• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #25 | A Fun Time with Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

Is there still no way to watch the GB section of the Waypoint stream?

10 hour twitch archives appeared:
- https://www.twitch.tv/waypoint/v/97759576
- https://www.twitch.tv/waypoint/v/97901232

I'm looking for the timestamps right now, GB was within the first segments.
The Desus Nice / Kid Mero and the Just Blaze segments were apparently better than the GB ones, btw.

edit: SORRY, THESE ARE LATER ARCHIVES, WITHOUT GB. SO WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THEY APPEAR ON HTTPS://WAYPOINT.VICE.COM/PREMIUM

Is there still no way to watch the GB section of the Waypoint stream?

I'm sure they'll make it available on site after the entire stream is done, which is the smart thing to do if you want them views/clicks.

What was the crazy insane thing from gears that Jeff was talking about the other week? IDC about spoilers

You get into a big ass mech and play an entire section inside a mech which is awesome.The other insane thing is the weather effects and how they change up encounters.

jaina

I'm sure they'll make it available on site after the entire stream is done, which is the smart thing to do if you want them views/clicks.
At some point Waypoint were planning their launch content. (I'm reminded of Jeff talking about writing a lot of stuff for the videogamespot launch). Waypoint were writing/freelancing some articles but needed video as well. Thus was born the idea of a long launch stream and afterwards they have ~72 30 minute videos to launch their site with (and the promotion on twitch).

Rainmaker

Banned
Was looking for something to watch so I decided to watch the PlayStation Home stream for the first time since it happened live. Still amazing. That whole thing could not have gone any better.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Titanfall 2 and Doom have a lot of similarities in the campaign, surprisingly. Titanfall 2 is more linear but they both employ areas where enemies zone in and give you a big open area to work with and constantly move throughout to hunt and be hunted, Doom plays in constant weapon exchange to deal with these situations where as Titanfall deals with your amazing mobility to handle it. I get a very similar rush to the one I got whenever I had those sequences in Doom. Both games have exceptional controls complemented by some really, really satisfying melee and both feature cool robot voices.

It's crazy that two of the best controlling and most satisfying FPSes I've ever played came out in the same year.

kiguel182

Watching them play Jackbox Party is always enjoyable. That game where you had a faker was super fun and Brad never being caught and being super slick was cool.

I WANT MORE

FStop7

Banned
The oft repeated line used to describe Destiny works for TF2: it feels REALLY good. Maybe the best feeling console FPS of all?

mid campaign

That time travel stuff in the research complex was awwwesome

Bowlie

Banned
I hadn't realized until seeing the video on myggen's account that that game reviews talk lasted almost an hour.

jambo

Watching the Bombcast Australia Beef YouTube video and someone mentioned "terrible workplace stories," but I can't find anything.

Ideas?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Watching the Bombcast Australia Beef YouTube video and someone mentioned "terrible workplace stories," but I can't find anything.

Ideas?
Flip flops in lab was already a horror story in of itself.

Tf2 is still Team Fortress 2 and not Titanfall 2.

jaina

Wait. What am I reading with that link? Where does it say anything about appearing on that URL?
The link description is a made up URL, as Vice has no premium program. Living with Vice is at a premium by itself.
The actual URL (to a post on Viceland's facebook) contains a facebook stream without audio that shows Jeff and the others hugging Austin/Patrick when saying goodbye.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Titanfall 2 is both great and relevant. So it has rightfully snatched the three-letter abbreviation.

But seriously, TF2's campaign is so fucking fun. Damn
Well, yes. After Valve decided to just run their community support into the ground.

In regards of reviews and previews; it wasn't until I joined steamgaf and last year giant bomb community that I started to actually read reviews again. I agree with Alex in which I read those more because I enjoy the writing or the discussion than wether it's a consumer reports sort of piece.

I actually like reading reviews after the fact as a way of critisms, though this just might be because I had so many critical classes in college.

2896208-mysummercar.jpg

Unfinished: My Summer Car 10/27/2016
Got a pack of sausages, case of beer, and a dream. Man, it's gonna be a great summer.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
The link description is a made up URL, as Vice has no premium program. Living with Vice is at a premium by itself.
The actual URL (to a post on Viceland's facebook) contains a facebook stream without audio that shows Jeff and the others hugging Austin/Patrick when saying goodbye.

Ahh! Thank you for the reply. I don't have a Facebook account and saw a ton of posts so I thought it was just the landing page for Vice. I had no clue what to actually look for.

I can confirm that this is the most accurate representation of Finland of 1995 ever in a video game.

If you're wondering what's up with the swear translations, they are literal translations of the words. The joke doesn't work quite as well if you don't know Finnish.

Also, this is a song and music video made by the maker of My Summer Car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ABgSzsPGDc

Oh it works, but probably on a different level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom