• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harley Quinn & the Ladies of DC film in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan299

Months ahead of the opening of Suicide Squad, Warner Bros. is already contemplating a spin-off for the DC Entertainment anti-heroine, Harley Quinn.

Margot Robbie, who stars as the villainess in Suicide Squad, is attached to reprise the character and would also produce the untitled spin-off, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

But in an interesting twist, the project is not a Quinn solo movie. Rather, it would focus on several of DC’s female heroes and villains.

Details are being closely guarded but names such as Batgirl and Birds of Prey have surfaced, although in what capacity, it’s not clear. Warner Bros. isn’t commenting.

There is also a scribe penning the script but those details, too, are being kept secret, although it is known that the writer is female.

More at the Hollywood Reporter

Platy

eUbEM0F.jpg

Misha

Banned
Gotham city sirens, yes please.

This makes me excited for the direction they take her character :)
(Harley x Ivy ofc)

ryan299

Some more

Sources say that Robbie was the impetus for the project, adding that when she got the part for the movie, she dove deep into the comics to learn as much as possible on the character. In the process, she fell for DC’s female characters. She brought on the writer to help develop the project and brought it Warners, which snapped it up.

Beth Cyra

Well I'm happy that some DC women are getting love.

Will be pissed that Kate Kane will likely be ignored again despite being the best female DC has damn it,

Oh God, please be a Gotham City Sirens movie. Live-action Ivy, Harley and Selina would be amazing.

I'd love a Girl's Night Out type thing with the Birds of Prey basically stopping those three doing a crime or something intertwining their roles to have women heroes and villains.

Give me live-action Ivy/Harley dammit.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I know it wouldn't translate to film well, but man I miss BTAS Harley Quinn.

What they're using in Suicide Squad doesn't fit the Harley Quinn I know and love.

Beth Cyra

as a non comic reader, whats the best female/majority female squads in DC?

sounds like a cool idea
Kate Kane Aka Batwoman.

Amazing art, wonderful storylines and a really cool use of LBGT characters that have them be LBGT but not have it be their only character trait.

One of the best comics I've ever read.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Paul Feig to direct it? ; -)

Zack Snyder.

With slow-mo sex.

And explosions in the background.

While we see (but only if you look really closely) references to God.

Can we have Ana de Armas as Poison Avy? Never seen her act, but her and Margot Robbie...hhng.

Sheppard

Hurm. This is the female Expendables back door pilot I bet.

In any case, Birds of Prey (Oracle, Black Canary and Huntress) vs. Harley, Ivy and Catwoman?

Busty

Banned
Presumably WB are expecting Robbie's Harley Quinn to do futher Suicide Squad films, whatever this spin-off female team up film will be and perhaps make an appearance in the one of Affleck's solo Batman films too. She could become a major corner stone of the DCU moving forward.

If Warners play this right Harley Quinn could really become a mainstream cross over hit and might even have a place in the zeitgeist complimenting The Crow and Heath Ledger's Joker as the costume that terrible people repeatedly wear to Halloween parties and whose image they have tattooed all over their backs*.

* - I genuinely mean this as a huge compliment.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
There is also a scribe penning the script but those details, too, are being kept secret, although it is known that the writer is female.

I don't think she's ever written a film script, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was Gail Simone.

Slayven

Cool, just wish they pick someone other than Harley QUinn, plenty of great female dc charaacters that aren't poster children for domestic violence

One of my cousins is constantly sharing Joker and Harley memes on FB. Always dumb shit, too.

It's only going to get worse after SS comes out
What the hell kind of memes do they have? A picture of Joker choking her then another picture of the two embracing with the caption 'it isn't real love unless it's crazy'? 'When will my puddin come'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom