• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I just don't understand the need for violence... Or the WANT of it. Jews and Muslims believe in basically the same series of events as the Old Testament... With a ton added in for Islam (I'm dumbing it down) ... They should be looking at what they have in common rather than what is different. I mean we are all different and we should celebrate those things as they make us unique from each other but not so much that each side is OTHERING the other

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I just don't understand the need for violence... Or the WANT of it. Jews and Muslims believe in basically the same series of events as the Old Testament... With a ton added in for Islam (I'm dumbing it down) ... They should be looking at what they have in common rather than what is different. I mean we are all different and we should celebrate those things as they make us unique from each other but not so much that each side is OTHERING the other
For Islam much like Christianity of old, if you're not a Muslim you're a sinner and you either convert or die.

You're naive to think this is a religion of peace, where all surveys in Muslim countries show otherwise.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
That’s a big if, though, re: Taiwan.

Agreed. It's a big if, but not completely impossible.

I don't think China will go down this path, but then again I also didn't think Putin would be stupid enough to invade Ukraine, so who knows.

By global you mean just multiple wars that are occurring simultaneously throughout the world? Because each of those conflicts are entirely separate.

Also, Iran has been backing Hamas/Hezballah for decades. This isn't anything new.

These conflicts, although happening in different parts of the world, could drag in other global powers. If China went for Taiwan then the US would be dragged in. If the US take part then so will a number of her allies.

As we've seen from other global conflicts, all it takes is a spark or two to ignite the world in total war.

Gp1

There are reports that the Hamas took a military base with Merkavas and APC. Drone footage of Hamas proud of dropping grenades on ambulances...

It's beyond unbelievable that there are assholes defending what Hamas is doing. Western fault or not.

Pigenator

Yes, but ma colonizer!

I don't understand what the IDF is waiting for, but they are not taking much action.
Today's been extremely complex. IDF readiness in Gaza border was shameful due weeks of intensive terrorism in the west bank, and because of that we got ~20 israeli places completely controlled by Hamas. So, the main focus since morning (and up until now) was to regain control of those places and save the hostages.
Once they clear all places, IDF will probably focus on mobilizing a big sum of its military to the Gaza border, flatten Gaza a bit using aerial strikes and within 48 hours I assume they'll move onto ground invasion in order to rescue those that were kidnapped.

It's important to note that what happened today is completely unprecedented. We are witnessing something that nobody thought would happen, basically worst case scenario by every Israeli and complete hopelessness by people living around the Gaza border. If IDF doesn't completely annihilate Hamas after this, it will have zero credibility going forward.

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion… A lot of mankind hasn’t changed a lot since the middle ages and I think the only thing keeping us from drifting into this sort of life is law/police and abundancy of everything.

I’m pretty sure a lot of people would drift down to animalistic behaviour very fast in case shit went down. For instance, every time I see or hear about someone laughing when someone else gets seriously hurt I can’t help but wonder what this person would be capable of given the right circumstances…

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
This is damn horrifying and tragic.

But wooooow, there are places in the US where driving around in a truck with clear overwatch from apartments around you is gonna end badly. All these camera shots of hamas stalking the streets but no return fire, WTF?

But wooooow, there are places in the US where driving around in a truck with clear overwatch from apartments around you is gonna end badly. All these camera shots of hamas stalking the streets but no return fire, WTF?
I am actually also surprised as I thought in Israel most of the people served in the military and even have guns at home.

He cant Give much more, it’s nap time.

"I call upon all nations. We must stop those terror killers. Thank you! Now watch this dream"

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
This is damn horrifying and tragic.

Only 2% gun ownership in Israel. You can only have a pistol and 50 rounds total, but most don't exercise that right.

Americans would salivate at being on the receiving end of an attack like this, tbh.

a2oDrCO.gif

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

I agree. We should all just get along. Think of how advanced we'd be if we stopped wasting lives, money and resources on killing eachother over religion or arbitrary lines drawn on a map. However, I don't think that future will ever exist.

Religion, land, power, it doesn't matter the reason for the divide. We've always found an excuse to inflict pain and volience upon each other. Humans can be compassionate and empathetic, but we're also very volient and tribal by nature.

GladiusFrog

Unpopular opinion… A lot of mankind hasn’t changed a lot since the middle ages and I think the only thing keeping us from drifting into this sort of life is law/police and abundancy of everything.

I’m pretty sure a lot of people would drift down to animalistic behaviour very fast in case shit went down. For instance, every time I see or hear about someone laughing when someone else gets seriously hurt I can’t help but wonder what this person would be capable of given the right circumstances…
This 💯.

"Civilization is like a thin layer of ice upon a deep ocean of chaos and darkness."
-Werner Herzog

Musashipan

Sorta related to the topic.

I've started watching The Chosen TV show about Jesus, I'm not catholic or Christian but the possibility that someone like Jesus existed always fascinated me. Since then I'm trying to understand the antisemitism. Does it root back from when Jesus was persecuted by the Pharisees?

Vognerful

Hamas is the elected government of Palestine.

I know someone brought more context to this, but the last time there was any elections in Gaza was in 2005 or 2006, and immediately afterwards the government split between west bank and Gaza. From the Palestinian perspectives, it was either Hamas or Fatah. Since then, Hamas ruled Gaza like any other dictatorship.

There is widespread support for terrorism, violence, and the eradication of Israel within the Palestinian population. You see it everywhere, including from Palestinians abroad where no one can be “strong-armed.” It’s a difficult pill to swallow if you think people are by default good-natured, but the reality of the situation is that the Palestinian people by and large aren’t interested in peaceful coexistence with their own sovereign state, only death and destruction.
While you can always find videos of Palestinians and Israelis wishing and celebrating death on each other, are we going to pretend how this conflict is radicalizing many people in both sides? At the same time, most people who prefer to live peacefully with each other are not loud and scream everywhere about it. (I will admit though I had my share of Palestinians in the west who still refuse to work with other Israelis or jews)
This has to mark the end of fucking Netanyahu. How the IDF failed to see this coming must speak to the way the government of Israel is being run. This would not have happened this way in previous years. The Israelis have always done a very good job of pre-empting this kind of attack. Something has broken very badly.
Nah, I heard people say that this will be his golden opportunity to consolidate power and let people forget how he tried to kill democracy.
Great job Hamas. Just when the tide was turning and people were starting to see Israel Defense Force as war criminals, you went ahead and threw away all the good will by mudering civilians in cold blood. probably the biggest terrorist attack since 9/11. if not bigger. i wouldnt be surprised if the civilian death toll from this indiscriminate shooting is in the thousands.

this will result in the probably 100k Palestinian deaths. and around a million new terrorist recruits for hamas. the cycle will continue for the next hundred years.

Israel wont forget this. Everyone in gaza is fucked. This is why you dont elect terrorists as your govt. the Palestinians have no one but themselves to blame.

Fear and intimidation, it's a slight attempt at getting the population of Israel to reject its current nationalist government and force them to accept their demands.

Of course that won't happen. Palestine doesn't have the technology, military intelligence, manpower or co-ordination to take on an actual military like Israel, so any amount of death or fear they can inflict on Isreal and its population will suffice from their view; military or civilian.

Israel will inevitably pound them into the ground, world leaders will call for peace and a cease fire and it'll calm down again for abit.

Israel will go back to its usual shit of encouraging hardline orthodox Jews to settle in Palestinian land offering them protection, rousing the locals and denying access to holy sites and generally just plain making Palestinian lives miserable. While Hamas will go back to its usual shit of firing off rockets every other day into Israel.

The whole things a clusterfuck. All this is going to do is get more civilians killed which in turn will turn friends and relatives into more hardline opponents of the other.
It really pisses me of knowing that every time Hamas pulls this shit, we get more Palestinian casualties, less rights, less freedom of movements, less economy and more unemployment.

I had the chance to talk to my Dad when he visited the US (he lives in Nablus) and I asked him really how do you feel about living with Israelis or the 2 state solution. He told me that people are fed up with all the escalation, they really don't mind living or working together, and just want to move on. It just that there are many groups don't want that and they benefit from the status quo.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member

This is tame compared to some of the footage I’ve seen on telegram today. Horrifying. RIP to all those innocents who have lost their lives today and to all the terrorist cunts who did this, hope you’re ready to get fucked up.

Fate worse than death in store for this poor girl, unfortunately.
I wouldn't say that, if she's alive she can be rescued, I doubt her family and friends are looking at that footage thinking "well she's better off dead now"; a terrible fate is in store for her indeed, but worse than death? No.

near

Gold Member
This is tame compared to some of the footage I’ve seen on telegram today. Horrifying. RIP to all those innocents who have lost their lives today and to all the terrorist cunts who did this, hope you’re ready to get fucked up.
Most of what I've seen circulating online is pretty distressing. Even though that clip is moderate, I think many people would find it to be hard to stomach, so I spoiler tagged it. It's all really unfortunate.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Most of what I've seen circulating online is pretty distressing. Even though that clip is moderate, I think many people would find it to be hard to stomach, so I spoiler tagged it. It's all really unfortunate.
Absolutely and I respect that, not meaning to belittle it at all. A lot of really distressing videos coming out.

sinnergy

How many Israeli people have to die before they get some support? I wonder what the US will do. Send some troops
Why? Israel hardly helps the Ukraine. To be honest . And now they have shit themselves everyone should help?I think Israel can handle this themselves, they are far more advanced.

On top of this it is complicated , as basically the world decided that Israel could take that land (back ) 70 or so years ago.. but it’s not working out great.

Last edited:

Pigenator

I am also curious how the arabs living in Israel are reacting to this event.
Depends. Some Arabs for some dumbass reason still think they're palestinian (but enjoy all the benefits of being Israeli citizens ofc) and fully support Hamas and the killing of Israeli jews. Some are genuinely peaceful and just want this to be over.

Elysion

Banned
0iYSqbc.jpg

“Why can’t everyone just get along, man. We’re all just made of stardust, man…”

Some people just can’t comprehend that for others, some things are worth dying for. This map should tell you that this conflict will never be over, not unless one group has been expelled from from this territory entirely. The Palestinian’s are in no position to get rid of the Israelis, no matter how much they want to, and the Israelis can’t do it to the Palestinians either without becoming a total pariah state. Therefore this will go on forever.

Btw, I would be skeptical of any internet videos showing any alleged massacres or whatever. We saw the same during the Ukraine war, where lots of footage that was being spread around turned out to be either years old (like from the Donbass war prior to 2020), or from conflicts in different parts of the world (like the Syria war). I’ve no doubt that there will be lots of mis- and disinformation being spread around the internet regarding this war too. Israel has a whole online infowar department, and Hamas will probably have its own operations going on, probably with the support of their Iranian and Russian allies.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Why? Israel hardly helps the Ukraine. To be honest . And now they have shit themselves everyone should help?I think Israel can handle this themselves, they are far more advanced.

On top of this it is complicated , as basically the world decided that Israel could take that land (back ) 70 or so years ago.. but it’s not working out great.
I’m not super religious, but I believe Israel and the Jews are God’s chosen people. I feel that, if that’s to be said, that there is an obligation when they’re having so many acts of terrorism. I don’t exactly follow a particular religion because of their views on people. As far as the deal is with the Ukraine, that is over my head. Israel is a huge tech center of the world, so I also don’t know what they have to fight back.

VN1X

Banned
Ah my post that was just a Jimmy Dore youtube vid (fit for YT but not GAF?) was deleted so I'm out.

Enjoy this thread! Putting it on ignore myself as it's just going to be an echo chamber.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
0iYSqbc.jpg

“Why can’t everyone just get along, man. We’re all just made of stardust, man…”

Some people just can’t comprehend that for others, some things are worth dying for. This map should tell you that this conflict will never be over, not unless one group has been expelled from from this territory entirely. The Palestinian’s are in no position to get rid of the Israelis, no matter how much they want to, and the Israelis can’t do it to the Palestinians either without becoming a total pariah state. Therefore this will go on forever.

Btw, I would be skeptical of any internet videos showing any alleged massacres or whatever. We saw the same during the Ukraine war, where lots of footage that was being spread around turned out to be either years old (like from the Donbass war prior to 2020), or from conflicts in different parts of the world (like the Syria war). I’ve no doubt that there will be lots of mis- and disinformation being spread around the internet regarding this war too. Israel has a whole online infowar department, and Hamas will probably have its own operations going on, probably with the support of their Iranian and Russian allies.
Do you know why there are stages to this map? you do realize the offer in 1945 gave the arabs half of the country, they refused went to war and were pushed down to what you see in '48, then another war broke and Israel conquered more territory. Should Israel just give it back because...?

Also the videos being published are actually coming from Hamas itself, not just families. This is all real but I know it's hard to believe for some people that Hamas are actual terrorists and animals like ISIS.

Top Bottom