• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Giveaway* - Radeon HD 7950, a 3DS, and more - help a GAFer beat cancer!

We reached $5,000 with GoFundMe and Paypal donations! Total as of right now is $5,063. Truly incredible and I really appreciate the help, support and good vibes everyone has been providing. Max is going to get together the new prizes to update the OP and then this weekend we're going to give away the first round of prizes. I'm packing up some stuff, ready to ship it out!

Thank you again guys, truly amazing.

crying11.gif

Haven't checked in, in awhile, very heartening to hear how everyone's turning out to support you. You kick that cancer in the ass Alex!

maxcriden

Sony swag bundle

Fuck cancer man, going to send in a donation as soon as I can.

Put me down for the Kid Icarus stuff.

keychain bundle

Put me down for the street fighter bundle.

- CN Animal Crossing posters

Really hoping best of luck to you and I'll see if I can donate something

For the items, I'll choose:
- Hyrule Historia

Good luck to you! You'll get through this. I'll be sharing the link.

Please put me down for:
- Club Nintendo codes

Congrats on winning to those above! More giveaways to come very soon, and in the meantime please share the Go Fund Me page on your social media if possible

Gibbo

Didnt really like seeing the balance not rounded to the nearest 10s , so just donated :p

As for the prize..maybe an oddworld code?

Also have some spare steam keys sitting Around. Will pass them to the OP once i het home

The_Monk

Congrats on winning to those above! More giveaways to come very soon, and in the meantime please share the Go Fund Me page on your social media if possible

Congrats on those GAFfers. As I mentioned, will keep sharing this on social media. I was tempted to update my single entry, perhaps just add me to the one wishing for the Wolfenstein PS4 copy and Silent Hill: Book of Origins for vita if you can. Thank you! Fingers crossed for the best. :')

GaussTek

Updating my list. Glad you've reached $5000 already, congrats!!

- TLOZ: Ocarina of Time 3D code
- Donkey Kong Country Returns on 3DS digital code
- TLOZ: A Link Between Worlds (Cart)
- Sonic Generations (Steam)
- KOF Steam Edition

Congrats to the winners! I will start packing stuff up today to be shipped out or emailing you with details. Also, Max will select some of the Steam games and such for giveaways, so stay tuned. And thank you for everyones continued support. Please, if you haven't, share the GoFundMe page on Social Media... every little bit helps. http://www.gofundme.com/d3s2kg

Talked with max and provided some donations, if you're a Sony fan, I think you'll like these. ;)

5 NA PSN codes:

God of War: Origins PS3
Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty PS3
Final Fantasy X-2 Vita
Dead Space 3 Limited Edition DLC PS3
Crysis 3 Hunter's Edition DLC PS3

Enjoy guys! :)

Talked with max and provided some donations, if you're a Sony fan, I think you'll like these. ;)

5 NA PSN codes:

Final Fantasy X-2 Vita

You're a good guy. I'll throw myself in for that Dead Space 3 DLC

TEJ

5 NA PSN codes:

Final Fantasy X-2 Vita

i'd like god of war origins

i'll try and donate some more this week :)

Awesome! Thanks a lot, Max, you're doing a great job organizing this. It's great to see that people keep donating prizes and money. This is great.

Waiting for a few more people to get back to me with addresses so I can ship out some of the physical items!
I replied earlier today, did you get it?

Slair

My family has been completely fucked by cancer for the past 5 or so years, so if it's cool to still donate on Monday when i get my student loan to help you fuck this cancer up then i'm in for some prizes, even though i have no idea which prizes i can enter my name for because i'm from the UK and most of the physical stuff is from the US.

ruttyboy

Just donated, hope everything goes well.

I'd love to get my hands on any of the below:

Radeon HD 7950
Wolfenstein PS4

It might get me to actually sort the rest of my ancient PC out! :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, as poster above has made me realise I'm in the UK, if that excludes me no worries, happy to help (or pay for postage ;-) )

My family has been completely fucked by cancer for the past 5 or so years, so if it's cool to still donate on Monday when i get my student loan to help you fuck this cancer up then i'm in for some prizes, even though i have no idea which prizes i can enter my name for because i'm from the UK and most of the physical stuff is from the US.

You can always enter for the digital stuff too! Don't be shy. :)

Changed my mind about the mystery box, would like to remove my entry for that but I'm still interested in the other things i entered for.

Shipping out a bunch of items tomorrow, waiting to hear back from Neto. The Steam game giveaway for this round will be announced shortly. : D

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Wow, some amazing new gaming goods to give away. Thank you everyone who has made this thread successful! I can't wait until we give away items. I hope with the physical items we can get people to take photos with them, I think it would be fun to post in the thread.

Awww, thanks buddy! <3 This post made me smile so much.

Always. <3.

I still remember everything you all did for me. Sometimes its just a smile and acceptance ^_^

Nosgoroth

I'd like to set my wishlist to the following:

-Digital code for Donkey Kong Country Returns on 3DS (unless it's not EU, which it probably is)
-practically new RAT 7 mouse (unless you can't ship to EU)

Keep attacking this thing!

Shipped out items today, still waiting to hear back from one more person. Those that had physical items will be getting them by the end of the week hopefully.

Always. <3.

I still remember everything you all did for me. Sometimes its just a smile and acceptance ^_^

Thanks, that's very nice to hear. :)

neto

Shipping out a bunch of items tomorrow, waiting to hear back from Neto. The Steam game giveaway for this round will be announced shortly. : D

shit, sorry to take so long to answer, I've been very busy and I have mostly just lurked on mobile gaf in the little spare time I have and I just forget to check my pms while on mobile

maxcriden

I will still be giving away a bunch more stuff very imminently.

In the meantime, I've been trying to get the word out more but to little avail. If anyone has any inroads as to places we could use to get the word out further, please let me know. Donations seem to have mostly hit a wall the last week or so and I really want to get momentum going again. Thanks all for your continued support!

Rolodzeo

I will still be giving away a bunch more stuff very imminently.

In the meantime, I've been trying to get the word out more but to little avail. If anyone has any inroads as to places we could use to get the word out further, please let me know. Donations seem to have mostly hit a wall the last week or so and I really want to get momentum going again. Thanks all for your continued support!

Why don't contact major gaming news pages out there? I mean, this is a big giveaway, it's for a good cause, and we already have the "no" granted. We lose nothing and perhaps they're cool enough to help Alex win this battle. I mean, part of gaming is defeating the bad guys, isn't it? Can't think of a better foe to defeat than cancer. Fuck cancer.

maxcriden

Why don't contact major gaming news pages out there? I mean, this is a big giveaway, it's for a good cause, and we already have the "no" granted. We lose nothing and perhaps they're cool enough to help Alex win this battle. I mean, part of gaming is defeating the bad guys, isn't it? Can't think of a better foe to defeat than cancer. Fuck cancer.

I couldn't agree more. I have tried contacting a couple of sites to minimal luck. If you want to contact some, I would be all for it and greatly appreciate it. I think the angle you're describing is a smart one, too. If you don't want to do this, though, let me know and I will try contacting more sites myself. Either way I appreciate the idea!

Rolodzeo

Yeah, no problem. I'll contact some of the major pages out here in Spain and Europe, perhaps they are willing to give some exposure to the giveaway. Wish me luck :p

EBreda

Is this still going? What's the situation now? Please update us! I'd love to help, what should be better - donating money to the cause or goods to be auctioned/given?

maxcriden

Is this still going? What's the situation now? Please update us! I'd love to help, what should be better - donating money to the cause or goods to be auctioned/given?

This is indeed still going on. At this point donating money would definitely be better as we have a plethora of amazing prizes to give away. Also, any way you can help to get the word out yourself or through any online or local outlets would be immensely appreciated.

qream

I'll donate via gofundme. No need for a prize selection.
Good luck with your surgery Alex (kitchenmotors)

Thanks for the continued support. I should finally get my surgery date today or tomorrow, going to call my urologist this morning. Also have another appointment with my oncologist on the 16th for a check up on my blood work and tumor markers.

Donations have slowed down but I'll keep up the GoFundMe until my recovery and have continued to try and get people to share it. We also still have prizes for the giveaway coming in, which is very exciting.

I will send a copy of Destiny to the next person to make a $100 verified donation, and quote this post. You will receive the game the day it comes out. You must live in the continental U.S.

Top Bottom