• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
It's been a week or so now since I finished it but I'm still thinking about it. It definitely leaves an impact because of how well realized the world and Trico is. Everything about it save for the camera, controls and framerate is great.

In other words I should just watch it on YouTube? Serious question.

Jintor

There are some really great turns of phrase in some of these GOTY lists

Vinny on Hitman:

It's like everyone lives in world where everyone is honest, and you're the only person that would dare tell a lie.

Austin on Hitman:

The “one block RPG” stopped appealing to me when I realized that my presence would “mess it up” in the same what that my dissonant play in Watch Dogs 2 or Deus Ex: Mandkind Divided breaks the illusion of those worlds. But in Hitman, success comes from playing along with the simulation just long enough before finally pulling the rug out from everything. In Hitman, you’re that bad feeling in the air. You’re the glitch in the Matrix.

In Hitman, you’re not the one, special gear in an intricately designed clockwork world. You’re the wrench.

Alx Preston on Doom:

I don't think I'm alone in saying I didn't expect much out of this game. Considering it was in development for years, went through an entire reboot, and was made by a team without John Carmack and plenty of the other id crew, Doom had a huge wall of doubt to climb.

Instead, it super-punched through that wall--blood, hundreds of bones and buckets of guts flying in every direction--then turned around and said “Fuck you, wall” and put a cigarette out on it.

Drew on Titanfall:

Titanfall 2 is dinner at a fancy restaurant. Every time you think “you know, I could really use a--” it is placed in front of you for you to devour. And it’s delicious. Just when you think you’re full of the wall-running étouffée, a heaping plate of lock-on missile alfredo slides right in. I never even touched the multiplayer (too spicy), but I left satisfied nonetheless.

oti

Banned
rzbmLAq.gif

well

I guess I don't have to write this because they already did

This is how that shipping thing starts.

Hitman

also Giant Bomb #26 | New Year, Old Dan

I'm hoping your avatar by the end is just an entire mouth with another face inside it.

Got kept on as a permanent Costco employee. :)

Was one of the 6 out of 38 seasonals to be kept on.

Awesooommeee. Congrats! Must of felt scary for abit there.

In other words I should just watch it on YouTube? Serious question.

I'd say no because the experience you get from experiencing the game itself as the relationship builds up is way more effective when you're in control rather than watching someone else play it. For example, I pet the shit out of Trico. Almost every minute or two I climbed up to his head and pet him because I felt like it.

At 3:35:34 in Happy New Gears, Brad lets out an extremely gif-able "god fucking dammit."

I laughed and laughed. This game seems like a huge pain in the ass.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Really though, looking at my top games for both 2015 to 2016. There's a real through line between undertale and the last guardian.

Not that there can't be games about murking fools, but it would be nice if games about empathy and compassion become more commonplace.

oti

Banned
Really though, looking at my top games for both 2015 to 2016. There's a real through line between undertale and the last guardian.

Not that there can't be games about murking fools, but it would be nice if games about empathy and compassion become more commonplace.
The world isn't ready for a Waluigi game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Mei is an environmental scientist who just wants to make the world a better place. And sometimes that involves embedding an ice spike into somebody's brain.

Catvoca

Banned

You gotta play Stardew Valley if you haven't already.

LiK

HAHAHA, just finished the Hitman Sapienza videos. That was freakin' hilarious. -100,000 points for non-target kills. XD

Catvoca

Banned
What options do you guys recommend for playing Hitman? Playing it for the first time now. I'm thinking oppurtunites at minimal and instinct off but everything else default?

LiK

What options do you guys recommend for playing Hitman? Playing it for the first time now. I'm thinking oppurtunites at minimal and instinct off but everything else default?

I played default for first time through. I think that's the best way to play so you learn all the mechanics the game has to offer.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
feel free to play with opportunities and all that, but consider turning off the mini-map. It can makes the maps feel a little larger and surprising the first time through.

Catvoca

Banned
I feel like tracking opportunities and stuff might ruin some of the fun as it just straight up tells you what to do to set up a kill, no? At least in Blood Money half the fun was figuring that stuff out.

feel free to play with opportunities and all that, but consider turning off the mini-map. It can makes the maps feel a little larger and surprising the first time through.

Cool, I'll try that out. I find it kind of hard to read the minimap anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom