• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Multiplayer is out NOW

twilo99

Played some quick and ranked with 3 friends on xbox last night.. good times! The core gameplay is really solid.

That gamebar thing on windows comes in handy for joining xbox parties and such, being on PC kind of feels like you are part of the xbox "ecosystem"

twilo99

There is a new driver from Amd heavily focused on Halo. I installed it after using DDU. I'm not having crashes since and it improved game's performance. No one in here seems to have crashes but maybe this will help someone:).

Downloading now. I've had one crash since launch but I'll take any improvement!

343 need to optimize the game too tho.. its really weird that top end GPUs are struggling considering how the game looks, not that it looks bad, but it ain't flight sim or something. Also, it works much better on the X|S than on PC..

Last edited:

DragonNCM

Las few days gameplay is improved. Players playing more organized around objectives & in team globally.
First week was damn clown fiesta.

clarky

Gold Member
Holy fuck the Halo reddit is fucking dumpster fire. Down right rude and nasty with zero respect for the developers. You can tell in some of 343's responses they are getting pissed off. First progression, now playlist outrage. I guarantee once this crisis is over it'll just be something else like customization or the shop that they will turn their vitriol onto. Criticism is perfectly fine, and warranted some cases so things can be fixed or adjusted.

Fucking cunts should be ashamed, its a videogame.

twilo99

There is a new driver from Amd heavily focused on Halo. I installed it after using DDU. I'm not having crashes since and it improved game's performance. No one in here seems to have crashes but maybe this will help someone:).

Ok, the game runs so much better with the latest AMD driver... so that was the issues this whole time. Amazing.

I'm getting solid 165 FPS with my 6800x and that's still on "fullscreen borderless"

Bravo MS and AMD

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Hey guys,

Looking for a little group to crew around with in all the mp modes. I won't chat on mic much but I'm a team player.

Add my Id: ManOfBart or respond here and I'll try to be helpful to your squad.

Last edited:

MastAndo

I'm a very mediocre player, but even I know it's bananas to just walk right by power weapons and items. I mean, active camo for one is basically at least a couple of the easiest kills you'll ever get if you nab it undetected. I "get" ignoring the objective because you just want to shoot shit, but this I don't get.

VAVA Mk2

Holy fuck the Halo reddit is fucking dumpster fire. Down right rude and nasty with zero respect for the developers. You can tell in some of 343's responses they are getting pissed off. First progression, now playlist outrage. I guarantee once this crisis is over it'll just be something else like customization or the shop that they will turn their vitriol onto. Criticism is perfectly fine, and warranted some cases so things can be fixed or adjusted.

I feel bad for Ske7ch

twilo99

I wonder if nvidia is going to do something similar with their drivers as well to get the maximum performance out of the game. This whole time I thought it was weird, but I really expected the performance boost to come from the game developers and not AMDs team.

Must be something to do with DirectX maybe, I dunno, but to unlock this kind of performance with a driver update is pretty cool.

Batiman

Banned
I feel like the little desert map ( can’t remember the name) should have 2 mongooses on it. One for each side to add another option at stealing the flag. Could add a little chaos in the outside desert space. I feel like sometimes it’s hard to break the stalemate and that might add more options. Maybe even a turret on each side on those high ledges. I don’t think the mongoose would add too much of advantage either. Would probably hard to pull off an escape with one.

Last edited:

elliot5

I feel like the little desert map ( can’t remember the name) should have 2 mongooses on it. One for each side to add another option at stealing the flag. Could add a little chaos in the outside desert space. I feel like sometimes it’s hard to break the stalemate and that might add more options. Maybe even a turret on each side on those high ledges. I don’t think the mongoose would add too much of advantage either. Would probably hard to pull off an escape with one.
Im pretty sure there are mongoose on Behemoth..

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I

Soon people will start crying about completing the battle pass too quickly.

Last edited:

DoomGyver

Well to be fair longtime halo fans are used to a load of game modes and free customization. Infinite is bare bones. 6 years.

6 years. Infinite should be on the scale of gta v, maybe it will be. But if the campaign is in a similar shape as the multiplayer… o boy.

I’m not defending the assholes who are threatening 343.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Ok so now with the “progression” simply being “play 7 matches a day to go up 1 level”, can I just ask what is even the point of the “progression”? Since people don’t seem to want to actually do challenges, would people just prefer they got rid of the levels and challenges and just unlocked all 100 things as soon as you buy the battle pass?

Like now it’s literally just play 7 games every day that you want to go up 1 level. You don’t need to win, you don’t need to do well, in fact you don’t even need to shoot a bullet. 1 level a day. If there’s literally zero skill needed, just time, why waste everyone’s time and instead just let us pay for the full pack of unlockables? The flame shoulders for examples aren’t a sign of skill anymore, they’re just a sign of number of matches played.

Awesome. 2 placement matches where it’s 4-3. Fucking stupid
I had one ranked match where it stuck me on a 3vs4 but looking at the players after the match me and the rest of my team were ranked considerably higher than the team with 4 players (and we won slayer by quite a margin despite being short handed). I think it will simply make uneven teams if the skill gulf is too big or it can’t find enough people of a similar skill level fast enough.

Last edited:
have they fixed hit detection yet? i was having fun until i was firing a billion bullets into people and still dying. stopped playing until a fix

Holy fuck reddit is fucking dumpster fire.

ftfy. when it comes to gaming i tend to sub to lowsodium subreddits over the normal. the worst ones are Destiny and Cyberpunk.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned

You have to understand 343 has ducked up mcc, halo 4-5 content. And now releases a game without campaign co-op, forge, now non working play lists. I would not be mad if we don’t see new maps until next year. But playlists makes or breaks MP. You want to choose to play what you like.
Playlists makes it so everyone can be happy.

This game was given an entire extra year, and released in this state shows how fucked developing it has been.

At this point bring more OG bungie devs back that know halo.

Honestly next few months will make or break. They were literally handed a best case scenario where no one is buying cod or battlefield this year.
People are assholes for sure, ignore those. But people being fed up and disappointed especially if you see that they are same people playing halo:mcc, is totally warranted in not being happy in how 343 has handled this IP for almost past 10 years.

clarky

Gold Member
You have to understand 343 has ducked up mcc, halo 4-5 content. And now releases a game without campaign co-op, forge, now non working play lists. I would not be mad if we don’t see new maps until next year. But playlists makes or breaks MP. You want to choose to play what you like.
Playlists makes it so everyone can be happy.

This game was given an entire extra year, and released in this state shows how fucked developing it has been.

At this point bring more OG bungie devs back that know halo.

Honestly next few months will make or break. They were literally handed a best case scenario where no one is buying cod or battlefield this year.
People are assholes for sure, ignore those. But people being fed up and disappointed especially if you see that they are same people playing halo:mcc, is totally warranted in not being happy in how 343 has handled this IP for almost past 10 years.
They are literally adding 3more playlist in the next couple of weeks, taking a break them adding more after the holidays. The campaign comes out in a couple of days. The game is totally fine, yet some people want 343's head on a spike because they can't play slayer 24/7. They explained why this is but it's still not enough for them. In a game they have payed zero dollars for.

They also said they talked about delaying the single player but it is ready to go so they decided to realise it now and patch in co-op when it's ready, I know I'd rather be playing it on Wednesday rather than waiting.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
They are literally adding 3more playlist in the next couple of weeks, taking a break them adding more after the holidays. The campaign comes out in a couple of days. The game is totally fine, yet some people want 343's head on a spike because they can't play slayer 24/7. They explained why this is but it's still not enough for them. In a game they have payed zero dollars for.

They also said they talked about delaying the single player but it is ready to go so they decided to realise it now and patch in co-op when it's ready, I know I'd rather be playing it on Wednesday rather than waiting.
I’d rather have a complete game. It boggles the mind with all the issues with players getting temp bans because game crashes mid match. Game crashes constantly for all my friends. I understand it’s a beta, but they did multiple flights?

Also custom playlists have not even worked since launch of MP.

so faith in this is low for a lot.

I think honestly you are right in people acting a little overboard for something that’s free. But honestly I think it’s a lot of fans sick of 343’s handling of halo.

So I think a lot is riding on this needing to get it right. And coming in this state and in pieces for forge/co-op being May 2022. Doesn’t add to confidence that infinite is different situation from halo 5/mcc.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

Just tells how much the monetization and progression is ass

That thread has been titiled wrongly. The subreddit was closed because some of the posters started doxxing and sending death threats to 343i community managers. Some of the playlist changes will come out this month but not on December 8 because 343i team is taking a break. This got some people to shouting insults saying "this should be day 1".

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
I’d rather have a complete game. It boggles the mind with all the issues with players getting temp bans because game crashes mid match. Game crashes constantly for all my friends. I understand it’s a beta, but they did multiple flights?

Also custom playlists have not even worked since launch of MP.

so faith in this is low for a lot.

I think honestly you are right in people acting a little overboard for something that’s free. But honestly I think it’s a lot of fans sick of 343’s handling of halo.

So I think a lot is riding on this needing to get it right. And coming in this state and in pieces for forge/co-op being May 2022. Doesn’t add to confidence that infinite is different situation from halo 5/mcc.
Games decent, if your not happy with the content then voice your opinions in a constructive way and move on. If your not happy with the answers and come back in 6 months or a year when the game might feel like more what you where expecting. Not aiming this specifically at you btw.

Not saying the game doesn't have issues, but its going to launch in a far better state than say Destiny 1 or 2 did, and that game is probably the benchmark we should be looking which lets be honest that sets the bar very very low.

I'd also like to add I know they delayed a year but that must have been the hardest year for game development bar none, especially for a multiplayer game.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

Try r/lowsodiumhalo.

Balboa

Every time I get within one win of reaching Diamond 1 the matchmaking puts me in a borderline unwinnable game, the one time I did win it gave me zero rank points after destroying a team in slayer.

I'm not too pissed since playing solo is just an RNG farce to begin with but still...this is just stupid

Top Bottom