• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Multiplayer is out NOW

Kev Kev

When I'm going 24-10 in slayer and we lose because someone else went 3-20…
30r1af.jpg

Concern

How far have people progressed with the Battle Pass? I’m level 22 at the moment.

Im only level 27. Have about 30 hours played more or less.

Hate how long it takes for new challenges to pop up sometimes. Did all my available challenges yesterday minus one and more never popped up.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Im only level 27. Have about 30 hours played more or less.

Hate how long it takes for new challenges to pop up sometimes. Did all my available challenges yesterday minus one and more never popped up.
Not had that issue yet pal, luckily mine have always switched out immediately after I’ve completed them.

Only got 2 more weeklys to complete this week. Luckily I’ve had good challenges (play BTB, play quick play, play ranked, get headshots, get kills etc).

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
80 hours in and I'm still discovering new medals. Today it's BOOM BLOCK. Few days ago I had WINDSHIED WHIPER but I have no idea what you need to do to get it.

5IkrLKw.jpg

Papacheeks

Banned
Sorry, maybe I haven't been clear. I was responding to the original statement that spin turning was easier on a controller because all you had to do was hold right.

I'm stating that using a mouse on PC allows the PC user advantages against a controller due to the mechanical limitations of the controller coupled with the relatively low maximum sensitivity settings for the controller sticks / axis in Halo Infinite specifically. Halo Infinite does not restrict the turn rate via the mouse to the maximum they've instilled for a controller with their sensitivity settings. It's possible - using a mouse - to melee through a controller opponent, turn on a dime, and melee the controller opponent again before they can turn to face you.

On halo there is no advantage outside of being able to turn around quicker when it comes to Mous/KB. Thats the issue a lot of PC players including myself are actually having is the huge advantage Console/Controller players have right now.

And there is no fix for console sticky aim and wont be for PC players.

It has been tested and shown with tons of evidence of how bad the aiming is on PC with Mouse/KB vs controller.

Please stop with the hyperbole BS. There's even people using CHronus Zen which is basically cheating and hard to detect on console servers.

Concern

Not had that issue yet pal, luckily mine have always switched out immediately after I’ve completed them.

Only got 2 more weeklys to complete this week. Luckily I’ve had good challenges (play BTB, play quick play, play ranked, get headshots, get kills etc).

Yea I've knocked em all out but one. That's all on my list. I find it impossible I did all my weeklys yesterday but one lol.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Bots shouldn't be dropping into Social Slayer matches when someone quits. Giving the other team 17 free kills is not cool.
Dropping bots in objective modes is fine, I guess - but not slayer.
I'd prefer Bots in both. Lopsided teams is never fun.

Naked Lunch

There is basically no counter to having a bot on your team in slayer though. Its a free 15+ kills to the enemy team.
Usually in Halo, the team with only 3 players have a slight advantage in slayer if they play smart. Less targets for one team (less chances to score), more for the other.

Now for objective modes you completly are screwed with less players - so ide still keep the bots there.

Last edited:

Concern

There is basically no counter to having a bot on your team in slayer though. Its a free 15+ kills to the enemy team.
Usually in Halo, the team with only 3 players have a slight advantage in slayer if they play smart. Less targets for one team (less chances to score), more for the other.

Now for objective modes you completly are screwed with less players - so ide still keep the bots there.

Yup. I just back out now when a bot is put on my team. Fuckin bots going 0 - 9, 1 - 15, or whatever is a joke.

At least when Gears had bots, they were insanity difficulty and would take your head off if they had a sniper or boltok lol. There was nothing sweet about those bots 🤣🤣

Mr.ODST

I played a few big team matches last night.. perfect chaos. love it

Well you must be good enough to hang with them, otherwise they probably won't play with you lol that's a very quick progression..

Seems like controller is the way to go up at the higher levels of play.

That's because they really nailed the gameplay and feel of the game. Its obviously not perfect, but its an amazing foundation to work with.. hopefully they continue to listen to players and improve it further.

I'm still struggling with the fact that I don't need to go look for health and armor or weapons.. its very strange for me since in Quake you have to take care of all that on the fly.
My friends switched to controller and they are performing much better, while I'm decent with M&K I fail hard on Halo

MrFunSocks

Banned
You can see your ping. But I sure that you already know that.

What you could do is load up gears 5 or halo mcc, take a note of the pings that they display on the server selection menu, then compare them with the ping that you get
Seems I either get ~40 or ~130, so looks like some matches are in Australia and some are in Asia going by the region and pings in pubg

MrFunSocks

Banned
Won 5 ranked matches in a row last night and didn't move up a single bit. Not just didn't move up to another rank, the xp bar didn't even move. Seems I'll be stuck on Diamond 1 forever since they're just giving me no opportunity to move up.

Hendrick's

I think they just need to make them more challenging.

Banned

you are literally at a bigger disadvantage if you have 3 players + 1 bot vs 4 players than 3 players vs 4 players.

in Slayer it's all about killing and surviving. a bot can be kill farmed by the enemy team because bots are stupid as fuck. therefore every bot on your team is a burden not a help

IDappa

Won 5 ranked matches in a row last night and didn't move up a single bit. Not just didn't move up to another rank, the xp bar didn't even move. Seems I'll be stuck on Diamond 1 forever since they're just giving me no opportunity to move up.
It's based off your performance mostly. I've found that if I win and my kd is good I'll go up a significant amount and if I lose but go well I won't lose any. How it works most of the time anyway.

MrFunSocks

Banned
It's based off your performance mostly. I've found that if I win and my kd is good I'll go up a significant amount and if I lose but go well I won't lose any. How it works most of the time anyway.
Not that then as I'm going consistently positive KDA and 1-2 finish on the scoreboard.

Also interesting that one of the guys I play with is also on Series X and his team lists page shows the team MMR but mine doesn't.

IDappa

Not that then as I'm going consistently positive KDA and 1-2 finish on the scoreboard.

Also interesting that one of the guys I play with is also on Series X and his team lists page shows the team MMR but mine doesn't.
Yeah I don't think it is consistent it's just what I've noticed when I go up in rank.

The only place I've seen the team mmr is the after match report and you go to the team line up tab.

Hendrick's

you are literally at a bigger disadvantage if you have 3 players + 1 bot vs 4 players than 3 players vs 4 players.

in Slayer it's all about killing and surviving. a bot can be kill farmed by the enemy team because bots are stupid as fuck. therefore every bot on your team is a burden not a help
Yeah I get it. I mostly play BTB, but I think they could work in Slayer if they made them more challenging.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Yeah I don't think it is consistent it's just what I've noticed when I go up in rank.

The only place I've seen the team mmr is the after match report and you go to the team line up tab.
Yeah it's not there for me but is for him, sent each other photos of the screen on our tvs and it's just not there on mine unfortunately. Seems most of the matches we were getting put against teams with about 100-150 lower MMR - 1350ish vs 1200ish. Probably plays a part in not moving up when we win.

Also yeh bots in slayer are garbage. Had one go 0-15 yesterday lol. We only lost by 3 :(

Last edited:

IDappa

Yeah it's not there for me but is for him, sent each other photos of the screen on our tvs and it's just not there on mine unfortunately. Seems most of the matches we were getting put against teams with about 100-150 lower MMR - 1350ish vs 1200ish. Probably plays a part in not moving up when we win.
Yeah I would assume that would be taken into account. Last night one of the games I played so-so but in the end we won and I went up about 12 mmr, turns out the other team was quite a bit higher than ours.

Banned
Yeah I get it. I mostly play BTB, but I think they could work in Slayer if they made them more challenging.

it's really hard to balance bots in a multiplayer game IMO. make them too weak and they literally tank your whole team, make them too strong and the enemy team will be pissed that you have an aimbotting AI.

you can't really win either way.

I had matches in Halo 3 where it was 3 vs 5 because 2 people left my team, and we still dominated because ultimately it's all about being good at killing people, and in casual lobbies the teams are rarely well enough coordinated to actually profit from the manpower advantage.

in stuff like CTF or Oddball a bot can be helpful in terms of distracting the enemy or shooting them and help do damage from time to time, but in Slayer they should never be there IMO. I have seen people screenshot their score board with bots in them, and you see like 0 Kills 15 Deaths in a slayer match, and that is just completely destroying your team at that point.

Also yeh bots in slayer are garbage. Had one go 0-15 yesterday lol. We only lost by 3 :(

Yes they dynamically calculate higher vs lower in your ranking up or down etc. I have no desire to grind that way. I enjoy BR starts but not the maps or modes of ranked, so I don't bother playing it really.

Bots suck in slayer. We found a tactic that works but it makes for a really boring game if you want to still win. Just follow your bot off its spawn, they're bait and you get easy kills while reducing their negative performance.

Banned
I got my first running wild medal (15 kills in one life)
Well I got 17 before dying, in big team battle too surprisingly, a mode I'm not too great at usually.

as said in the post above, it's Running Riot... but I mean... i want a Running Wild medal now, and every time you get one this starts playing lol:

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
Yes they dynamically calculate higher vs lower in your ranking up or down etc. I have no desire to grind that way. I enjoy BR starts but not the maps or modes of ranked, so I don't bother playing it really.

Bots suck in slayer. We found a tactic that works but it makes for a really boring game if you want to still win. Just follow your bot off its spawn, they're bait and you get easy kills while reducing their negative performance.
I just can't stand all the players leaving and bots filling of social, and also yeah the BR starts are my jam haha. Social just isn't for me at this stage in Infinite.

Is it weird that I found Ranked to be easier than normal quick play? I absolutely killed it my first night in ranked. Idk, maybe I just need stiffer competition because that BR fitted like a glove in slayer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom