• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dineren

Banned
I couldn't disagree more with Jeff on Mario Run. I love its unique twist on the standard Mario formula, and I think it's a great value for the money. It really does feel like a quality Nintendo game that you can play in very short bursts.

I think playing hours of super hard Mario Maker levels may have altered Jeff's and Dan's expectations for 2D Mario. I skipped out on Mario Maker, and every NSMB game as well, for what it's worth.

There are things he talks about that I agree with (I don't particularly like the automatic jumping over enemies especially), but I've had a lot of fun collecting the coins. The controls feel great and it requires a decent amount of skill to collect them all. I also like the design of most of the levels, though I wouldn't mind them being longer.

I agree with the complaints about the Toad Rally penalties though. I like the mode for the most part, but the penalty for losing sucks and having multiple bad runs can be infuriating.

daveo42

Banned
I mean, they've gotten pretty much no where since Austin left. The Dan move just means that GBEast will become the primary source for new #content as West continues to shrink. Eventually it will just be Jeff doing jar time and old game streams on Beam.

Dineren

Banned
I mean, they've gotten pretty much no where since Austin left. The Dan move just means that GBEast will become the primary source for new #content as West continues to shrink. Eventually it will just be Jeff doing jar time and old game streams on Beam.

I just added a few years to my subscription.

Jintor

The only thing about Super Mario run I'm not so hot on is auto vaulting over enemies.

I feel like that should be a power up or something

Curufinwe

I think GB West will add a new staff member next year, and they will not have a penis.

J_Viper

but who gets Demo Derby?

Meneses

Mary would definitely be awesome and fits the "a different voice but at the same time able to mesh well with the rest" description.

If I'd only seen Mary on Gamespot stuff I would be so opposed to her joining Giant Bomb. The times she has been with the GB folks though she seems far less stiff and is super fun. The Avalon segment of the BLLSL is still one of my favorite pieces of content on the site.

LiK

Mary or Peter joining would be awesome but it would be a major hit for Gamespot. Not sure if they'll do that to GS, tbh.

kingocfs

Who was that girl who worked at GS and was on the podcast a few months back? Despite her love for anime I thought she was great on the Bombcast. What is she up to?

Mary or Peter joining would be awesome but it would be a major hit for Gamespot. Not sure if they'll do that to GS, tbh.

Not really, in my opinion. Gamespot never really seems to rely on on screen talent all that much. In my experience with them, there are very few people you can put a face to, Mary being one of them (Danny was one). There seems to be such a rotating door of people there. Giant Bomb is the personality based video game site at CBS.

Who was that girl who worked at GS and was on the podcast a few months back? Despite her love for anime I thought she was great on the Bombcast. What is she up to?

Alexa Rey Correia. She left GameSpot for VRV, who owns Crunchyroll.

Meneses

Alexa Ray Correia, she left GS for another job but I forgot what it is.

Regarding Peter, he seemed cool whenever I saw him but I get the feeling he's a bit too chill for Giant Bomb's "louder" style.

LiK

Please not Peter no

Peter is great and he plays a ton of RPGs.

Not really, in my opinion. Gamespot never really seems to rely on on screen talent all that much. In my experience with them, there are very few people you can put a face to, Mary being one of them (Danny was one). There seems to be such a rotating door of people there. Giant Bomb is the personality based video game site at CBS.

Oh, I mean for production, of course. Right now, Mary does a bulk of the video production and Peter does the majority of the reviews from what I gather. So GS would be running on fumes without either one.

Alexa Ray Correia, she left GS for another job but I forgot what it is.

Regarding Peter, he seemed cool whenever I saw him but I get the feeling he's a bit too chill for Giant Bomb's "louder" style.

I think he'd be a good addition. Apparently his knowledge of video game history is on par with Jeff's.

Peter is great and he plays a ton of RPGs.
Oh, I mean for production, of course. Right now, Mary does a bulk of the video production and Peter does the majority of the reviews from what I gather. So GS would be running on fumes without either one.

Ah. I wonder what their numbers are for stuff like that. I remember Danny saying along the lines of Giant Bomb videos destroying GameSpot videos in terms of viewership numbers.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Production and editing is a revolving door and heavily competitive.

How some people just manage to luck out with sub par talent or know how, is beyond to me.

Yes, I am bitter. At least my sister who is at USC, gets the good internships. She's been already at NBC for specifically that sort of role.

J_Viper

yes because the battle for diversity starts and ends at giant bombs hires LOL

The advancement and safety of minorities in this country lie in the hands of one man

2888738-kindafunny_breakout_hotpepper_gs.jpg

neshcom

Banned
Er... hey guys, how 'bout that content drought, amirite?!?!

Honestly, I don't know if it's in response to this thread or we just got caught in a slow week, but I feel like there's been a lot more stuff the past 2-3 weeks.

Or maybe I'm just noticing it more. If it doesn't go on YouTube, I usually miss it for a day or so.

Strax

Production and editing is a revolving door and heavily competitive.

How some people just manage to luck out with sub par talent or know how, is beyond to me.

Yes, I am bitter. At least my sister who is at USC, gets the good internships. She's been already at NBC for specifically that sort of role.

From the people I know in the US in production it seems to me the mistake people make is moving to Cali/NY with big dreams the moment they graduate. By their accounts its better to start in small-ish city (200,000 - 600,000 range) because production companies there are always losing their best talent to Cali/NY so they staff up more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom