• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition |OT| Welcome back to the army, soldier

Montresor

I think the game glitched on me. I have a kill with every weapon. The only stat without a kill is Active Longshot. The only thing I can think of is that my one Boltok kill was when the opponent was downed when I shot them. It registered as a kill. Otherwise I have no idea what weapon it could be.

I had a win for every game mode on the War Journal statistics page (TDM, Warzone, Execution, KOTH, Assassination) and I didn't unlock the Mix It Up achievement. So I got another win in every game type and then the achievement popped.

I think sometimes the game's achievement tracker just misses some events. It missed one or more of my game type victories for Mix It Up. And it probably randomly missed at least one legitimate kill you made with one weapon. I doubt you made a mistake or that the opponent being downed matters at all.

Lima

I think the game glitched on me. I have a kill with every weapon. The only stat without a kill is Active Longshot. The only thing I can think of is that my one Boltok kill was when the opponent was downed when I shot them. It registered as a kill. Otherwise I have no idea what weapon it could be.

Did you down the enemy yourself? You can't just kill a person that was downed by someone else.

pizzacat

Banned
Downed kills =/= weapon kills to my knowledge (at least in gears 1 logic)

TMWNN35

Feels good to read all the Rooftops hate, its a fucking awful map. I've never had a good game on it.

Gold rush is a close 2nd.

Any help with the campaign mission "shoot the brumaks arms?"

I've died 20x so far. Playing on normal. Only time I have been stuck in the game. Dom dies instantly and when he dies there isn't much I can do.

If anyone has some tips it would be great...

Edit : ok just as I posted this I managed to do it on my next try...

Same thing happened to me. I've at least a couple kills with everything and the
achievements not popping. Must be a glitch, I hope they address it in the patch

pizzacat

Banned
Any help with the campaign mission "shoot the brumaks arms?"

I've died 20x so far. Playing on normal. Only time I have been stuck in the game. Dom dies instantly and when he dies there isn't much I can do.

If anyone has some tips it would be great...
Don't worry about Dom, look for an area with a corner but a piece of cover too and just shoot from there

Same thing happened to me. I've at least a couple kills with everything and the
achievements not popping. Must be a glitch, I hope they address it in the patch
I got it after the match that I got the kill in ended

This happened to me. The way I fixed it was. I would down someone, make sure I was pretty far away from them but still able to kill them and then shoot them with the desired gun. So the icon for the gun came up on the kill and not the execution sign.

RPS37

I beat the campaign for the first time today.

You could tell it was an older game, but they did a really good job with the remaster.

Cutscenes looked great

What difficulty? I'm bout to drop down from Hardcore to Normal cuz shit is just not fun.

shoreu

the maps are fine it's just that team death match didn't exist during their creation

On execution It would be just as bad it's too open and the power weapons can keep a team horribly locked down. Hell we could have held the top with shotguns and lancers alone honestly. (Courtyard)

Rooftops just has too many powerweapons and can be too campy. Once a team gets the upper hand it's almost impossible to get back in the game.

Montresor

Everything is clicking for me in this game. I'm doing a lot better in multiplayer, learning map layouts, power weapon locations, when to use gnash vs Lancer, etc...

Singe player campaign is just awesome. This is probably already one of my favourite games on XB1. The king is back.....

kingwingin

On execution It would be just as bad it's too open and the power weapons can keep a team horribly locked down. Hell we could have held the top with shotguns and lancers alone honestly. (Courtyard)

Rooftops just has too many powerweapons and can be too campy. Once a team gets the upper hand it's almost impossible to get back in the game.
execution doesn't have respawning.

What difficulty? I'm bout to drop down from Hardcore to Normal cuz shit is just not fun.

Where are you stuck?

I just went through the campaign on Hardcore.

Worst sections were Act 5(PC) in the theater and RAAM (yes I know there are a billion strategies for this guy, but try doing him solo and Dom can not use a torque bow at all).

Really though any section that forces Marcus & Dom to split up is pretty bad. The difficulty jump makes everything far too uneven.

Finally got my xbox one over the weekend and I haven't stopped playing gears. It's sooo nice to be be back playing it. Just a shame I have no mates to play online with anymore as they are all on ps4 now! The only thing that I find frustrating is it takes a while to get into a game sometimes. And it also feels like you are given way too many seconds waiting for a game. Like when the clock ticks down. Another thing is playing 60fps mp and going to campaign. Can be quite jarring. Other than that I'm loving it.

I can't kill the Brumak... Seriously so frustrated at it.
With the original I managed Raam but this is new to me but can't do it. The best ive managed is to shoot both arms and get t down to shot diver but I'm never quick enough.

Any tips? The cover never works for me in this fight

Why is it so hard to get some KOTH games going? I keep joining into partially filled lobbies that never fill up or take a really long time to.

I can't kill the Brumak... Seriously so frustrated at it.
With the original I managed Raam but this is new to me but can't do it. The best ive managed is to shoot both arms and get t down to shot diver but I'm never quick enough.

Any tips? The cover never works for me in this fight
I found that the pipe immediately on front of you, the one lying sideways, just stand behind it and shoot over it. Don't get onto cover just stand behind it and aim over the top.

Shoot both arms, an active clip should take the rider out too

Robot Pants

So looks like they got rid of the glow?
And changed the longshot sound? Not the original but way better than that wimpy pathetic one in 2 and 3.

I may get this game

Natiko

Banned
Really wish they'd get an update out to fix some of the issues. There's not a ton, and I really like what I've played so far but still.

Top Bottom