• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like if i had somehow lost all taste and started collecting funko pops i can see myself getting a funko pop of little knack.

Never big knack.

I am dreading Destiny 2's release. If Ben and Jason don't kill the Bombcast for good, Brad's weekly Destiny 2 talk will.

Save us someone!

drabnon

Jesus, that Dan breaking into Alex's room story.

How the fuck has Dan managed to keep a clean record with all the shit he's done over the years. He has to have some kind of pact with the devil to have not reaped some kind of karmic justice by now.

faridmon

Maaaaaaaaan it really doesn't look good for Swery's crowdfunding campaign.

Swery being a very niche personnel + His game objectively wasn't very polished and hence good + Very abstract and metaphysical story + The polygonal look of the 3D model not being pretty + FIG + 1.5m asking price + no Switch version at base level

all of that means that its hard to get the funding required

Good Life has a reasonable goal, the pitch is solid, the dev team is proven and the work-in-progress is solid.

Gamers are just trash.

hqdefault.jpg

Good Life has a reasonable goal, the pitch is solid, the dev team is proven and the work-in-progress is solid.

Gamers are just trash.

Are there:

• Pre-order incentives?
  • Loot crates / gambling mechanics?
  • F2P mechanics which make you choose between grinding or paying out more real cash?
  • Half-assed DLC planned already?
  • Huge technical errors - low framerate, sub-par resolution, etc?
  • Bad DRM or online-only elements for non-online features?
If not, modern gamers don't care.

Gamers are the biggest mugs there are.

The worse a game or business model is, the more they lap it up and defend it.

Bring on the next crash.

I thought you like pubg.

Only guilty of the loot crates, which I have said on this very forum are shite and should be gone. The game doesn't need cosmetic shit ruining the aesthetics.

(and of course loot crates/gambling are awful for all games in general and should be illegal)

And it's free of huge technical errors?

It's still half of the list. :p

No pre-order shite, no F2P grinding for progression, no paid DLC planned (I think?), no major technical errors and no unwarranted DRM, so no it's really not.

I have never really experienced anything too bad with the game. For an early access title, it's more polished than a lot of AAA games. You occasionally get stuck or something doesn't render, but other than that, I play it at 1080p with most settings turned right up and my fps doesn't dip below 60. I don't have a monster rig, either (7600k/1070). If you have a sub-par PC then maybe it struggles more, but all the streamers I watch on Twitch never have issues either.

Vinny having see-through houses is the worst glitch I've seen. I've never personally had anything like that.

oti

Banned

Gamers are just trash.

Imagine being an investor and seeing the campaign on fig. What so you see? An opportunity to make a lot of money?

Not really.

I feel like Nintendo should step in here and make this a Switch exclusive by financing it. Not like this would sell a lot of Switch consoles but getting Swery on board doesn't sound like the worst idea.

Antiwhippy

No pre-order shite, no F2P grinding for progression, no paid DLC planned (I think?), no major technical errors and no unwarranted DRM, so no it's really not.

I have never really experienced anything too bad with the game. For an early access title, it's more polished than a lot of AAA games. You occasionally get stuck or something doesn't render, but other than that, I play it at 1080p with most settings turned right up and my fps doesn't dip below 60. I don't have a monster rig, either (7600k/1070). If you have a sub-par PC then maybe it struggles more, but all the streamers I watch on Twitch never have issues either.

Vinny having see-through houses is the worst glitch I've seen. I've never personally had anything like that.

Eh if you want to play by the rules that allows it to be considered eligible for GOTY you need judge like any other finished game. I've definitely had times where button prompts don't seem to trigger, times where there is heavy lag just throughout the match, had a bug for awhile where I have to hit tab just so I can turn around with my mouse, etc. etc.

Also F2P grinding is the lootbox shit. It's one and the same.

convo

Lol @ thinking Nintendo fans give a shit about a SWERY game.

As long as it comes out on the switch even Disgaea can be somewhat successful, we are in the phase where people want to play games on that system whatever it is. This game has Cats in it and what else is needed to grab someone's attention on the switch store?

Antiwhippy

As long as it comes out on the switch even Disgaea can be somewhat successful, we are in the phase where people want to play games on that system whatever it is. This game has Cats in it and what else is needed to grab someone's attention on the switch store?

In 2019?

Also despite people meming about switch having no games it seriously has one of the best launch years I can remember since.... forever.

oti

Banned
Lol @ thinking Nintendo fans give a shit about a SWERY game.
Yeah. Not like they'd care about an Animal Crossing-inspired game. What a stupid idea.
Isn't Disgaea really good, though? Never played it but watched a video about it. Apparently you can spend hundreds of hours just upgrading items or something?

Eh if you want to play by the rules that allows it to be considered eligible for GOTY you need judge like any other finished game. I've definitely had times where button prompts don't seem to trigger, times where there is heavy lag just throughout the match, had a bug for awhile where I have to hit tab just so I can turn around with my mouse, etc. etc.

Also F2P grinding is the lootbox shit. It's one and the same.

All the issues you have described are more prevalent in a lot of AAA "finished" games. The odd moment aside, the game is incredibly polished.

And I disagree. The loot boxes don't feel like a F2P mechanic to me because all that's in them is cosmetic. I consider the F2P plague to be game progress, items, skills etc which are needed to be grinded for or bought - when a game is made artificially longer, harder or more tedious to nudge you into buying things. The loot boxes are just gambling/greed.

BTA

Gamers are just trash.

I'm still gonna maintain that the rewards suck and that's gonna be what actually kills it.

But I can agree that people are trash for not wanting this.

AngryMoth

If I was to get one, should I get Yakuza 0 or Kiwami?
Surprising that Kiwami is cheaper on Amazon..
Kiwami is cheaper because it's a remake and reused the combat system from 0. 0 is the best entry point to the series imo and a absolutely fantastic game. Only in the early part of Kiwami so I can't pass judgement yet.

Meneses

If I was to get one, should I get Yakuza 0 or Kiwami?
Surprising that Kiwami is cheaper on Amazon..

Yakuza 0 is better (some people with good and accurate taste would call it the actual Game of the Year).

Kiwami also has some nods to Zero, so you should start with Zero.

If you just want a quicker, cheaper Yakuza experience then you can get Kiwami, it basically uses the same "template" as Zero, even though it's missing the best mini-game (cabaret) and a lot of the side stuff is of a lesser quality.

Finally beat Persona 5 last night, 85 hours played and about five months real time later.

I guess I'm a bit disappointed. I liked the experience as a whole but it just didnt have the story highs of 3&4. Nothing felt very earned. It did have great presentation and music though and the combat was enjoyable.

It might crack the GB top ten list, maybe. Time to listen to the spoilercast.

Antiwhippy

Finally beat Persona 5 last night, 85 hours played and about five months real time later.

I guess I'm a bit disappointed. I liked the experience as a whole but it just didnt have the story highs of 3&4. Nothing felt very earned. It did have great presentation and music though and the combat was enjoyable.

It might crack the GB top ten list, maybe. Time to listen to the spoilercast.

Wut.

What ever gave you that impression?

Top Bottom