• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Hellblade 2 will get?

• 50-59%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • 76-79%

Votes: 44 19.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 90 38.8%
  • 86-90%

Votes: 47 20.3%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 10 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We’re not really talking about vastly different games, like BOTW vs Elden Ring both being open world games

There’s hardly anything to actually do in either of these titles.

If you don’t like playing games that have no gameplay, you shouldn’t like either of them
Not necessarily, maybe you like one more because to you it's a better movie?

LordCBH

I just love the journos that gave the 1st an 80-90, praising it for its cinematic style and immersion, yet trashing the 2nd for doing the same thing.

The whole is trending the same average, but the outliers definitely have some questionable bias.

I mean if you wanna talk outliers, look at all the sites with Xbox in the name that gave it a 100 just because it’s an Xbox game.

Topher

Gold Member
STDs: the thread

Save Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Mortisfacio

Banned
I mean if you wanna talk outliers, look at all the sites with Xbox in the name that gave it a 100 just because it’s an Xbox game.

I'm 100% fine discussing both, but discuss both and don't ignore one side is all. Like I said originally, the overall is averaging to the same. I find it amusing. As Topher stated there's an argument for same publication, but different reviewers, but still amusing regardless.

LordCBH

I'm 100% fine discussing both, but discuss both and don't ignore one side is all. Like I said originally, the overall is averaging to the same. I find it amusing. As Topher stated there's an argument for same publication, but different reviewers, but still amusing regardless.

Can also apply the argument that it’s been 7 years since the first and they’d hope their game design would have advanced, not stayed the same or, in some cases, regressed.

adamsapple adamsapple someone managed to 1up your shade of green, bro

Finished the game for a 2nd time, and got all collectibles. My score is 10/10. Every concern I had melted away on 2nd playthrough and I actually ended up liking it even more, noticing more subtle artistic touches and grasping the pacing and story much better on my 2nd run. It may not be a completely perfect game in every way but I think its close, and its got several elements of artistic genius. Nearly perfect cinematography, perfect audio, nearly perfect acting, best graphics in a game ever, movie level fight choreography paced in the levels well like a film. This hit me as hard as seeing Avatar 2 but I got to play along. Game is a masterpiece.

Went ahead and bought it to support it. Hope they finish with a part 3 faster than they made 2. And cant wait for Project Mara either. Congrats to Ninja Theory. Will take a major Nintendo release or something else really shocking me to dethrone this as GOTY for me personally, even if it is a borderline new genre / interactive film.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
Over time I am seeing gamepass is building a solid library of varied content. We are getting online titles like Sea of Thieves, Grounded along with good SP titles like HiFi Rush, Psychonauts 2, along with some slow paced, acquired taste type games like this and Pentiment. This is on top of their usual staple franchises Halo-Gears-Forza.

Sadly, I have to admit, xbox is only creative force left in industry rife with safe sequals due to bloated game budgets.
I remember PuniMiku saying this same dumb thing, is it more Phil Spencer PR speak?

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Pretty sad that you have to google people's previous posts just to try and bully people enjoying a game. I documented everything I thought about these games very openly if anyone wants to read it. I tried part 1 several years ago when it came out and hated it and bailed in the 1st hour. I said as much in 2023 even when the sequel was on Xbox. Knowing the sequel was coming up, I forced myself to try and give it another shot and ended up loving the game after getting used to the puzzles and the kind of game it is. And my taste has broadened since 2017 with a higher tolerance for art games from playing a ton of indies. Played part 2 and initially annoyed with the slow pacing and combat. Then got used to it and posted what I thought of the sequel after playing through the whole thing twice. Nothing I've posted publicly about either this game or the 1st one is a secret.

You continue to be one of the worst posters on this site and hopefully one day the mods here wake up and realize you spend literally 90% of your time here just bullying people and not even discussing games.

Last edited:
Pretty sad that you have to google people's previous posts just to try and bully people enjoying a game. I documented everything I thought about these games very openly if anyone wants to read it. I tried part 1 several years ago when it came out and hated it and bailed in the 1st hour. I said as much in 2023 even when the sequel was on Xbox. Knowing the sequel was coming up, I forced myself to try and give it another shot and ended up loving the game after getting used to the puzzles and the kind of game it is. And my taste has broadened since 2017 with a higher tolerance for art games from playing a ton of indies. Played part and initially annoyed with the slow pacing and combat. Then got used to it and posted what I thought of the sequel after playing through the whole thing twice. Nothing I've posted publicly about either this game or the 1st one is a secret.

You continue to be one of the worst posters on this site and hopefully one day the mods here wake up and realize you spend literally 90% of your time here just bullying people and not even discussing games.

You got caught mega trolling and you’re going to deflect this onto someone showing you the receipts?

Come on now, just own it

Trolling what? I literally dont know what your accusation is. Spell it out and I'll respond.

I don’t see how someone who couldn’t finish the first initially, and thought HB2 looked like a slog in pre release footage, can suddenly call it a 10/10 GOTY masterpiece without trolling

I guess we are allowed to change our minds but that’s just kind of bizarre

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I don’t see how someone who couldn’t finish the first initially, and thought HB2 looked like a slog in pre release footage, can suddenly call it a 10/10 GOTY masterpiece without trolling

I guess we are allowed to change our minds but that’s just kind of bizarre
I explained it in detail if you want to read about my posts playing part 1. Google it since everyone loves to do that here.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
"the only thing that would be fair in my mind is to make this a tech demo akin to astrobot, and include it in consoles by default to showcase the power of Xbox"
I dont own Xbox so I dont know much about Hellbalde 2 but based on impressions so far it seems there is not much of gameplay, while Astrobots even for free demo on PS5 it had actual proper gameplay.

Top Bottom