• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Hellblade 2 will get?

• 50-59%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • 76-79%

Votes: 44 19.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 90 38.8%
  • 86-90%

Votes: 47 20.3%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 10 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Yep he has been. He claims I never speak about games but the only reason I know this is because I've run into his trolling disingenuous ass every time there's an OT for a cinematic game that doesn't happen to be plopped on to gamepass.

Then when I point out these inconsistentencies in his opinions he cries, calls foul and claims he will put me on ignore (but never does). Prime example, see below:

-------

Hope you like your shit served hot:

Congratulations, you now love the type of game you've previously wasted paragraphs stating you dislike to the entent that you wish other companies would make less of those types of games.

I look forward to you revising your opinion on all the other games you've said you dislike after you force yourself through them for the 2nd (or maybe even third) time.
This doesnt prove I disliked the PS4 or any of the games I said I liked. It proves I am tired of having such a high volume of games with a similar template. And you see me saying I like diverse games and also AA stuff too. Thats all true. Hellblade doesnt even play like a Sony 1st party PS5 game. It plays like a mixture of Quantic Dream and Hellblade 1. As usual you just keep posting lies and bullshit and people that cant read well think you have a point. I even played Immortality which is LITERALLY a movuie. I notice tommib tommib couldnt explain how I was dishonest either. Just another coward I guess that hides behind the crowd and likes bullying people.

Last edited:
Congratulations, you now love the type of game you've previously wasted paragraphs stating you dislike to the entent that you wish other companies would make less of those types of games.

I look forward to you revising your opinion on all the other games you've said you dislike after you force yourself through them for the 2nd (or maybe even third) time.
the hypocrisy is insane, but the receipts not only in this forum have been glorious.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
My next ban is due soon. By law some of you xcunts have to be permed before that

An Xcunt is never early nor late, he is always on time.

yeah james you retard

The Original Series Yes GIF by Star Trek

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
All jokes aside. I like Miku. I get feeling you are being bullied is not a great feeling but I hope there is a lesson to be learned here. Games are weird little art pieces. You never know which one will touch your heart in ways few art pieces can. It could be a walking simulator like death stranding or a narrative driven game like hellblade 2.

I am always happy to read people find true inspiration from games and when i read today that Miku gave it a 10/10 I was genuinely happy. Despite my issues with the game. I do think that some perspective is needed when criticizing these same games over and over again. We only have a few studios that are doing this kind of cinematic storytelling at this high level so the 2-3 games we get in a given year and less nowadays since Sony studios seem have taken a sabbatical since 2022. Spiderman 2 was a breath of fresh air for me and I hated the wokeness in that game.

I would love to have Naughty Dog, SSM, GG and other sony studios try new IPs but i dont want them going back to platformers. I dont want them making helldivers 2. I have seen what happens when studios go out of their comfort zone. Suicide Squad, Avengers, Anthem, and yes, even the cancelled Factions are proof of that. They can switch genres but lets let the cinematic masterminds make cinematic masterpieces. Who knows, maybe the next naughty dog game is more linear and features far less combat than TLOU2 did, and maybe Miku would have another 10/10 game.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
All jokes aside. I like Miku. I get feeling you are being bullied is not a great feeling but I hope there is a lesson to be learned here. Games are weird little art pieces. You never know which one will touch your heart in ways few art pieces can. It could be a walking simulator like death stranding or a narrative driven game like hellblade 2.

I am always happy to read people find true inspiration from games and when i read today that Miku gave it a 10/10 I was genuinely happy. Despite my issues with the game. I do think that some perspective is needed when criticizing these same games over and over again. We only have a few studios that are doing this kind of cinematic storytelling at this high level so the 2-3 games we get in a given year and less nowadays since Sony studios seem have taken a sabbatical since 2022. Spiderman 2 was a breath of fresh air for me and I hated the wokeness in that game.

I would love to have Naughty Dog, SSM, GG and other sony studios try new IPs but i dont want them going back to platformers. I dont want them making helldivers 2. I have seen what happens when studios go out of their comfort zone. Suicide Squad, Avengers, Anthem, and yes, even the cancelled Factions are proof of that. They can switch genres but lets let the cinematic masterminds make cinematic masterpieces. Who knows, maybe the next naughty dog game is more linear and features far less combat than TLOU2 did, and maybe Miku would have another 10/10 game.
They tried that with Uncharted 3 a bit. Felt more cinematic than the previous two (which was ironic for people like me who like cinematic experiences and prefered Uncharted 3 over 2 by quite a distance). In Last of Us' case though, because Part II's gameplay was so good, I'd love for them to expand on that even more!

Coming back to Hellblade, this might just be the direction they want to keep the franchise. I'm all for it, especially if it's what they want to make! Sometimes, a simple 5-7 hr romp with industry-leading visuals is enough for the appetite. Hell, Insomniac already said they want Wolverine on Hellblade II's visual level, so this sort of release can be inspirational in that way too.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
And still he replies...

But while you're still here as you hold the left analogue stick forward, why does homogeneity not seem to bother you in this instance?
I dont need to discuss anything with you except correcting your lies. You didnt prove anything that you claimed about me. I have played numerous cinematic games of all kinds. I didnt even own an Xbox One. Talk games with someone else and stop lying about me.

GHG

Gold Member
I dont need to discuss anything with you except correcting your lies. You didnt prove anything that you claimed about me. I have played numerous cinematic games of all kinds. I didnt even own an Xbox One. Talk games with someone else and stop lying about me.

I just asked you a question related to the game. Feel free to answer, in your own time of course.

Klayzer

Gold Member
Yep he has been. He claims I never speak about games but the only reason I know this is because I've run into his trolling disingenuous ass every time there's an OT for a cinematic game that doesn't happen to be plopped on to gamepass.

Then when I point out these inconsistentencies in his opinions he cries, calls foul and claims he will put me on ignore (but never does). Prime example, see below:

-------

Hope you like your shit served hot:

Got damm.
HIdx0Xi.gif

hyperbertha

I don't think he is trolling. This person has some serious mental issues and is just delusional. He really does hate everything Sony and try to convince himself that their games suck. While he also try to convince himself that every Xbox game is awesome. I have a thing for reading people's personalities. Trust me.

Now on the other hand, the guy that is trolling and having fun is Adam's apple. He is a good guy at heart but He's probably a paid shill. But I can't confirm it.
Coincidentally, of you go to his living room you'll most likely only find an xbox series x plopped up on the tv stand, with a ps5 nowhere in the immediate vicinity.

demigod

Pretty sad that you have to google people's previous posts just to try and bully people enjoying a game. I documented everything I thought about these games very openly if anyone wants to read it. I tried part 1 several years ago when it came out and hated it and bailed in the 1st hour. I said as much in 2023 even when the sequel was on Xbox. Knowing the sequel was coming up, I forced myself to try and give it another shot and ended up loving the game after getting used to the puzzles and the kind of game it is. And my taste has broadened since 2017 with a higher tolerance for art games from playing a ton of indies. Played part 2 and initially annoyed with the slow pacing and combat. Then got used to it and posted what I thought of the sequel after playing through the whole thing twice. Nothing I've posted publicly about either this game or the 1st one is a secret.

You continue to be one of the worst posters on this site and hopefully one day the mods here wake up and realize you spend literally 90% of your time here just bullying people and not even discussing games.
Yo GHG GHG maybe you should let these guys know that making their accounts private doesn’t mean people can’t see the shit they posted before.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
This discussion is ridiculously intense for an 81 rated game. Realistically, without the Xbox websites giving it 10/10 scores, it’d be a 75.

I’m glad for the people that like it, personally Hellblade never gelled with me. Just don’t expect to be taken seriously if you start with the hyperbole. Potential GOTG alongside TotK and BG3 was a comment on here yesterday.

Last edited:

Spitfire098

Bruh if a 10/10 review upsets you, despite it kinda of being funny, you're free to go in the opposite direction.

"Game is mid. If it wasn't mid, wouldn't more people be playing it on steam?"

images

Last edited:

Gambit2483

This discussion is ridiculously intense for an 81 rated game. Realistically, without the Xbox websites giving it 10/10 scores, it’d be a 75.

I’m glad for the people that like it, personally Hellblade never gelled with me. Just don’t expect to be taken seriously if you start with the hyperbole. Potential GOTG alongside TotK and BG3 was a comment on here yesterday.
If Xbox wasn't struggling for good games and had multiple bangers, there's no way some of these sites would be rating this a 10/10. Maybe this is the new 10/10 by Xbox standards

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Is this the first time we're gonna get a review thread closed?

Bernardougf

Gold Member

Is literally the only game they have right now.. they will fight with everything they got. Not one bit surprising ... what is amazing is that is a 5 hour movie like walking simulator.. something that all of them "despised" not too long ago... is glorious to watch the double standards presented with multiple receipts.

sncvsrtoip

Gave it a try, defenitly The Order/Ryse of this generation (both graphicaly and gameplay wise). Looks very cgish, main character looks awsome, lighting, rocks/stones all of it looks very good. Drawbacks I seen in graphics term: much fog reducing draw distance, water waves/splashes can looks very basic, other character are not as detailed as Senua, interaction very limited. Picture is quite soft and also noisy but that not a big problem for me tough chromatic abberation is, defenitly should be option do disable it. Gameplay is very poor tough game is short so maybe will try to finish it just for graphic. Would never pay for it full price but for gamepass addition is perfect. I hope Ninja Theory will survive and next time they will try to keep this level of graphics but also focus on gameplay and create more standard single player narratrive game closer to maybe Naughty Dogs/Kojima/Coalition titles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom