• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harley Quinn & the Ladies of DC film in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aly

I'm tired of Harley Quinn already and the movie ain't even out yet. That said I wouldn't mind a Birds of Prey movie, as long as it's not Batgirl and the Birds of Prey.

maxresdefault.jpg
Give it to me.

Alienous

They really are just stumbling through the dark with the DC Cinematic Universe.

But hey, if they have an idea for a film good on them.

Penguin

Yeah, I mean I too would turn down an offer from a movie star to expand your universe with one of your most popular characters.

Terrible decision!

That's what happens you don't have a Feige or even a Kinberg & Singer.

EDIT: You lose the interconnectivity of the films as well as the build-up to larger "events", but I love DC's creative risks. If you told me 5 years ago we'd get a gritty Suicide Squad film, I'd be laughing in your face. DC allowing directors to make their films with their own style could lead to some very cool movies.

Boke1879

I don't see how this movie is a bad idea or why we should take it as such. If it gives us a good movie especially with female leads I see that as a win for everyone.

The beauty about all of this is you can change and shift things as time moves on. The movie isn't out and Harley is already popular among the fans. If Margot knocks this out of the park and the movie is a decent success it would be stupid not to capitalize. Not to mention it seems Margot had a huge hand in this actually happening.

tumblr_ltjf1iRJ011qzmprzo1_500.gif

In b4 "the only reason this is happening is because women are a fad".
Is that a thing people say?
Maybe (albeit highly, highly low), if (potential BvS extended cut spoilers)
the rumors that Jena Malone plays Oracle Barbara Gordon are true. But even then we might get Stephanie.
That rumor was kicked to the curb the moment it popped up. Regardless, if we don't get Babs, we'll get Stephanie. I doubt they'll want to bother with Cassie.
Anyone remembers this

GuEGhHNh.jpg
Yup. I struggled through that show in a couple of days. Felt like an eternity. Awful goddamned show. Also takes place in the same universe as Smallville, and was eventually supposed to tie in to it.

Sesha

Give us a dedicated Bat-family movie while you're at it, DC/WB.

Good!

This might actually show this idiots in suits that superhero movies featuring women can actually sell well, and, more importantly, sell those shitty plastic toys that dictate their profits.

This might finally shut Ike Perlmutter's mouth up, considering he basically said Iron Man 3 couldn't have female villains because they don't sell toys.

He will quoting Catwoman and Elektra as indictments till his dying breath.

I say let them.

If stumbling through the dark and not having a 'feige' means not having to wait for 20 films before having TWO Female lead superhero films then fuck that

kunonabi

I'd be more excited if her Harley wasn't looking so underwhelming so far. Still, lots of cool characters they could use.

Boke1879

I can dig it. I wonder how it'd tie in to the DCEU though

Hopefully vaguely kinda like SS is. You can keep the movies like WW, JL1 and 2, Flash and Aquaman the connected movies.

Suicide Squad obviously ties into this universe, but I don't think it'll overtly reference everything. It'll most likely be it's own thing and it could very well spawn it's own thing. As evidenced by this news. If anything I expect SS to tie more so into the Batman solo films more so that any of the JL stuff.

Eh, I don't see how you get this. IF SS breaks out then using Harley to expand the universe is completely reasonable. Its only a bad way to go if Suicide Squad doesn't work out, in which case WB will have be bigger problems.

guek

Banned
If stumbling through the dark and not having a 'feige' means not having to wait for 20 films before having TWO Female lead superhero films then fuck that
WB could have made a WW film since the 70s after buying DC. Marvel could only option off their properties until they were bought by Disney in 2009.

Khezu

It never made any sense to me why Catwoman or Ivy would hang out with Harley, let alone let her continue to breathe.

guek

Banned
Hopefully vaguely kinda like SS is. You can keep the movies like WW, JL1 and 2, Flash and Aquaman the connected movies.

Suicide Squad obviously ties into this universe, but I don't think it'll overtly reference everything. It'll most likely be it's own thing and it could very well spawn it's own thing. As evidenced by this news. If anything I expect SS to tie more so into the Batman solo films more so that any of the JL stuff.
Yeah this feels more like a "spin-off" rather than a major franchise installment.

WB could have made a WW film since the 70s after buying DC. Marvel could only option off their properties until they were bought by Disney in 2009.

I kind of meant that if getting More female lead action flicks is 'stumbling through the dark', then that cant be a bad thing

NastyBook

I'd be super hyped if they made a Gotham City Sirens. Just gotta remember to look super uninterested in front of the wife if we see a trailer.

Penguin

Eh if you go too far back, can't complain because DC has tried twice in a lot less films than Marvel.

If you go currently, Wonder Woman will still best any of their female-led films by a few months.

Where would this movie fit in the DCEU?

Just a side story to the Justice League when Darkseid is wrecking the world?
We don't know when the movie is set. For all we know we aren't getting it for a few years, maybe even after Justice League.

Not any different from whatever Marvel will have to do to have Ant-Man and the Wasp plus Captain Marvel in the middle of Thanos wrecking the Avengers.

guek

Banned
Eh if you go too far back, can't complain because DC has tried twice in a lot less films than Marvel.

If you go currently, Wonder Woman will still best any of their female-led films by a few months.

Are you referring to Catwoman? Cuz Marvel had Electra! *shudder*

I think both companies deserve flack for taking so long - Marvel for having the means and the public good will for the past 8 years and not jumping on it and WB for ignoring Wonder Woman's potential for decades.

pantsmith

Shes pretty much the female version of Deadpool at conventions, in that everyone and their mother wants to dress up as her.

Makes a lot of sense to capitalize on the popularity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom