• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima Director' Cut - Reviews

The game basically got praise from aesthetic alone. I see cut corners everywhere. All the cutscenes are basically talking, the ones that aint they make pitch black. Facial animation is the worst I seen on any exclusive. This is some days gone, Samurai Edition.

This is so wack. I expected waves crushing into rocks. So anti-climatic. Instead, we get some PS3 level of interactivity.

Oh yeah I noticed this as well. Everything seems below average of other AA games in this one, maybe because a mall team of 5 people worked on it? I don't know exact number don't quote me on that. There has to be some explanation for so much corner cutting.

Kerotan

Am I imagining things or does this look a good bit better on ps5? I'm blown away by the graphics. Also constant goose bumps so far in the story. It's so much more emotional when you realise where everything will be going.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Am I imagining things or does this look a good bit better on ps5? I'm blown away by the graphics. Also constant goose bumps so far in the story. It's so much more emotional when you realise where everything will be going.
Yes they improved particle effects and a bit of lighting, also 60fps. Not sure if they did something with the draw distance though.
The game was a looker on PS4 already and PS5 tops it.

Last edited:

Kerotan

Yes they improved particle effects and a bit of lighting, also 60fps. Not sure if they did something with the draw distance though.
The game was a looker on PS4 already and PS5 tops it.
It's incredible. Just one of the best games out there and also one of the best looking. A must play.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It's incredible. Just one of the best games out there and also one of the best looking. A must play.

I wish I could have gotten into the game myself. Does it start off slow or something? I played the game for about 2-3 hours and just couldn't get into it.

jaysius

Banned
Is the content of the DLC worth $26+ tax CND? I enjoyed the original game ok, I wasn't really bothered to do all the side quests and I "only" have a PS4 Pro.

cHaOs667

Oh yeah I noticed this as well. Everything seems below average of other AA games in this one, maybe because a mall team of 5 people worked on it? I don't know exact number don't quote me on that. There has to be some explanation for so much corner cutting.
Yeah, that's something I noticed as well. Not while I was playing, but when I was watching videos of other players. Sometimes the game, like in the shown YouTube clip, looks like a PS3/360 era title. The rain, coastal water effect, the 20fps animation of the water etc.

While playing, this did not bother me, but It was instantly on my mind when I was watching this video. Look around 01:15 and watch the water animation in the background...

Kerotan

I wish I could have gotten into the game myself. Does it start off slow or something? I played the game for about 2-3 hours and just couldn't get into it.
Slow enough but when you've completed the story the slow part means so much more when you do a new game plus.

Top Bottom