• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOW Ragnarok will require a PSN account to play (any of it) on PC

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
More fake outrage coming soon
Let's put this in big, so people actually understand the REAL problem with Helldivers II and stop acting like children, not knowing what they talk about:

Not really, because this time I'm sure it will work from day one, without people getting access to the game without an account as opposed to, let's say, Helldivers II.

But you know that right? Because you are not posting a troll comment without knowing the situation right? Right??

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
More fake outrage coming soon

If its actually required then that means alot of regions where PSN isnt officially supported wont be able to purchase the game......I dont think thats fake outrage.

hell-divers-2-delisted-in-all-these-countries-due-to-psn-v0-nooj56uiomyc1.png

Black_Stride

Let's put this in big, so people actually understand the REAL problem with Helldivers II and stop acting like children, not knowing what they talk about:

Not really, because this time I'm sure it will work from day one, without people getting access to the game without an account as opposed to, let's say, Helldivers II.

But you know that right? Because you are not posting a troll comment without knowing the situation right? Right??

The you are sure portion of your post needs to also be put big and in red.
Because if a PSN account IS required then its a problem.....if it isnt like in say Ghost of Tsushima where it was initially reported as being needed but then it was pulled as only being needed for Legends mode then it isnt a problem.

But saying it isnt a problem when we dont actually know the requirements is a little early.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Because if a PSN account IS required then its a problem.....if it isnt like in say Ghost of Tsushima where it was initially reported as being needed but then it was pulled as only being needed for Legends mode then it isnt a problem.

But saying it isnt a problem when we dont actually know the requirements is a little early.
Yeah I agree but I'm just tired of people acting like dicks without understanding what they are commenting.

Why is making an account such a big deal?
It's not, that's why you don't heard of Ubi, or EA etc... needing an account on Steam.
The problem is put in BIG RED letters just 4 post above...

Last edited:

MacReady13

So, who cares? If you don't have or can't get a PSN account then don't buy the damn game! I have a PC and have to have an EA/Ubisoft account for those games on Steam. Big fucking deal...

Black_Stride

This is the reason why it's bad, although your image includes many countries that will have a "local" version, like Japan. Japan obviously has PSN.

Helldivers 2 Japan has a separate SteamKey thats not part of the Universal SteamKey which is why its in that image......which is old btw.
HellDivers 2 is delisted in like 176 countries all in.

qfVxHwQ.png

Last edited:
Helldivers 2 Japan has a separate SteamKey thats not part of the Universal SteamKey which is why its in that image......which is old btw.
HellDivers 2 is delisted in like 176 countries all in.

qfVxHwQ.png
There are some other countries listed as well. Not gonna comb the list.

For clarification, this is the only reason why it's bad practice. Anything else is just whining.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Yes you do.
No you don't. Of course you will get a few people complaining but absolutely not at the same level as for Helldivers II. If you can't say why, it's on you. I won't explain the same thing over and over again, if you don't understand (or can't read) I won't loose more time with this as I said everything I had to say.

Black_Stride

Sony is aware of this

So we can only hope they pull the requirement.

There are some other countries listed as well. Not gonna comb the list.

Not worth counting to 176 mate.
The SteamAPI lists those countries for that package version.
The latest package version with most countries listed in if you would like me screenshot it is:

coiejEG.png

S0ULZB0URNE

No you don't. Of course you will get a few people complaining but absolutely not at the same level as for Helldivers II. If you can't say why, it's on you. I won't explain the same thing over and over again, if you don't understand (or can't read) I won't loose more time with this as I said everything I had to say.
Yes you do need to have or make accounts with those services on steam and what you consider not the same level is irrelevant.

Don't waste time cause being disingenuous isn't cool.

Nobody asked for a picture of what the people already crying in this thread look like.

Sleepwalker

I'm not going to get into an argument of wether this is right or wrong.

But it is clearly what's going to happen going forward with PS games on PC and its up to the players to cave in or not buy the game.

Expect every Sony game coming to PC to require one.

simpatico

Figured this day would come. Surprised it wasn’t sooner tbh. I'll either try to recover my PS3 account or make a new one. I'm still going to post loudly in outrage to see if we can push Sony into scrapping the idea. Worth a try at least. There's already a decent sized wave.

Black_Stride

Oh no the same as the other companies

Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

Other companies dont delist games in countries that arent supported by their login requirements......they just want your money/information.
Sony for some reason want to make life difficult by region locking PC games?

I'm not going to get into an argument of wether this is right or wrong.

But it is clearly what's going to happen going forward with PS games on PC and its up to the players to cave in or not buy the game.

Expect every Sony game coming to PC to require one.

It being required for multiplayer......not an issue.
It being required for singleplayer and them delisting the game if said region doesnt support PSN is a completely different issue.

If this game is the same as Ghost of Tsushima where the PSN requirement is not necessary to play SinglePlayer then im all good.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Yes you do need to have or make accounts with those services on steam and what you consider not the same level is irrelevant.

Don't waste time cause being disingenuous isn't cool.
Show me the receipt for "so many people complaining about EA or Ubi too". I'm waiting.
Anyway, you did not read. One last attempt: the account linking will work from day one with GOWR, without people getting access to the game without an account AND THEN making it mandatory. This is a totally different situation.

I mean I don't get what's so hard to understand, unless you're being disingenuous.

Sleepwalker

It being required for multiplayer......not an issue.
It being required for singleplayer and them delisting the game if said region doesnt support PSN is a completely different issue.

If this game is the same as Ghost of Tsushima where the PSN requirement is not necessary to play SinglePlayer then im all good.

it's not great I agree and I'm not in favor or defending them so don't take me wrong but

1) They either ran the numbers and decided they really don't care about making the games unavailable to those regions (not ideal)

2) They may be working on adding psn support to those regions eventually (better)

Either way at the end of the day it's their product and they have a right to decide who they offer it to.

The same way we have a right to decline making business with them.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Is anyone else upset or pitching a fit about Ubisoft or EA or XBOX or Rockstar or any other required login?

This is the stupidest hill to die on and you are a hypocrite if you give this the attention while we have all been logging in to whatever a game throws at us, FOR YEARS.

Put your energy into better things.

ReBurn

Gold Member
At least with it actually being enforced day 1 people should know what they're getting into before they purchase. If they don't like the requirement but buy it anyway they have nobody to blame but themselves.

phant0m

Is anyone else upset or pitching a fit about Ubisoft or EA or XBOX or Rockstar or any other required login?

This is the stupidest hill to die on and you are a hypocrite if you give this the attention while we have all been logging in to whatever a game throws at us, FOR YEARS.

Put your energy into better things.

Yeah a lot of people bitched about those things too when they first started.

Then got the fuck over it and moved on with their lives.

Black_Stride

The same way we have a right to decline making business with them.

Ermmmm theyve taken the "right" to do business with them away from consumers.
If you cant buy the game in region xyz you dont have a choice, the decision isnt in your hands.
All they really need to do is not geotag PSN IDs, theres no reason to, if the person has paid for your game what do you care, theyve got the money and whatever other information they want to gather.

Ubisoft, EA, Xbox, Rockstar dont restrict you from purchasing the game if you live in regions they dont officially support.
So its a very different story.

^This is of course assuming the PSN requirement is actually true.
Ghost of Tsushima was originally announced as requiring PSN, but then it was clarified that PSN was only required for the MP......the singleplayer doesnt require PSN.

S0ULZB0URNE

Show me the receipt for "so many people complaining about EA or Ubi too". I'm waiting.
Anyway, you did not read. One last attempt: the account linking will work from day one with GOWR, without people getting access to the game without an account AND THEN making it mandatory. This is a totally different situation.

I mean I don't get what's so hard to understand, unless you're being disingenuous.
First you said...

"It's not, that's why you don't heard of Ubi, or EA etc... needing an account on Steam."

You then said...

"No you don't. Of course you will get a few people complaining but absolutely not at the same level as for Helldivers II."

Now you are saying you want a receipt for(as you put it) so many people complaining.

4Trmi09.gif

LOL

I originally quoted you saying it wasn't required and that statement is wrong.

All of the other stuff you are talking to yourself about.

Pop

Other companies dont delist games in countries that arent supported by their login requirements......they just want your money/information.
Sony for some reason want to make life difficult by region locking PC games?
So why is it that Sony is locking out the 5% then?

To my knowledge we have no idea why. And most of the outage is from people that live in first world countries and not the ones Sony has blocked

Black_Stride

Why would you want to live in any of those countries?

Monaco has amazing tax rates (read as pay no taxes on money made outside the state).
Its actually a pretty beautiful place, the weather is great, the people are generally really nice, and the crime rate is nonexistent.

So why is it that Sony is locking out the 5% then?

Questions for Sony.

Top Bottom