• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Hellblade 2 will get?

• 50-59%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • 76-79%

Votes: 44 19.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 90 38.8%
  • 86-90%

Votes: 47 20.3%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 10 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The biggest travesty here is that my man Snake got banned just 3 days before HB2 came out :(

qyXIMm3.jpeg

giphy.gif

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Pretty sad that you have to google people's previous posts just to try and bully people enjoying a game. I documented everything I thought about these games very openly if anyone wants to read it. I tried part 1 several years ago when it came out and hated it and bailed in the 1st hour. I said as much in 2023 even when the sequel was on Xbox. Knowing the sequel was coming up, I forced myself to try and give it another shot and ended up loving the game after getting used to the puzzles and the kind of game it is. And my taste has broadened since 2017 with a higher tolerance for art games from playing a ton of indies. Played part 2 and initially annoyed with the slow pacing and combat. Then got used to it and posted what I thought of the sequel after playing through the whole thing twice. Nothing I've posted publicly about either this game or the 1st one is a secret.

You continue to be one of the worst posters on this site and hopefully one day the mods here wake up and realize you spend literally 90% of your time here just bullying people and not even discussing games.

No Google involved sorry, try not to cry.

If only you could find it in yourself to force yourself to love other games as much as you have Hellblade 2 and Redfall.

But please, carry on, this is all very entertaining.

Happy Episode 2 GIF by America's Got Talent

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Even ignoring what you originally thought, I have a hard time believing anyone could legitimately call this a 10/10 GOTY masterpiece with a straight face even if you like the game
Like it or not thats how other people's taste works...There are lot of people consider Horizon 10/10 game but I personally can't stand that game.

GHG

Gold Member
Like it or not thats how other people's taste works...There are lot of people consider Horizon 10/10 game but I personally can't stand that game.

Nah, this guy has been very vocal in his disdain for all things "cinematic" for years now.

You don't go from that to "10/10 GOTY" at the flip of a switch.

Well actually, you can, but the motives behind it become blindingly obvious.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
No Google involved sorry, try not to cry.

If only you could find it in yourself to force yourself to love other games as much as you have Hellblade 2 and Redfall.

But please, carry on, this is all very entertaining.

Happy Episode 2 GIF by America's Got Talent's Got Talent
There's literally nothing else to say. Just keep you on ignore and hope one day the mods take action against your horrible posting history. I like to talk about games, not your lies.

Punished Miku

Nah, this guy has been very vocal in his disdain for all things "cinematic" for years now.

You don't go from that to "10/10 GOTY" at the flip of a switch.

Well actually, you can, but the motives behind it become blindingly obvious.
More lies. I loved PS4. Cinematic games Ive enjoyed. God of War, Uncharted 4, Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, Plague Tale 1, Spider Man 1, As Dusk Falls and many more.

Cinematic games I havent enjoyed: God of War Ragnarok, Miles Morales, The Last of Us 1.

Leave me alone.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Ok, see you next time you take me off ignore.

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland
Youve never been off ignore. There is a toggle at the bottom of every thread that is easy to click. If I see people literally quoting and talking about me I check it out. When you refresh the page its back on ignore. Very convenient.

More lies. I loved PS4. Cinematic games Ive enjoyed. God of War, Uncharted 4, Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, Plague Tale 1, Spider Man 1, As Dusk Falls and many more.

Cinematic games I havent enjoyed: God of War Ragnarok, Miles Morales, The Last of Us 1.

Leave me alone.
You're allowed your opinion, this game has upset quite a few of the usual suspects as its been well received.

Punished Miku

You're allowed your opinion, this game has upset quite a few of the usual suspects as its been well received.
I will never ever in a million years change my opinion due to peer pressure. Whats lacking here is mods that stop totally off topic bullying. I wasnt even posting in this thread. I will always say exactly what I think about a game.

Leave me alone.

So you liked the ps4 cinematic games but not the ps5 cinematic games. Probably because ps5 became too popular or something

You “claim” to have liked them on ps4, anyway. You’ve been very critical of them in the past so I’d like to see the receipts on this statement as well but I’m not as talented as GHG GHG

GHG

Gold Member

Leave me alone.

liar dancing GIF

Youve never been off ignore. There is a toggle at the bottom of every thread that is easy to click. If I see people literally quoting and talking about me I check it out. When you refresh the page its back on ignore. Very convenient.

If I've never been off ignore but you're still reading my posts and replying to me then I was never on ignore.

Like I said, the duality of man.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

So you liked the ps4 cinematic games but not the ps5 cinematic games. Probably because ps5 became too popular or something

You “claim” to have liked them on ps4, anyway. You’ve been very critical of them in the past so I’d like to see the receipts on this statement as well but I’m not as talented as GHG GHG
Do you even realize how retarded your argument is? You are basically trying to claim that anyone that likes Hellblade 2 has to like every PS5 cinematic game. Do you not realize that not even you fit this since you like the PS5 games but hate Hellblade? Its almost like theyre different games.

Seriously though, Punished Miku ain't the worst of users/posters in here, cut him/her some slack, at least he/she enjoys games - there's way, way worse in here that only appear systematically in non-high profile threads (they most probably think it's easier getting unnoticed that way).

Miku is...just enthusiastic, others are literally paid shills, shit, just the constant, joyless and unhumorous way of replying/doing the same song and dance are more than enough proof that they're either A) astroturfers B) Xbox ambassadors C) people in..."higher places" over at MS D) all of the above and E) Fookin' A.I

Heck, even Adam's Apple is better than those guys, at the very least, he does have some humour and can actually be helpful (when he's not being a tribalistic ass 😁).

Adam's, love ya buddy btw

I dont care about your bipolar personality but I dont think you know what a cinematic game is if you think those are. TLOU has more gameplay than both Hellblades combined and then some lmao. Same with Miles Morales. Lmao at even putting Ragnarok in the list, a 60-hour game.

Do you even realize how retarded your argument is? You are basically trying to claim that anyone that likes Hellblade 2 has to like every PS5 cinematic game. Do you not realize that not even you fit this since you like the PS5 games but hate Hellblade? Its almost like theyre different games.

No but I would think that a fan of cinematic games could find one on the ps5 to enjoy

Punished Miku

I feel your passion my man and I know we've even had a few debates (albeit, cordial), but this is a bit much. Don't let the disagreements kill your thunder!
I wasnt even posting in this thread. I totally get how people could hate Hellblade 2. I was just literally saying what I personally think in the OT. Thats it.

Mobilemofo

Can I just surprise you..I like hellblade 2, despite what I said earlier. At any one time, I have 3 copies, lying around. I don't actually use em, but um...

GHG

Gold Member

Yep he has been. He claims I never speak about games but the only reason I know this is because I've run into his trolling disingenuous ass every time there's an OT for a cinematic game that doesn't happen to be plopped on to gamepass.

Then when I point out these inconsistentencies in his opinions he cries, calls foul and claims he will put me on ignore (but never does). Prime example, see below:

-------

So prove Im lying about that you fucking piece of shit. I literally just said I enjoyed GoT in the PC release thread. It was about 30% too long for me but I plan on buying it a 2nd time on PC.

Hope you like your shit served hot:

The story is the broader trend, not this single project. It's Sony Japan, Sony Bend, Visual whatever department in this story, the movie division, the lack of acquisitions, Sony pulling out of E3 without anything great to replace it, rumors of Kojima leaving PS exclusivity, Sony titles already feeling fairly homogenous with the "sad dad" games.

It's pointing to a conservative style of management at Sony that favors large profits on sure things instead of the style seen during the end of the PS3 / beginning of PS4 that seemed to favor a more adventurous style of running the gaming division, with multiple prominent employees that had great relationships with the fans and funny / highly effective marketing.

TLDR: management kinda sucks right now.

Greater gameplay diversity. Greater emphasis on gameplay, instead of realistic or cinematic games.

Naughty Dog used to make cartoon mascot platformers. I'd be 1000x more excited for a new cartoon mascot platformer from them with their current skills than another Troy Baker movie. Many of their teams are fantastic, but make very similar games. They have the hard part down and have created these fantastic teams, but they need to take more risks in my opinion.

They need to make games that you can pick up and play quickly without having to watch a film. Something with immediate gameplay. This is why Astrobot is such an attractive IP for them, but they have locked it behind VR primarily.

My policy for every Sony studio would be to make one small game and one large game at all times. The small games will probably be more inventive.

They have a point, but they don't really seem to realize the true cause. We probably are seeing a slightly slower uptick in next-gen games with more cross-gen stuff. A lot of is selective memory loss like you say. The PS4 had virtually nothing for me for 2 years.

But the writing has been on the wall for years, publicly talked about openly in countless articles. AAA development is becoming unsustainable. Increasing the cost of the games isn't some guarantee of premium quality at $70, as you can all see with Gotham Knights. It's just a price increase, and that's it. The only thing changing is the amount of money leaving your pocket. At the same time they will increase monetization with MTXs, DLC, battle passes and more, and it wont be because of subscriptions. It'll be because the games take 6-7 years to make now. The systems are costing more than ever as well, at $500 and already talk of them being underpowered and mid-gen refreshes coming. The marketing about raytracing has proven to be literally nothing. These systems wont be able to use it in any meaningful way, ever. PS5 is even still raising the price of the console, not cutting it. The cost of every aspect of AAA gaming is going up, and you're not seeing any meaningful return in exchange. The downsides continue. The risky budgets lead to obvious homogenization of genres, and game design. Open world, cinematic, suitable for adaption to TV / film. Hide in the grass and become invisible. Follow the glowing footsteps.

People are chasing a feeling that doesn't exist. Chasing elite level graphics and budgets, but they get something like Horizon 2 and all start dropping off before even completing the game. They can't capture that sense of wonder they had as a teenager gaming, and they think mistakenly that it's a lack of budget or lack of next gen features. It's actually the budget and next gen features that are causing them to like gaming less and less. At the rate we're going, Rockstar will drop from 1 game per gen to 0.5. We're actually close to less than 1 game per team per gen. Think about that.

Congratulations, you now love the type of game you've previously wasted paragraphs stating you dislike to the entent that you wish other companies would make less of those types of games.

I look forward to you revising your opinion on all the other games you've said you dislike after you force yourself through them for the 2nd (or maybe even third) time.

Last edited:
Fair enough. Was just trying to lend an ear because we're really all here for the same purpose, even with our preferences! Hate seeing it get to that point!

Here's a brief tale of courage and compassion for tonight :

In the heart of conflict, amidst the chaos of battlefields, there lived a humble diplomat named HeWhoWalks HeWhoWalks .
He possessed no sword or shield, but his words were mightier than any weapon. HeWhoWalks HeWhoWalks tirelessly negotiated peace, bridging gaps between warring factions.
One fateful day, as Sony cannons roared and soldiers clashed, he stood before the leaders - with unwavering resolve, HeWhoWalks HeWhoWalks painted a vision of unity, appealing to their shared humanity.
Moved by his eloquence, Sony ponies and Green Rats they laid down arms, and the war ceased, a testament to the power of diplomacy over destruction.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Pretty sad that you have to google people's previous posts just to try and bully people enjoying a game. I documented everything I thought about these games very openly if anyone wants to read it. I tried part 1 several years ago when it came out and hated it and bailed in the 1st hour. I said as much in 2023 even when the sequel was on Xbox. Knowing the sequel was coming up, I forced myself to try and give it another shot and ended up loving the game after getting used to the puzzles and the kind of game it is. And my taste has broadened since 2017 with a higher tolerance for art games from playing a ton of indies. Played part 2 and initially annoyed with the slow pacing and combat. Then got used to it and posted what I thought of the sequel after playing through the whole thing twice. Nothing I've posted publicly about either this game or the 1st one is a secret.

You continue to be one of the worst posters on this site and hopefully one day the mods here wake up and realize you spend literally 90% of your time here just bullying people and not even discussing games.

Nah bro, once you have a certain taste for games it can never change. I posted like six years ago something about Xbox One over PS4 because Sony makes (made) a ton of walking games and suddenly I’m not allowed to like any, even though I have posted here about liking games such as Last of Us and LoU II, Medium, Hellblade 1, Plague Tale 1 and 2, etc etc.

Just take the rent free status as a complement. Do you have notes on them? Likely not.

Last edited:
Yep he has been. He claims I never speak about games but the only reason I know this is because I've run into his trolling disingenuous ass every time there's an OT for a cinematic game that doesn't happen to be plopped on to gamepass.

Then when I point out these inconsistentencies in his opinions he cries, calls foul and claims he will put me on ignore (but never does). Prime example, see below:

-------

Congratulations, you now love the type of game you've previously wasted paragraphs stating you dislike to the entent that you wish other companies would make less of those types of games.

I look forward to you revising your opinion on all the other games you've said you dislike after you force yourself through them for the 2nd (or maybe even third) time.

He will just claim he “changed his mind” just like he did with Hellblade.

He hated cinematic games…until they were on GamePass and it was cool again

I also laugh at the new narrative going around that when Sony makes games that are cinematic, it’s conservative. When Microsoft and team ninja do it, it’s risky and bold.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

-------

Anthony Anderson Abc GIF by HULU

yazenov

-------

I don't think he is trolling. This person has some serious mental issues and is just delusional. He really does hate everything Sony and try to convince himself that their games suck. While he also try to convince himself that every Xbox game is awesome. I have a thing for reading people's personalities. Trust me.

Now on the other hand, the guy that is trolling and having fun is Adam's apple. He is a good guy at heart but He's probably a paid shill. But I can't confirm it.

Top Bottom