• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Get your insider status here! Pretend to know PS5 TFlops

John Day

The PS5 houses 11tflops, comes with raytracing urv™️, anthropomorphic disturbance, atmos 10.03 and all the trimmings.
Am an an insider or what?

Journey

Banned
9.21 Gigawatts!

3ksvud.jpg

You heard it here first folks ✌

The reason the flops arent confirmed yet is because sony is using a new system called AMD Stadia. We'll know what the specs are with the new system but nor before.

Fbh

PS5 will have 9TF on one CPU, 12tf on one GPU and 6tf on each of two separate Cell CPGPU units so they can emulate XBOX BC and PS1,2,3,4 BC

You heard it here first folks

I checked with my sources and they say your info isn't quite up to date.
It's going to be the A17 CPU with 17tf and the A18 GPU with 18tf. Together they make up what they are calling the "Perfect Cell CPGPU".
They tell me that at one point they had a second GPU planned which was called the A16 but they kept running into thermal issues which could have made it explode, so they removed it.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
They are coming out in 2020, so they will have 20 Tflops. Everyone in my studio knows this and is programming 20 raytracings per ram dimm.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Over the past few months SONY is putting the PS5 on their backs however I always giggle at these speculation threads.

True or not? You decide.

PS5 - 52 CUs at 2.0Ghz | 16GB GDDR6 + 4GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD NVMe @ 4GB/s
XSX - 56 CUs at 1.68Ghz | 16GB GDDR6 | 1TB SSD NVMe @ 2GB/s

Banned
I may not be an insider but REMEMBER THIS POST... in the off chance I am 100% correct with this which of course will make me Internet-Famous and the cool kid in school :messenger_smirking::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Xbox Series S: RDNA - 5TF - 12GB GDDR6 -No Disc Drive - 299€/$
Xbox Series X: RDNA2 - 12TF - 16GB GDDR6 + 3GB DDR4 - UHD Drive - 549€/$
PS5: RDNA - 9.2TF - 16GB GDDR6 - UHD Drive - 499€/$
Switch+: Tegra X3 (or whatever...) - 1.2TF Docked/0.7TF Handheld - 6GB DDR4 - 279€/$ (Base Model will be Phased out)

if all of these are correct I expect to become the lead Insider on this site!

94d7305e4e778240f44aafa7ab_YyAxNDMyeDgwNSs5NisxMQJyZSAxOTIwIDEwODADNzk5NzVlODA0ZmE=.jpg

Last edited:

trikster40

I have a friend who knows someone that works at a McDonalds that Mark Cerny’s friend’s neighbor ate one night. He heard them say they’re skipping teraflops and going straight to 27.8 Exaflops.

I have a friend who knows someone that works at a McDonalds that Mark Cerny’s friend’s neighbor ate one night. He heard them say they’re skipping teraflops and going straight to 27.8 Exaflops.
The biggest mistake I made when creating this thread was focusing on TFlops and excluding A thru Z Flops

I am shame

I have a played a game on the playstation 5. It sucked ass. It had v skills to show off its flops and when the comp does well you can use v trigger to tap into the zen. My friend swears its true. His name was necall.... Something. But then the fucker put on a turban yelled ten points and did a spinning mixer and got the fuck out of town. Cheap bastard....

marquimvfs

It'll be 9,5Tflops, but not AMD flops, it's Sony flops. A Sony flop is equal to 2 Nvidia flops.
:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
I think the real mark of all the amateurs in this thread is that no one is talking about the real behind the scenes insider stuff that only I, the most exclusive and reliable of all insiders, have access to. The Playstation 5 actually doesn't exist, we're going right on forward with the Playstation 7 (Sony wanted to avoid all beef with Satan by calling it the Playstation 6, and Gran Turismo 5 was a critical and commercial bomb) and that it will actually have 7 flops. These don't translate exactly to Teraflops, because there's only 7 of them. It's part of their deal with Bungie for exclusive Destiny content that they put as many 7s in the Playstation as possible. There will also be 7 USB ports.

Last edited:

Nero_PR

Banned
I think the real mark of all the amateurs in this thread is that no one is talking about the real behind the scenes insider stuff that only I, the most exclusive and reliable of all insiders, have access to. The Playstation 5 actually doesn't exist, we're going right on forward with the Playstation 7 (Sony wanted to avoid all beef with Satan by calling it the Playstation 6, and Gran Turismo 5 was a critical and commercial bomb) and that it will actually have 7 flops. These don't translate exactly to Teraflops, because there's only 7 of them. It's part of their deal with Bungie for exclusive Destiny content that they put as many 7s in the Playstation as possible. There will also be 7 USB ports.
And only 7 games

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The PS5 houses 11tflops, comes with raytracing urv™️, anthropomorphic disturbance, atmos 10.03 and all the trimmings.
Am an an insider or what?
With your guess of 11TF, that's right in between the recent 9.2TF and 12-13TF some others are hoping for.

So when the actual TF count is revealed, your guess will automatically be more accurate than at least one of them.

And if it ends up at around 10.5 to 11.5, your guess will be more accurate than both.

If that happens, can we put all those so-called leakers in a grave and declare you the real insider?!?!

I checked with my sources and they say your info isn't quite up to date.
It's going to be the A17 CPU with 17tf and the A18 GPU with 18tf. Together they make up what they are calling the "Perfect Cell CPGPU".
They tell me that at one point they had a second GPU planned which was called the A16 but they kept running into thermal issues which could have made it explode, so they removed it.

I also heard that we would need not just a second job, but a third job to pay for it!

The PS5 will have the following config (insiders info)

GPU: memory space will be dedicated to the frame-buffer, graphics processing will be 100% done by the CPU ! it's more flexible that way
CPU: 233mhz AMD K6
Storage: an array of 1.44MB floppy drives, it's not decided how many yet, There will be a mid Gen refresh with a CD ROM, that will improve loading time a lot
RAM: 16MB (3 for the os)
So no TF for Sony !

The PS5 will have the following config (insiders info)

GPU: memory space will be dedicated to the frame-buffer, graphics processing will be 100% done by the CPU ! it's more flexible that way
CPU: 233mhz AMD K6
Storage: an array of 1.44MB floppy drives, it's not decided how many yet, There will be a mid Gen refresh with a CD ROM, that will improve loading time a lot
RAM: 16MB (3 for the os)
So no TF for Sony !

Come in now, everyone knows the CPU will be an overclocked MIPS R3000 processor with a new Emotion Engine 2.0 GPU! Also 1.44MB floppy drives are so old school, it will house a new 250MB Zip Drive which we all know is the future!

Ar¢tos

Come in now, everyone knows the CPU will be an overclocked MIPS R3000 processor with a new Emotion Engine 2.0 GPU! Also 1.44MB floppy drives are so old school, it will house a new 250MB Zip Drive which we all know is the future!
Imagine loading a game from a 250mb zip drive. I had a 100mb zip drive and everything took soooooo long to read from it (probably the limitation was the serial port connection, not the drive itself).

Last edited:
Maybe they did some tweaks since my leaks, I got them back in March last year, Serney himself told me that it wasn't set in stone yet! However I am mostly surprised for the change to a MIPS CPU, but that would be interesting to see, completely based off of the PS1 architecture, with double clock speeds, 4 times the memory and read-write zip drives! Highlight features could be:

- Perspective correct textures on polygons
- More games tunning in the high resolution mode
- Less reliance on dithering
Maybe they could manage to put in some kind of texture filtering a la N64 too!

That would be amazing

Rayderism

PS5 will only have ~9 turdplops, but the Pro version released 2-4 years later will have upwards of 14 or more turdplops.

So unless MS releases 2 or 3 faster revisions, like they did this gen, Sony will have more TP's by the end of the gen.

GustavoLT

just played first 30min of "God of War II - Masters of Hammering", running 8K 60fps! it´s only using half of available tflops...

Last edited:
just played first 30min of "God of War II - Masters of Hammering", running 8K 60fps! it´s only using half of available tflops...
I have it on good authority that the Xbox One actualy had a secret GPU that only Don Mattrick had the secret code to unlock, unfortunately he lost it, so they fired him and gave the control to Phil... so this is why MS had to release a separate Xbox one X! Can you imagine the trouble it caused them?

Trimesh

Banned
9.2TF BUT Xbox only has 9.6TF with a option to "unlock" an extra 3TF for 100 bucks to make it the first hardware DLC.

IBM beat them to that by decades - on the Z-series machines you would typically have 32 physical CPUs per frame, but they would only enable as many as you were paying for - so if you ordered an "8 CPU" system they shipped a machine with a single CPU frame but with 24 of the CPUs disabled. If you needed more processing capability later you could pay for the extra CPUs then they generated a license for them, connected to the machine over the management interface and turned them on. You didn't even have to reboot the system.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
IBM beat them to that by decades - on the Z-series machines you would typically have 32 physical CPUs per frame, but they would only enable as many as you were paying for - so if you ordered an "8 CPU" system they shipped a machine with a single CPU frame but with 24 of the CPUs disabled. If you needed more processing capability later you could pay for the extra CPUs then they generated a license for them, connected to the machine over the management interface and turned them on. You didn't even have to reboot the system.
Sounds like the batteries in a Tesla.

All Tesla's in a model have the same battery but the software unlocks shorter or longer range depending which battery you paid for.

I have two friends that work at Naughty Dog and they told me that the PS5 is so fast that it turned their walking simulators into running simulators. This is a huge problem for them as it ruins the cinematic vision for their games. From what I understand they are working on a way to limit the next gen blast processing with some software algorithms so they keep that 30fps feel.

Also coding to the metal, and tons of secret sauce spread all over the internal components.

Oh my...that was good.

Dane

THIS IS THE MOST TRUSTABLE LEAK

CPU: Pentium III 1.4 GHZ Tualatin
RAM: 69MB unified
GPU: S3 Savage 3 16MB 0.005 Tflops
Audio Video Port: RF Modulator
Storage: Zip Drives
Disc Drive: 0,52x Blu Ray
Max Resolution: Yes

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
My insider source says one of them will be 13.6TFLOPS 😜
Laugh now, but you'll see

Top Bottom