• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Get your insider status here! Pretend to know PS5 TFlops

Everyone else is doing it, why can't you do so as well?

But Musky_Cheese... I don't have any insider knowledge? So the fuck what! Most of them don't either, and that doesn't stop them now does it? So get your slice of insider pie

But Musky_Cheese, I do have insider knowledge? Sorry but you need to STFU, this isn't a thread for you. This thread is about pretending to know things just like other people on various blogs and sites. So you can see why real information doesn't fit in here. What you need is a real thread, this ain't it.

OK here we go

The PS5 will have
10 TFlops
but I can't say anything else or I'll get caught y'all

3ks3jt.jpg

Go! Because anyone can be a insider on the internet apparently
giphy.gif

Fbh

Who cares when you can play with the 457 TF of Stadia Pro + Ultimate with up to 16K resolutions*, up to 360fps* and negative input lag that goes bellow what's physically possible for your display to accomplish!!!!!*.
*Performance data based on the imagination of our engineers after some heavy drug usage. Actual performance might be closer to blurry and compressed 4k, 30fps with drops and noticeable input lag.

Wasn’t this a leak off of AMD’s documentation and testing of the chip, or something?

It’s anyone’s guess as to what these consoles could be, until the specs come out, but it sounds a great deal more credible than your average ‘leak’.
That may be true. But there are a ton of leaks and only 1 (or possibly none) can be true.

You got a guess... I mean insider knowledge you want to pass off.

Lanrutcon

It's kind of like those old contests where you need to guess the number of beans in the jar.

Except the jar is waiting to see how many beans another jar will have before committing, has to run any changes through 50 departments before it can adjust its beans, features a type of bean most people can't even identify as a bean, and is already planning to reveal a second jar with slightly more beans which may or may not be part of this particular contest.

And the jar is in Japan.

17,500,002 beans, I say.

It's kind of like those old contests where you need to guess the number of beans in the jar.

Except the jar is waiting to see how many beans another jar will have before committing, has to run any changes through 50 departments before it can adjust its beans, features a type of bean most people can't even identify as a bean, and is already planning to reveal a second jar with slightly more beans which may or may not be part of this particular contest.

And the jar is in Japan.

17,500,002 beans, I say.
Cryptic and overly unnecessary?

You are definitely a real insider

Dory16

Banned
Just the fact that this thread is still alive is an awful look for GAF. This is Playstation fans going off the cliff because Digital Foundry just did their job, a professional analysis of a leak like they have many times before. It happens in this case that the PS5 won't meet the specs that certain people have in their wet dreams, so they are allowed to come up with this shame of a thread. Note how it hasn't even been tagged as clickbait by the mods, although we have seen fact based and objective topics labelled so, just because they were focusing on Microsoft's promising strategy for next-gen. It's just getting sad now.

Just the fact that this thread is still alive is an awful look for GAF. This is Playstation fans going off the cliff because Digital Foundry just did their job, a professional analysis of a leak like they have many times before. It happens in this case that the PS5 won't meet the specs that certain people have in their wet dreams, so they are allowed to come up with this shame of a thread. Note how it hasn't even been tagged as clickbait by the mods, although we have seen fact based and objective topics labelled so, just because they were focusing on Microsoft's promising strategy for next-gen. It's just getting sad now.
What in the fudge are you talking about.

Shrap

My dad's brother's only brother's only son knows as his mother's mother's only grandson works at Sony Afghanistan. He said it'll be 5 times the power of the estimated specs divided by 5 minus the console's number plus 1 times 5.

Virex

Banned
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Console teraflops. The power is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the power will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also PlayStation and Xbox's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into it's teraflops- it's personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these teraflops, to realise that they're not just flops- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike PlayStation truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in PlayStation's existential catchphrase "we love big flops and we can not lie" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Mark Cerny's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a PlayStation tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for -Arcadia- -Arcadia- 's eyes only- and even then -Arcadia- -Arcadia- has to demonstrate that she's within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

Dory16

Banned
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Console teraflops. The power is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the power will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also PlayStation and Xbox's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into it's teraflops- it's personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these teraflops, to realise that they're not just flops- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike PlayStation truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in PlayStation's existential catchphrase "we love big flops and we can not lie" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Mark Cerny's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a PlayStation tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for -Arcadia- -Arcadia- 's eyes only- and even then -Arcadia- -Arcadia- has to demonstrate that she's within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎
You can't spell "personal" and you're boasting about your IQ? Are you related to Trump or is this the result of too much time in Sony's cult?

Entroyp

Sony will include all the hardware from previous Playstations to have perfect BC. The Cell will take care of any RT needed for future games and every CPU combined will yield 20 PFs and kick the emperor’s ass.. er MS’ ass so hard that the company will go broke a week after launch.

The official name will the the PlayStation Rey (King in my language). All generations live within the new PS and hardship and struggle are a thing of the past now.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sony will include all the hardware from previous Playstations to have perfect BC. The Cell will take care of any RT needed for future games and every CPU combined will yield 20 PFs and kick the emperor’s ass.. er MS’ ass so hard it the company will go broke a week after launch.

The official name will the the PlayStation Rey. All generations live within the new PS and hardship and struggle are a thing of the past now.

If it has the EE from the PS2, that is a vector unit dream for RT!

WHOO HOO! Shiny all things everything!

Or, maybe we, as gamers, are just sick of the same old shit. The media cums all over Microsoft whenever they say anything, yet Sony are always shit on for, what turn out to be lies most of the time.

Look at the start of this gen, before the reveals. Microsoft were going to change the world and Sony were so skint they would be forced to launch a wiiu powered console.

Microsoft will do a full hardware reveal alongside the first look at Forza Motorsport 8 (working title)

Sony are currently seeing how many dGPU’s they can cram inside the Eye Toy

Nintendo are deep into development of their next gen console, rumoured to be pushing Incredible resolutions as high as 900p :messenger_face_screaming:

A. Peenlollo told me Sony has licensed DX12 and power of the Cloud for PS5 making the power levels extraordinary.👑

SirNy said PS5 doesn't eat monsters for breakfast but their moms. 😏

Dickbeater analysed the design of the PS5 and apparently it rewrites console design so profoundly that it's practically a PC.💪

Top Bottom