• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goodbye Volcano High Review Thread |OT| Snootjob

What scores do you think Goodbye Volcano High will get?

• 30-35%

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • 35-40$

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • 45-50%

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 13 4.5%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 19 6.6%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 25 8.7%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 25 8.7%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 27 9.4%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 75 26.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Venom Snake

cytjqk.jpg

I know it's about the journey and not the destination, but I can't help but feel that experiencing this game's story is completely pointless if it all ends with an asteroid impact.

Not that I'd be interested in this they/them snootfest otherwise.

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
By the way, Cavemanon will soon release their second game, I Wani Hug That Gator

Yes, in less time that GWH took to be released, Cavemanon released a better, longer, free Visual Novel (GWH is expected to clock in at around 5h, Snoot Game takes around 15) AND a demo for their next one

If anyone is curious- I will not be reviewing this game. I simply have no interest and i didnt bother reaching out to them. Also, they've decided to release it at the most dumbest and possible time. Not only was this game already dead on arrival but they made sure that it was 1000% dead because it comes out between Starfield, Sea of Stars, Blasphemous 2 and Armored 6. Very smart business decisions, where ever approved the release date or was okay with it deserves a platinum medal.

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I personally cannot wait to answer the call of snooty and help Fang make the right choices in the run up to the mass extinction event that will define their teenage years.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

DarthPutin

The morale of the story: once persons start identifying as they/thems, the world is about to end!

11 ouf of 10, obviously.

and it's for scalies, not furries. The More You Know!

I know people always say review sites gets paid for high scores.
But I wonder if review sites can pay a dev/publisher to not send in a review copy.
As someone who has reviewed games professionally for the last 10 years I can tell you that neither of these dumb myths are true. All it is, is just people being dumb and fighting over plastic boxes looking to fuel a console war and make people look bad because they gave the game a score that they did not like. So they start throwing shades of "Paid off review, etc..."

However, I will tell you though I had been approached before by a particular publisher asking me if they could use quotes from one of our reviews to paint the game in a positive light, despite the fact that the game received a really bad score from us. I won't tell you what publisher it was or what game for the sake of privacy and professionalism but basically, we gave the a game a lower than average score and only had 1 nice thing to say about it, they wanted to quote that particular part and use it in advertising for their accolades. I told them respectfully - no you may not, the game did not receive a good score and we don't want our integrity to look like crap for the sake of your advertising. Obviously, I said it nicer, but you get the idea.

This happened to me only once in the entirety of my career. I will tell you though, that OpenCritic and MetaCritic average is a do or die situation for publishers and the PR agencies that they work with regardless of what the general gaming public believes. The meta score is the holy grail in today's day for game developers and publishers.

Last edited:

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
I don't understand how this game got such levels of preemptive hate, but I believe no matter the direction after release, it will be a sight to behold.

Raonak

Banned
Is this a free ps+ game by any chance?

In any case, this is gonna be a more entertaining game than starfield.

Last edited:
Top Bottom