• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear X2 Slash & King Of Fighters XI Screens

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Naked Shuriken said:
I rented King of Fighter Maniax tonight and I must say I've been really enjoying it. I love how batshit fast and flashy it is. The fighting engine is really fun. Too bad the game is 54$CAN! For gods sake SNK, fighting games are dying, stop fucking us over!

It's pretty fun, but wait until you get on Live and get destroyed by the Kyo/Lien/Iori/K'/Seth players who will do 75% damage combos to you should you hit the ground and not roll.

anotheriori said:
if they aren't going to go highres i'd atleast like to see better animation and no the minor 1 or 2 frames but atleast like Garou or SF3.

The high res games look even worse when it comes to animated; GGXX looks so damn pretty, but really needs a boost in its animation quality.

But I agree; give us at least MOTW level animation.

G-Fex

These games look really awesome.

But what gets to me is why the heck did they take kyo's punches away? Damnit that's all he had for combos!

KingJ2002

Kabuki Waq said:
HAve you played capcom 3d fighters? no wonder that they can pump out 3 of those turds before 1 2d game from scratch

when was the last time capcom on snk actually made a decent 2d fighter from scratch?

You mentioned MvC2 as being a good 2d fighter?

Doa?

WTF?!

of course i've played capcom's 3D fighters.... rivals schools is pretty good, powerstone and tech romancer are great, now star gladiator and street fighter ex... suck IMO

i believe the last time capcom made a good 2D fighter from scratch was capcom vs. snk 2... by todays standards... after cvs had it's run... someone thought CFE would be a good idea... which it was.... just poor execution.

as for snk... kof 2003 was pretty damn good, ngbc is also turning out to be another good fighter... so there you have it.

i mentioned the fast paced action of MVSC2 as being something only a 2D fighter can pull off... 3D fighters tend to move slower... only 3D fighter that is as fast paced as a 2D fighter is DOA.

and MVSC2 is a good fighter... just broken because of the vast amount of infinites in the game.

G-Fex

mostly everyone likes MvC2 is because it's a button masher with easy combos and lots of characters with big infinite finishers.

basically it's "I challenge my infinite skills against yours" Sidse that the animation is smooth for a lot of reused sprites but that's all I hear from everyone when talking competitvely is Marvel marvel marvel, never SF3 or KOF, sadly.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The last **completely original** games from Capcom and SNK were Street Fighter III, JoJo's, and Garou MOTW. Capcom Vs. SNK and Neo-Geo Battle Colliseum may have new sprites, but there's still plenty of old stuff thrown in.

It's been five years since Garou came out; it's way past time for one of these companies to make something BRAND NEW ALREADY.

Rain said:
What the hell... i highly doubt that's just some filter applied...

If so, they should patent and sell that, because it's the closest thing i've ever seen to sorcery...

I just noticed that.. look at the zoomed up image on the back... the new one (after the "filter" has been applied) has new details... i higly doubt taht's just a filter - unless it's one of those filters from tv shows... you know.. the magic ones...

I'd say the original sprites did went through a filter, but were touched up after... there's no way a filter could do all of that by itself.

kof94 looks better than KOF XI... OH TEH NOES
ss05.jpg

It looks like they used a high res filtering technique and then touched up the characters' faces.

And trust me, don't use those KOF XI screenshots as a comparison; unless they really changed something from KOF Neowave, it will look a lot sharper when you actually see the game in motion.

As good as KOF '94 Rebout looks (and LOOKS only...it still animates like '94 :p), I still think that KOF 2003 on PS2 looks the best overall. KOF Neowave PS2 is looking even better.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Rain said:
What the hell... i highly doubt that's just some filter applied...

If so, they should patent and sell that, because it's the closest thing i've ever seen to sorcery...
Never heard of hq2x or scale2x?

MoxManiac

Actually, I'm pretty pyshced for KOF XI, because they finally put in DUCK KING after how many fucking years of fans asking?

Top Bottom