• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear X2 Slash & King Of Fighters XI Screens

KingJ2002

if old... disregard, lock, make fun of me, call me names, etc.

King Of Fighters XI

sega37.jpg

This fall also "the king of Fighters eleven" of the corporation SNK play moa of work schedule was exhibited.

Introducing new gauge system "skill gauge system". This gauge is shared with the team member. In addition, consuming "power gauge", it does guard cancellation.

With can alternate to the optional character which "KOF 2003" is adopted "multiple shift" was developed adds also the expedient "saving shift" which escapes according to circumstance on the midst when it has received "quick shift" and attack. "Dream cancellation" ability is brought to the team leader. Also the team member is replaced, you say that furthermore also new キャラ is added.

Screens

sega44.jpg

sega45.jpg

sega46.jpg

sega38.jpg

sega39.jpg

sega40.jpg

sega41.jpg

sega42.jpg

sega43.jpg

KingJ2002

Guilty Gear X2 Slash (babelfish Translation)

The サミー corporation had done release, "ギルティギア X (GGX)" the series. Depending upon the integration with Sega, now from the work from Sega it came to the point of release being done. "The GGX" series, "ギルティギア イグゼクス (GGXX) made the #RELOAD" of 1 line empty and plural simultaneous opposition possible, it evolved to the "ギルティギア chair mosquito", but also "GGXX #RELOAD", 2 years is supported from start of work it elapsed still, by the popularity of the fan. And this time, the new work "the ギルティギア イグゼクス slash which designates" GGXX #RELOAD "as the base (GGXX SLASH)" it became appearance. 2005 fall work start schedule.

Operation system, P (punch), K (kick), S (cutting), HS (large to cut), D (the dust) is not different from previous production "GGXX" with 1 lever 5 button. Consecutive attack is made possible, by pushing the button of specification in order of specification, the "Gatling combination" and, to raise the partner in the sky, it is possible, "dust attack", stopping attack mandatorily, moving to the following conduct it is possible also "romance cancellation" and so on is succeeded.

With "GGXX SLASH", "A.B.A", and 2 キャラ of "saintly horseman group sol" being added anew major feature.

"A.B.A" uses the transfusion pack, recovery of the physical strength is possible, "normal mode" and, the physical strength of oneself you can aim for the large damage in exchange, changing "blade modes", fighting you obtain. Because each one differs shooting skill necessary, it probably is necessary to keep assuring the timing which uses mode change skill according to circumstance.

As for "saintly horseman group sol", the character which has individual system "charge system". When "charge (after D 63214+D [ repeated hitting yes ]", "action charge (specification D [ aerial yes ]) with you charge necessary after the shooting skill, it can strengthen shooting skill necessary. While charging necessary also shooting, "charge bursting" skill is enabled with HS.

In addition, in addition to the fact that adjustment has entered the conventional appearance character over, detail such as addition of new skill and efficiency modification of skill, change of the movement of CPU キャラ with the loading AI, also BGM and addition etc. of the background are done, probably become long-awaited release in the previous production fan.

Screens

sega24.jpg

sega21.jpg

sega22.jpg

sega23.jpg

sega25.gif

sega26.gif

sega27.jpg

sega28.jpg

sega29.jpg

sega30.jpg

sega31.jpg

sega32.jpg

sega33.jpg

sega34.jpg

sega35.jpg

sega36.jpg

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
How long will this take to show up as an own3d pic?
sega38.jpg

Rain

Banned
What's up with the shitty filtered sprites on the new kof series? wtf...

Also... nice choice of games... makes you see what's a 2d game should look like nowdays (guilt gear) as opposed of what kof looks like...

WE NEED MORE HI-RES 2D FIGHTERS KTNX

jett

D-Member
New hardware, same shitty graphics for KOF. At least Capcom the freaking decency to redo the sparks and hit effects in their Vs games. :lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
jett said:
New hardware, same shitty graphics for KOF. At least Capcom the freaking decency to redo the sparks and hit effects in their Vs games. :lol

They have to save SOMETHING to change in the home port. :)

Expect to see those high res backgrounds go 3D and transparancy/filter effects on the sprites whenever the home version is released.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Lyte Edge said:
It looks like a shot taken at the Dreamcast. :)
Bernie Stolars nees to be photoshopped into that picture STAT! :lol

Jeff-DSA

Fighting games hit their pinnalce with Third Strike in my opinion, but Guilty Gear still gets me pretty excited.

belgurdo

Banned
Rain said:
What's up with the shitty filtered sprites on the new kof series? wtf...

Also... nice choice of games... makes you see what's a 2d game should look like nowdays (guilt gear) as opposed of what kof looks like...

WE NEED MORE HI-RES 2D FIGHTERS KTNX

Refined gameplay and tons of new characters>>>shiny sprites

thus KoF>>>GG #Rehash Special XYZ/%$#.: (Yes, I know I wll be crucified)

KOF looks like shit...refined Gameplay? WTF GGX2 bring alot more to the table at this point then KOF thats for sure.

Calling GGX games a rehash when comapred to KOF is fucking ridiculous.

While I'm sure I will play the new KoF really SNK it's about fucking time you re-drew some sprites your on the atomiswave the hardware isn't an excuse anymore

and in regards to yet another version of GGX2, much like SF2 if it comes to a home console in the us I'll buy it *L* they're like crack to me :(

I do wish they would make a GGXXX though instead of just refining XX

raYne

belgurdo said:
Refined gameplay and tons of new characters>>>shiny sprites

thus KoF>>>GG #Rehash Special XYZ/%$#.: (Yes, I know I wll be crucified)
They've been refining since 1991 and the games still haven't changed much visually at all. You still don't see anything wrong with this situation?

Xenon, welcome to 2000.
*edit*
After really looking at the KoF pics I fail to see what's so good about those character designs either, because to me they're all pretty monotonous with a few changes.

mosaic

go eat paint
Certainly SNK could have their artists re-draw hi-rez sprites... I mean, they're making up hi-rez backgrounds...

SNK, why you so lazy? You worse than lazy American worker.

Rain

Banned
And to think that SNK Games were known for having beautiful and bigger sprites back in the days... *sigh*.....

Pulstar anyone?

pulstar-01.png

Edit: I wish i could find the animated version of that.... Wonder what ever happened to ripsrus...

And this is offtopic, but it's nice.. :D

pulstar1.jpg

SNK and Capcom WHores need to stop buying this shit so SNK actually feels the need to improve their games.

Sammy whores need to give the guys another year or so before doing the same.

KingJ2002

KOF XI looks pretty damn good to me considering how dated they looked back in the neo geo hardware. If SNKP used the high res filtering technique they used in rebout the game the game would look alot better.

yea... they should also use 3D effects for hits, fireballs, and what not... those old 2D ones look really, really bad by todays standards (as you can see with the guilty gear screens)

Pachinko

This is getting embarrasing on SNK's behalf. I somehow wish SNK fans would all get togethor and boycott any new 2D fighter made by them until they make hi res guilty gear calibur sprites. Same goes for capcom fanboys, and nobody should accept shitty 3D spinoff games has a substitute either, hi res 2D or bust, we've maxed out 320X240 Level sprites and the gameplay can't improve any more so start making some better graphics or stop making the games.

blackadde

Kabuki Waq said:
SNK and Capcom WHores need to stop buying this shit so SNK actually feels the need to improve their games.

Sammy whores need to give the guys another year or so before doing the same.

This isn't like yearly Madden with EA where there's a large budget and a lot of cushion if it bombs, if KOF stops selling then SNK/Playmore go under. Whether this is worth it is left as an exercise for the reader.

Tain

If SNKP used the high res filtering technique they used in rebout the game the game would look alot better.

I didn't think Rebout used filtering; I just thought it was redrawn. No type of filtering could get that sort of detail.

Rain

Banned
Tain said:
I didn't think Rebout used filtering; I just thought it was redrawn. No type of filtering could get that sort of detail.

Any comparing pics laying around somewhere, so i ahve an idea wtf u ppl talking about? :D

KingJ2002

Tain said:

yea they used a high res filtering technique to make their sprites suitable for high resolutions... kind of like the ksale technique used on emulators to make sprites look better for higher resolutions.

p_highresolution.jpg

^^the end result

Rain

Banned
KingJ2002 said:
p_highresolution.jpg

^^the end result

What the hell... i highly doubt that's just some filter applied...

If so, they should patent and sell that, because it's the closest thing i've ever seen to sorcery...

I just noticed that.. look at the zoomed up image on the back... the new one (after the "filter" has been applied) has new details... i higly doubt taht's just a filter - unless it's one of those filters from tv shows... you know.. the magic ones...

I'd say the original sprites did went through a filter, but were touched up after... there's no way a filter could do all of that by itself.

kof94 looks better than KOF XI... OH TEH NOES
ss05.jpg

Tekken 4 REALLY sucked, and 5 wasnt too good either. SC VF, and Tech Romancer are all that stand between 3D fighters an oblivion!

MrAngryFace said:
Tekken 4 REALLY sucked, and 5 wasnt too good either. SC VF, and Tech Romancer are all that stand between 3D fighters an oblivion!

the point is atleast 3d fighters try to change. playing vf3tb and vf4 are completely different experiances.

KingJ2002

Rain said:
What the hell... i highly doubt that's just some filter applied...

If so, they should patent and sell that, because it's the closest thing i've ever seen to sorcery...

I just noticed that.. look at the zoomed up image on the back... the new one (after the "filter" has been applied) has new details... i higly doubt taht's just a filter - unless it's one of those filters from tv shows... you know.. the magic ones...

I'd say the original sprites did went through a filter, but were touched up after... there's no way a filter could do all of that by itself.

kof94 looks better than KOF XI... OH TEH NOES
ss05.jpg

yea... they were re-touched (faces & details to clothing) by they used the filter to make them smoother and suitable for high res. The problem with rebout is that even though the characters are re-touched and what not... the sprites still animate horribly (by today standards) so they were certainly NOT re-drawn.

KOF XI sprites are animated very well (not as good as MOTW or SF3 or even AOF 3)... if they used the high res filter for the characters it would please alot of fans looking for high res 2D from SNK.

Gantz

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
the point is atleast 3d fighters try to change. playing vf3tb and vf4 are completely different experiances.

Same crappy designed character models and boring gameplay = experiences :lol

Sapiens

Gantz said:
Same crappy designed character models and boring gameplay = experiences :lol

I'm assuming you never bothered to learn how to play VF. Because that's the only way you would be able to bash it.

VF is right up there with the best 2D fighters.

Gantz

Banned
Sapienshomo said:
I'm assuming you never bothered to learn how to play VF. Because that's the only way you would be able to bash it.

VF is right up there with the best 2D fighters.

I actually enjoyed VF2 but after that the series went downhill like Mortal Kombat.

KingJ2002

Rain said:
This is a KOF thread, so i must say...

legendary2mr.jpg

your avatar kicks ass...

thanks... it's terry bogard drawn by falcoon... before he started working with SNKP.

as for this 2D / 3D debate it's like Spazbiohaz said... 2D is an art form just like 3D... there is more than enough room for both to co-exist and even have a kid known as 2.5D.

the difference between 2D and 3D fighters IMO is all the action that goes on in the screen and how long it takes to make a game.

capcom themselves said that for every 2D game they make from scratch they can make three 3D titles. So it's not as easy as people think.

plus for some reason IMO... it's alot more fun to play a fast paced 2D fighter like marvel vs. capcom 2 over tekken 5 simply because the game is really action packed and fast.

only 3d fighter that comes close to all the action that a 2D fighter can bring is DOA... but everyone says the series sucks so it doesnt count...lol... j/p

SNK should prepare for next gen by retouching their sprites and making their games support higher resolutions... same with capcom (if they still want street fighter 4 in 2D)

re-touch the KOF sprites
re-touch the MOTW sprites
re-touch the Last Blade sprites

and even though i think samurai showdown should make a permenent move to 3D (to take on soul calibur) if SNK wants to keep the series in 2D the next game must be high res.

i think it's the only way console ports will be possible. I doubt even microsoft (with their HD-Era push) will accept SNK games if they keep the low res sprites.

KingJ2002 said:
thanks... it's terry bogard drawn by falcoon... before he started working with SNKP.

as for this 2D / 3D debate it's like Spazbiohaz said... 2D is an art form just like 3D... there is more than enough room for both to co-exist and even have a kid known as 2.5D.

the difference between 2D and 3D fighters IMO is all the action that goes on in the screen and how long it takes to make a game.

capcom themselves said that for every 2D game they make from scratch they can make three 3D titles. So it's not as easy as people think.

plus for some reason IMO... it's alot more fun to play a fast paced 2D fighter like marvel vs. capcom 2 over tekken 5 simply because the game is really action packed and fast.

only 3d fighter that comes close to all the action that a 2D fighter can bring is DOA... but everyone says the series sucks so it doesnt count...lol... j/p

SNK should prepare for next gen by retouching their sprites and making their games support higher resolutions... same with capcom (if they still want street fighter 4 in 2D)

re-touch the KOF sprites
re-touch the MOTW sprites
re-touch the Last Blade sprites

and even though i think samurai showdown should make a permenent move to 3D (to take on soul calibur) if SNK wants to keep the series in 2D the next game must be high res.

i think it's the only way console ports will be possible. I doubt even microsoft (with their HD-Era push) will accept SNK games if they keep the low res sprites.

HAve you played capcom 3d fighters? no wonder that they can pump out 3 of those turds before 1 2d game from scratch

when was the last time capcom on snk actually made a decent 2d fighter from scratch?

You mentioned MvC2 as being a good 2d fighter?

Doa?

WTF?!

Rain

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
You mentioned MvC2 as being a good 2d fighter?

I swear, people that diss MvC2 either don't know how to play it or suck horribly at it...

marvel vs capcom 2 was the last best 2d capcom fighter - better than any of this snk vs capcom bullshit.

Yes, i get that the combo system is a little cheesy.... but so what, i've played the entire alpha/vs series and i don't know one single combo sequence - thus, i have a blast playing it.

people that only play using combos do usually kick my ass left and right (because combos suck)... they now and then i can beat them and they go like: WTF DUDE YOU DIDN'T EVEN USE ONE COMBO...

comboless vs games = teh funs

MvC2 falls aparts once anyone gets even Semi Decent at the game and figures out which characters and which moves totally BREAK the game.

shuri

Banned
I rented King of Fighter Maniax tonight and I must say I've been really enjoying it. I love how batshit fast and flashy it is. The fighting engine is really fun. Too bad the game is 54$CAN! For gods sake SNK, fighting games are dying, stop fucking us over!

Pachinko

Yeah it looks to me like KOF 94 rebout simply took every sprite and ran it through a filter and then each frame of each sprite was touched up slightly to look good at that new resolution and have a proper outline and such, instead of just looking oversized and washed out like those KOF XI pics.

I'm gonna try and do a Mai Shiranue sprite.... just one frame of it or something to see if I can get that to look right.

if they aren't going to go highres i'd atleast like to see better animation and no the minor 1 or 2 frames but atleast like Garou or SF3.

Top Bottom