• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned
There's a door at my place of work

when they open it, it sounds like a dolphin

ec8.gif

I've been in a DMC mood recently and stumbled across Bradley May Cry, should I watch the series? At the start Brad and Vinny mention possibly going through all three games on the collection but I know they only did the first, was it because they were super down on the game? I wouldn't want to watch if it just turns into a big bummer.

Jintor

i actively dread subscriber only content because that means it doesn't go up on youtube which means it fucking hitches every five seconds for whatever god damn fucking reason

Xater

i actively dread subscriber only content because that means it doesn't go up on youtube which means it fucking hitches every five seconds for whatever god damn fucking reason

That only happens to me when I use the Video Buddy to watch with my Chromecast.

oti

Banned

I use my Amazon TV and Kodi for Premium stuff. It's great!

popo

Though since I'm already here: what do I do all day GOD.

I don't get it. Why are you asking God? Is it 'cause some people where saying "God knows' what Brad does all day"? I think that is just a saying, not meant to be taken lterally.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Just use the download option and it should play through your browser's built in player.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ha, I think they thought Jason was exaggerating when he said the SFV change log is 92 pages, but it literally is.

Zaph

Xcom's sword is trash yo.

Dishonored 2, Dying Light: The following, TMS, Twilight Princess, Hyper Light Drifter, Superhot, Furi, Monster Hunter Generations, Overwatch, Shadow Warrior 2, Titanfall 2, all vastly better swords.

Nah.

Some good RNG on Ranger's sword chain Reaper skill carried me through the later parts of Xcome2. Those other games had good swords, but none of them could pull off clutch moves like the Ranger's. Godlike.

Mupod

Yeah that PC launch was a shame, especially since it was an exclusive.

Tbh though, the framerate issues were not as serious in this specific case for me because it's a turn based game. I still have it on my top 10 this year.

Ironically, the first XCOM was the biggest landslide GOTY victory in Giantbomb history. I think the GOTY discussion that year was about 5 minutes.

I legitimately did not understand the performance complaints at all. I have a friend who, to this day, still plays modern new releases on a PC that was budget-tier in 2010. His GPU is a god damned radeon 5770. He played through XCOM 2 just fine. I ran it on max with a 970, a CPU from 2011 and a bit of tweaking. I think there are just a lot of people who jumped to PC from consoles and get indignant about having to turn a setting or two down, or god forbid overclock the K-series CPU they paid extra for.

I didn't encounter bugginess until the final mission, which actually did start to come apart at the seams graphically until I restarted the game. I guess that was about 30 seconds of inconvenience. If that's enough for it to even be considered for 'hottest mess' then that's just crazy to me.

I legitimately did not understand the performance complaints at all. I have a friend who, to this day, still plays modern new releases on a PC that was budget-tier in 2010. His GPU is a god damned radeon 5770. He played through XCOM 2 just fine. I ran it on max with a 970, a CPU from 2011 and a bit of tweaking. I think there are just a lot of people who jumped to PC from consoles and get indignant about having to turn a setting or two down, or god forbid overclock the K-series CPU they paid extra for.

I didn't encounter bugginess until the final mission, which actually did start to come apart at the seams graphically until I restarted the game. I guess that was about 30 seconds of inconvenience. If that's enough for it to even be considered for 'hottest mess' then that's just crazy to me.

It ran like total dogshit for me on a 980. The final mission was completely broken, but it had been a mess up until that point, with some turns taking forever to process and framerate just being shit. Lots of people had a bad experience, just because you didn't doesn't invalidate those people. It's one of the poorest major PC-only releases I've ever played from a technical perspective.

Just out of curiosity, did you actually play SF5, or do you play fighting games in general?

The game obviously had problems at first, but even then it was mostly things that were peripheral to actually playing the game. The actual game is pretty great, the net code is the best I've ever seen in a fighting game by a huge margin, the cast of characters is awesome so far, the tournament scene seems healthy.

It's been really weird watching parts of GAF treat SF5 like a dumpster fire all year while I've just been quietly enjoying it.

I play fighting games in general. The core fighting in SF5 is fantastic. Maybe I just bounced off the game too fast and need to go back and give it another chance, but I feel like there is no way that the Bomb crew doesn't nominate SF5 for most disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom