• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War 2018 Sequel (Ragnarok) Possibly Leaked

Vawn

Banned
Obviously, the game is inevitable, whether this rumor has any truth to it or not.

I don't expect to see it at the PS5 games reveal though. This first showing will likely be Horizon Zero Dawn 2 and Bluepoint's game (PLEASE be Demon's Souls). And, maybe, Bloodborne remake and/or Ratchet and Clank.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Cory Barlog did say "Ragnorak is coming" through the 1st letters of a series of cryptic tweets someone deciphered on Twitter

Damn it's looking amazing even in those low quality shots. A Fenrir boss fight would be incredible

Edit: I guess the shots are from the cinematic tv spot which I didn't remember the wolf Lol

Last edited:

Kusarigama

If you take the 1st letters from Cory Barlog's pinned twitter thread it spells out " RAGNAROK IS COMING"

So of course sequel is coming and as far as those images in the reddit post are concerned, like one comment on it says are from the cinematic tv spot for GoW.

Obviously, the game is inevitable, whether this rumor has any truth to it or not.

I don't expect to see it at the PS5 games reveal though. This first showing will likely be Horizon Zero Dawn 2 and Bluepoint's game (PLEASE be Demon's Souls). And, maybe, Bloodborne remake and/or Ratchet and Clank.
Bloodborne remake seems like an unusual choice. Wouldn't more people be interested in a sequel?

Last edited:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Another day, another unsubstantiated rumor post on NeoGaf.

tenor.gif

I can't wait for the inevitable sequel

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
God of War was excellent but it was funny that Atreus's vision was connected to Kratos so if you were facing a wall and wanted Atreus to shoot arrows, he would shoot the wall that Kratos was facing/looking at. This wouldn't matter whatsoever except for the fact that if there's enemies behind you, Atreus won't shoot them. Instead, he'll shoot the wall.

Other that that, the field of view as well as enemy variety needs to be expanded for the sequel. And more/better boss fights. And no, I don't mean different variations of the Troll.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
God of War was excellent but it was funny that Atreus's vision was connected to Kratos so if you were facing a wall and wanted Atreus to shoot arrows, he would shoot the wall that Kratos was facing/looking at. This wouldn't matter whatsoever except for the fact that if there's enemies behind you, Atreus won't shoot them. Instead, he'll shoot the wall.

Other that that, the field of view as well as enemy variety needs to be expanded for the sequel. And more/better boss fights. And no, I don't mean different variations of the Troll.
I agree about the sequel needing more epic boss fights like "The Stranger" but using square to get Atreus to shoot the enemy Kratos is looking at, is great design IMO

Imagine having to aim with Atreus while also trying to fight using Kratos...

Last edited:

Kuranghi

What did the reddit post say?

Anything of note or just generic rumour crap?

Not sure but the comments said the first image was taken from a CGI visualization of an early version of the game that was about eqyptian gods instead of norse and the second one from the leaked stuff from 2015 - snowy landscapes and big furred-up, armored protag concept art I think. Thats how they knew it was fake.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

JLMC469

Banned
Personally I feel tlou2 is about to take the crown

The thing that made GOW so special (for me) was the lore. I loved how the game gave you subtle hints about the things that happened in the past and made you fill in the blanks.

I haven’t liked ND’s games since UC2. I frankly found UC4 and TLOU extremely overrated.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I agree about the sequel needing more epic boss fights like "The Stranger" but using square to get Atreus to shoot the enemy Kratos is looking at, is great design IMO

Imagine having to aim with Atreus while also trying to fight using Kratos...

I agree in regards to the boss fights but disagree in regards to Atreus. The AI in the sequel needs to be good enough that Atreus can shoot enemies on his own as opposed to his vision being attached to the vision of Kratos. That was as bad as Ellie being invisible in TLOU. Completely kills any realism, immersion and is bad AI in my opinion.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Personally I feel tlou2 is about to take the crown
There is no crown to be taken when we talk about GOW .. God of War is not In this realm so you cannot take a crown you can’t see! .. tlou2 will be a great game but sorry for me nothing can surpass :

• Powerful lore connected perfectly past and future

• No homosexual or feminism shit .. it’s all about Gods and men

• powerful soundtrack

• BOI!

• One shot camera .. no fucking black screen

And come on it’s Kratos

but that’s my opinion of course

I agree in regards to the boss fights but disagree in regards to Atreus. The AI in the sequel needs to be good enough that Atreus can shoot enemies on his own as opposed to his vision being attached to the vision of Kratos. That was as bad as Ellie being invisible in TLOU. Completely kills any realism, immersion and is bad AI in my opinion.

It was good AI in my opinion.

"Only fire when I tell you to fire" -Kratos

But it poses a possible problem for the next game if Atreus is older then. How would they justify an obedient Atreus.

There is no crown to be taken when we talk about GOW .. God of War is not In this realm so you cannot take a crown you can’t see! .. tlou2 will be a great game but sorry for me nothing can surpass :

• powerful soundtrack

• BOI!

And come on it’s Kratos

If they can make a GoW2 with more bosses with the presentation of Baldur fight #1, and a few more enemy types, itll be my Game of the PS5 Generation!

JLMC469

Banned

• powerful soundtrack

• BOI!

And come on it’s Kratos

You my friend, you deserve a beer!!!

Top Bottom