• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goodbye Volcano High has gone GOLD

Draugoth

Gold Member
KO_OP announced today that their upcoming visual novel/rhythm game Goodbye Volcano High has gone gold. Revealed in the PS5 Future of Gaming stream back in June 2020 and initially set for a release window of 2021, it faced a number of setbacks, including a complete rewrite of the game's story by a new writing team, challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic, avoiding developer crunch, and dealing with a still-ongoing transphobic harassment campaign.

Set in a world of anthropomorphic dinosaurs, the game is told the perspective of nonbinary pterodactyl musician Fang during their senior year of high school, dealing with the ups and downs of high school life, which become exacerbated by an impending asteroid that may wipe the dinosaurs out in eight months. It will be available on PS4, PS5, and Steam.

donfonzie

Praise The Lord Applause GIF

Let's pretend in some alternate universe this game shatters all expectations and it's legitimately incredible. It draws comparisons to all of the great designs and concepts of our beloved medium, and is given honest praise by our favorite development teams. The catch is it keeps the same look, theme and messaging. Would you allow yourself to enjoy the devil's fruit, or lead a life of purity?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Let's pretend in some alternate universe this game shatters all expectations and it's legitimately incredible. It draws comparisons to all of the great designs and concepts of our beloved medium, and is given honest praise by our favorite development teams. The catch is it keeps the same look, theme and messaging. Would you allow yourself to enjoy the devil's fruit, or lead a life of purity?
For me the art style is already huge turn off and for hand drawn visuals, the aesthetics is very important. I mean the artstyle is big reason why I’m big fan of Vanillaware games.

Lol, it's releasing on August 29th, they really hate this game. Not only it was going to be dead on arrival, but it seems they want to be 100% positive that it will be more than dead by the time it arrives. The game is being released between Blasphemous 2, Armored Core 6, Sea of Stars, and Starfield. Very smart release date guys, good job!

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member

200.gif

No.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Lol, it's releasing on August 29th, they really hate this game. Not only it was going to be dead on arrival, but it seems they want to be 100% positive that it will be more than dead by the time it arrives. The game is being released between Blasphemous 2, Armored Core 6, Sea of Stars, and Starfield. Very smart release date guys, good job!

Yea, I am sure there are tons of people furrowing their brow on whether to spend money on Armored Core 6 or Goodbye Volcano High

Draugoth

Gold Member

Because the game has attracted a lot of attention due to how weird it is, if it reviews well it actually might sell.

Last edited:

nashman

Baldur’s Gate 3 steals GOTY from TOTK.
Goodbye Volcano High steals GOTY from Baldur’s Gate 3.
2023 about to become to the GOAT.
Knack 3 releases Dec 31st at 1159pm and edges out Volcano, wins all GOTYs.

Knack3>Volcano>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BG3>TOTK>Starfield.

Knack 3 releases Dec 31st at 1159pm and edges out Volcano, wins all GOTYs.

Knack3>Volcano>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BG3>TOTK>Starfield.
I can assure you that a hypothetical Knack 3 would be FAR better and more fun to play than this shit-stained sjw driven piece of shit that is Goodbye Volcano High.

Last edited:

Soodanim

Because the game has attracted a lot of attention due to how weird it is, if it reviews well it actually might sell.
I'm starting to think you're a furry. This is a super niche game for that crowd alone, I don't see it having appeal outside of that niche. It might sell, but only to the members of ResetEra.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Don't kid yourselves people, Fang is the next gaming icon, and (like me) you'd all hit that harder than the meteor will.

Top Bottom