• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harley Quinn & the Ladies of DC film in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone remembers this

GuEGhHNh.jpg

Some will say it was terrible but I loved it

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Smart move, get the wheels turning on this as soon as possible. They know Harley Quinn is going to be the breakout of this film. Heck, she already is. I saw multiple Harley costumes based off her movie design last Halloween. LAST Halloween, when we only had like one trailer to go off.

Joker is going to be divisive. Some people will love it, some people will complain that it's not their Joker. It's what happens. But Harley is going to be huge no matter what.

I have zero interest in the DC cinematic universe (God I hate that term), but I am glad they're finally doing a female superhero movie. Marvel has made like five billion movies at this point, and it's entirely the adventures of white guys

IconGrist

I have zero interest in the DC cinematic universe (God I hate that term), but I am glad they're finally doing a female superhero movie. Marvel has made like five billion movies at this point, and it's entirely the adventures of white guys

Are you referring to this specifically? Wonder Woman comes out next year.

Mariolee

At this point there's no way Harley Quinn doesn't also show up in the Justice League movies. She's their Mystique at the moment.

I guess they feel pretty confident that the audiences will resonate with her. I'm all down for more female superheroes and villains. I hope Katana and Bee make it in.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I think this is a super idea.
Reading the article though. I don't get why WB didn't just okay the project, and ask for her to work with Paul Dini instead. The man is a fantastic writer. HQ is his character, and the poison ivy +HQ dynamic was all his idea. I don't like how WB continues to let novice (to DC) people adapt their material.

The idea is great. But unfortunately, it has the potential to have a bad ending when all is said and done.

Sesha

It's a shame Dark Universe fell through. Birds of Prey/Gotham City Sirens, the rumored Blue and Gold, and that would have made for a really interesting future line-up.

gamz

I think this is a super idea.
Reading the article though. I don't get why WB didn't just okay the project, and ask for her to work with Paul Dini instead. The man is a fantastic writer. HQ is his character, and the poison ivy +HQ dynamic was all his idea. I don't like how WB continues to let novice (to DC) people adapt their material.

The idea is great. But unfortunately, it has the potential to have a bad ending when all is said and done.

Because they really liked the concept that the unknown writer came up with.

KevinCow

Banned
I feel like it would probably be a good idea to see how Suicide Squad plays out first before getting any big ideas about spinoffs.

What if the writer is Tina Fey since she last worked with her. Let me believe...

On a side note I think this trend is starting to really gain massive momentum in the next few years. Female lead star wars movies, wonder woman, all women reboot of ghostbusters AND oceans eleven sequel, Harley quinn/birds of prey...

Marvel should really kick that captain marvel movie into high gear already or greenlight a black widow movie soon. This narrative about their reluctance over this sort of stuff will only get stronger.

Eumi

Why? They shove all the males into a Avengers movie.

Yeah and it's left the women heroes pretty much without recognition. A Harley Quin film is not The Avengers, so putting the women heroes in there could end up further keeping them out of the spotlight.

Effect

Who's the woman in the wheelchair?

Oracle aka Barbara Gordon aka Batgirl. I think this was the first time of two (the other being the game DC Universe Online) she was ever shown like this outside of the comics. Batman Beyond had her retire from being Batgirl and becoming a police officer and eventually becoming the police commissioner like her father.

Someone else mentioned it but I think they do even flashback to some of the events of The Killing Joke in one episode when discussing why she's in a wheelchair. The show is also has the first live action appearance of Harley Quinn as well.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I don't care for the characters, but make a good movie that shows female leads and female superheroes can sell and you've done a good thing.

Oracle aka Barbara Gordon aka Batgirl. I think this was the first time of two (the other being the game DC Universe Online) she was ever shown like this outside of the comics. Batman Beyond had her retire from being Batgirl and becoming a police officer and eventually becoming the police commissioner like her father.

Some else mentioned it but I think they do even flashback to some of the events of The Killing Joke in one episode when discussing why she's in a wheelchair. The show is also has the first live action appearance of Harley Quinn as well.

She was Oracle in the entire Arkham trilogy. I think there's also a flashforward episode of "The Batman" wherein she appears as Oracle.

Penguin

This seems a little premature. Let's see if Suicide Squad/her performance is any good first.

I'm pretty sure that's what they are going to do...

Remember Warner hasn't officially announced this, if they do move forward with it, I'd imagine it will be at SDCC once they start getting back general audience feedback from Suicide Squad

Blader

What if the writer is Tina Fey since she last worked with her. Let me believe...

On a side note I think this trend is starting to really gain massive momentum in the next few years. Female lead star wars movies, wonder woman, all women reboot of ghostbusters AND oceans eleven sequel, Harley quinn/birds of prey...

Marvel should really kick that captain marvel movie into high gear already or greenlight a black widow movie soon. This narrative about their reluctance over this sort of stuff will only get stronger.

Feige said they'll be announcing an actress and director for that movie by the end of the summer. Not much they can do to move the release date up much given that almost everything before it is either in production or pre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom