• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham Knights apparently is locked 4k/30fps on consoles

bomb GIF

FingerBang

I can confirm this and I hope this is something they’ll fix it by the embargo because there is NO REASON whatsoever this game couldn’t run at 60fps on consoles. It’s nothing mind blowing graphically.

EDIT: I’m also surprised this game is next gen only. Again, no reason why this game couldn’t run on last gen consoles.

Last edited:

Klosshufvud

I wouldn't be surprised. I've been saying for a while now that 30FPS is coming for these current gen only games
I would consider this an exception. If the resolution is close to or native 4K, then 60 fps at lower resolutions should be no problem. I doubt this game bottlenecks the CPU or memory that hard to justify 30 fps at lower resolution. Expect a dynamic 1440p 60 fps patch down the line. These consoles are technically still really powerful with tons of tricks to enable 60 fps gameplay.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
these are bad posts and you guys need to feel bad.
I'm just being realistic. There's a lot more that can be done with 33ms over 16ms when it comes to visuals specifically

This game might not be a good example of it but there will be others. A lot of devs will choose graphics over frames this gen. This one looks like it could be patched to 60FPS though

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
That sucks, but that's the kind of attitude devs have towards console gamers since many are so accepting of 30 fps gaming for decades.

No devs do this on PC (aside from I think Dakr Souls?) lock their games to a certain setting and frame rate because they know PC gamers expect more options. When was the last time you heard a PC gamer say "Well, as long as it looks great, I'm happy to be locked at 30"

Last edited:

SCB3

30fps console games?

Well I never, its not like we've not seen this since the beginning of console time.

I'll have you know that the N64 was fully capable of running Zelda and Goldeneye at 20fps!

Still this sucks, I'm waiting for this on Gamepass or whatever now anyway

• LOL
Reactions: GHG

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Again, if you demand every game to be 60fps - Buy a fucking PC. The 4000 series just dropped, go spend some money. Us normal people are hopeful that devs will use their brain and prioritize graphics over frames. Salute to these devs, the game would have looked even shittier had they strived for 60 frames.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

No surprise considering most devs couldn't even manage 60 fps @ 1080p across the board, before jumping onto the 4k bandwagon. Years later, here we are.

side note, this game doesn't look that much better than Arkham Knight... a last gen game.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
How do they not offer a 1440p mode?

There’s no excuse.

Once Unreal 5 becomes the norm, you’d better expect 30fps on consoles.

Last edited:
Again, if you demand every game to be 60fps - Buy a fucking PC. The 4000 series just dropped, go spend some money. Us normal people are hopeful that devs will use their brain and prioritize graphics over frames. Salute to these devs, the game would have looked even shittier had the strived for 60 frames.
giphy.gif

...Not sure if you've seen the footage, but this might be the wrong game to make this argument for.

How can this game look graphically less ambitious than Arkham City and still have this bad of an optimization? This is so uninspiring.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Again, if you demand every game to be 60fps - Buy a fucking PC. The 4000 series just dropped, go spend some money. Us normal people are hopeful that devs will use their brain and prioritize graphics over frames. Salute to these devs, the game would have looked even shittier had the strived for 60 frames.
No. I demand every game to have options. Just like 99% of the games released on current gen consoles. This game is the exception not the rule.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
giphy.gif

...Not sure if you've seen the footage, but this might be the wrong game to make this argument for.
It does look like shit, thats not the point. It looks like shit however thats due to the devs being incompetent and quite frankly untalented. But my point is, it means that a push for 60fps would mean it would look even shittier. Not to mention the game would have been delayed also.

You guys will get your 60fps in 6 months or so. 60fps is an afterthought, as it should be. Its a cinematic single player game. Who cares

Top Bottom