• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingocfs

Not really, in my opinion. Gamespot never really seems to rely on on screen talent all that much. In my experience with them, there are very few people you can put a face to, Mary being one of them (Danny was one). There seems to be such a rotating door of people there. Giant Bomb is the personality based video game site at CBS.

Alexa Rey Correia. She left GameSpot for VRV, who owns Crunchyroll.

Alexa Ray Correia, she left GS for another job but I forgot what it is.

Regarding Peter, he seemed cool whenever I saw him but I get the feeling he's a bit too chill for Giant Bomb's "louder" style.

Thanks! I probably could have guessed she works there now even with what little I know of her.

Easiest add for GB and the all seeing eye, even tho that means that Gamespot is one person closer to getting shuttered.

No. I think it would be Gamespot continuing (in my mind) their trajectory of becoming a more faceless video game site that relies on quick, cheap, top-10 list videos, click-bait, etc. They will be fine, as main stream people eat that stuff up.

Meneses

Honestly, I don't know if it's in response to this thread or we just got caught in a slow week, but I feel like there's been a lot more stuff the past 2-3 weeks.

Or maybe I'm just noticing it more. If it doesn't go on YouTube, I usually miss it for a day or so.

In all seriousness, this time of year it's understandable to see content gaps because they're spending so much time recording Game of the Year podcasts + videos + writing + editing +etc. Since they wrapped (most of) it up recently, they have time to do other stuff again.

Except Brad, what the hell does he even DO?!
:p love you, rudds.

I think the main issue is the uneven-ness (I don't know if this is a word) throughout the year, especially regarding Premium and would-be-regular features.

daveo42

Banned
No. I think it would be Gamespot continuing (in my mind) their trajectory of becoming a more faceless video game site that relies on quick, cheap, top-10 list videos, click-bait, etc. They will be fine, as main stream people eat that stuff up.

True, tho absolutely insane thinking of what Gamespot was in the past. Really fucking crazy.

That segment convinced me that Mary and Danny are legit sociopaths. Just ice cold liars.

That's what it takes to play the game tho. Social deduction games are great when you're the bad guy, cause you have all the info and get to manipulate people into thinking you're one of the good guys.

I also get shit from people when they trust me in games like Avalon and Resistance, only to find out I was a bad guy the entire time.

Roboculus

Why is everyone mentioning Mary Kish as a potential hire? What makes you guys think she wants to leave Gamespot? Also isn't Mary more of a video producer? They already have Drew and Jason to fill that role in the GB West office.

As for when a new hire could arrive, unless they already have someone in mind (like with Dan), then it's probably gonna be a while. Remember that it took almost 6 months to hire Austin after Patrick left.

Why is everyone mentioning Mary Kish as a potential hire? What makes you guys think she wants to leave Gamespot? Also isn't Mary more of a video producer? They already have Drew and Jason to fill that role in the GB West office.

As for when a new hire could arrive, unless they already have someone in mind (like with Dan), then it's probably gonna be a while. Remember that it took almost 6 months to hire Austin after Patrick left.

Yeah

Even though Gamespots going through some 'transitions', I don't see her leaving it unless she strikes a deal with Cnet where it's like 'Oh I'm just transferring positions'.

Although wasn't one of the listings that GB had for video producer that made us think Vinny was leaving?

popo

True, tho absolutely insane thinking of what Gamespot was in the past. Really fucking crazy.

The fans that visited GameSpot in those days have moved on just like the staff have. The new GS target audience are the same kids who comment "45 minutes isn't a QUICK look!" on YouTube.

J_Viper

Real talk, I don't think I have visited Gamespot since, like, 2012 or 13.

IF YOU REMEMBER THIS
pW3oQ3F.png

YOUR CHILDHOOD WAS AWESOME

i miss this

Yeah

Even though Gamespots going through some 'transitions', I don't see her leaving it unless she strikes a deal with Cnet where it's like 'Oh I'm just transferring positions'.

Although wasn't one of the listings that GB had for video producer that made us think Vinny was leaving?

And going by the way things are worded about GBEast in 2017, I'd say that's definitely not happening. Here's some baseless speculation: What if Drew is leaving to become a full-time pilot? Have fun with that ;p

In all honesty, I think if they're hiring a video person the hire will for GBEast to help out so Vinny isn't being overworked.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Time for Vinny to teach Alex some video production. I'm sure there's some "Video Producer Simulator" game that they can squeeze a bad review out of at the same time.

strafer

Time for Vinny to teach Alex some video production. I'm sure there's some "Video Producer Simulator" game that they can squeeze a bad review out of at the same time.

If they let Alex be in charge there will be a bunch of Nicolas Cages in every video.

Just noticed that Brad looks at Jeff the vast majority of time when he is talking on the bombcast. Even when responding to someone on the other side of the table. He will look at them at first and then go back to Jeff while finishing his thought.

Tubobutts

Just noticed that Brad looks at Jeff the vast majority of time when he is talking on the bombcast. Even when responding to someone on the other side of the table. He will look at them at first and then go back to Jeff while finishing his thought.
Maybe that's what Brad does all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom