes me dont want to buy the game anymore...

(Abby of TLOU2 is a given, so won't touch her but that's the last real character who I loathed)

The last character who really bothered me was Lara Croft in Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Never have I seen a more bloodlusted, more selfish indiviual in a game like Croft was in this. She was fine in TR2013 and Rise of Tomb Raider but her being so hellbent where Croft threw a true great friend like Jonah into peril in addition to putting the locals in danger for "revenge" was repulsive. The word "Stubbornness" would not do her justice on her overall character this game.
considering it involved a pretty iconic game character, this is possibly the most unexpectedly disturbing opening section of a game I've ever played through. I was genuinely shocked by the callousness of it all. that anyone involved in the development of the game thought that this was a good idea amazes me...

Last edited:

CosmicComet

Delphine in Skyrim.

it’s like the secret service asking the president to nuke a country to prove he/she is the president despite already doing a dna, iris and fingerprint test.
Lol nice!

We both had her on the list.

The Blades are meant to be the Dragonborn's underlings even according to her, and then she bosses you around to make a tough choice or suddenly YOU are not part of the guild anymore, of which she is the only current member.

Lmao bitch I can literally shout you out of existence wtf.

Hudo

I have read through this whole thread now and Abby, Atreus and Aloy are the clear winners, it is not even close. Sony, maybe something to think about?
Sony: next God of War will have Atreus as the main character, The Last of Us Part III will have Abby as the main character.

RaduN

Vanille and Snow in FFXIII are painfully cliche to the point of being annoying and eye rolling.

Ellie, while not a bad character per se, is painfully badly written, especially in 2nd part.

The kid in the new GOW games (especially the most recent one) and the black little girl are, again, very badly handled by the writers. I mean, do these guys really can't see the shitty job they are doing? Do they really think they made some great character arc or something? It's almost amusing, though mostly eye rolling.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
The he/she/whatever tf the main character is in Life is Strange True Colors. The game literally ruined any respect I had for the serious with that forced narrative.

maxresdefault.jpg

If this annoying asshole could stop flapping his gums and shut the fuck up for more than a minute the game would be that much more enjoyable. I hate this fucking character so much that I no longer enjoy anything that Troy Baker does anymore because I have grown to hate his voice.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
-Abby death by snu snu, Gortuga the Destroyer Anderson Tiger Woods. Dislike her fore many reasons. If I had to put a hole in one of ND's mascots, it'd be this chick. The golf stuff. The terrible character arc where she's basically an actor put in the script of somebody's redemption Arc, but it didn't match up with her as a character - i.e. obsessive, violent, fixated, and selfish psychopathy. The fact that she retroactively ruins dub Trunks and Serah from FFXIII is just collateral.

-Wind Waker-styled Tingle. Aka, the one that's in every game but Majora's Mask. They take a quirky character that works because he's in a neurotic Groundhound Day with other people whose eccentricities are driving them insane quicker than the moon is falling. He functions because his nonsense is believable in a dark, sad way. That's the kind of awesome blending of themes portrayed by visuals and design in MM that get me excited. That sort of Brothers Grimm dark fantasy vibe. Come Wind Waker and beyond, he's just motherfucking Richard Simmons in a green jumpsuit rolling around making hentai noises. Fuck Tingle.

-Emma Emmerich. This character just feels icky. I get her storyline, and her contributions to the conclusion of the Patriots Saga, but holy shit, I wanted to (and did) punch her. You meet this chick in a locker pissing herself, then she tells you she's drugged after talking like she's on cocaine for twenty-five minutes about some straight up qanon bullshit, but nahhh I'm too tired and drugged, you have to drag me across this oil rig by the hand. Then there's this weird shipping thing Kojima tries to tease but realizes it's utterly retarded and stops with Rose being concerned her girlfriend Raiden is going to pork-plug Emma's flesh canyon instead of worrying he's going to get murdered by the military forces.

Like....the fuck? Is this chick supposed to be like 14? She's short and geeky. But she's like internet Jesus and everyone treats her like a grown ass woman. But nevermind, she gets stabbed on a buoy by a transexual Romanian Dancer who was cast as an extra in the rave scene in the Matrix. And then you have the incest Arc. Fucking just......uuuuuuaaaaabhhhhhhh

intbal

7goujH1.jpg

Also, Harley Quinn in Batman: The Enemy Within. Absolute worst version of that character (although I haven't played Suicide Squad).

I'd be easier for me to answer which video game characters didn't annoy me instead of the other way round. This Horizon Zero Dawn main character is up there, though.

One of the reasons I stopped playing Xenoblade Chronicles X was Tatsu. Absolutely unbearable little fucker.

Also, Navi. I've never liked Ocarina of Time but it would suck less if that annoying thing wasn't in there.

And Baby Mario in Yoshi's Island!

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Everyone in Uncharted 4 that talked to me when I just wanted to be left alone. I kept running away and hiding but they popped up next to me chatting shit.

Can I play a game without running commentary from some US centric scriptwriter bro.
One of the things I liked about these games.
Thats what people in real life do lol

Almost all the characters in Dying Light 2, including the character you play as.

Everyone treats me like shit, even after I help them. Most start off as unlikeable and very rarely redeem themselves. My character is a moron who gets sucker punched or ambushed or passes out in every other cutscene despite supposedly being some kind of experienced survivor. They put you in a situation where you're supposed to choose which faction to help but I disliked them all. I just went with whichever offered the more interesting rewards.

The writing and story telling in general was pretty bad. Even worse than the first game and that game didn't exactly shine in the writing department to begin with.

RaduN

maxresdefault.jpg

If this annoying asshole could stop flapping his gums and shut the fuck up for more than a minute the game would be that much more enjoyable. I hate this fucking character so much that I no longer enjoy anything that Troy Baker does anymore because I have grown to hate his voice.
Wha?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
7Ffm52q.png

This race swapped never do wrong girl boss
race swapping is one thing but she is just a big nothing burger.
She is calm and resolves her problems herself quickly. She gets what she want, she is the boss.,
She got no negative traits.
But mostly she is just boring. No emotions when she should be scared, nothing. a rock is just as emotional

Top Bottom