• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

Interfectum

I'm still playing this game every day... I got my kids playing it now. What an unexpected surprise this game has been this year. I'm evening playing it on both PS5 and PC. Level 30 on both. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I still laugh out loud at the screams and cries from the players as our team falls apart. The female voices when shit goes sideways is fucking hilarious.

Last edited:

Crm114

E6Y9JMT.jpg

This is from their known issues list. Can’t be just a random occurrence. Sony doesn’t want us spreading democracy with Ukrainians, very strange.

Mobilemofo

It's just crazy to me they are dropping new content without any notice. Crazy and very cool.

I was on the new planet (is it new?) Fori and just encountered the flying bugs. Everyone in the squad (randoms) was like "WTF?!?".
Just great to discover new stuff like that, without knowing beforehand in patch notes or trailers or whatever. Love it.

(also in that same mission I got hit so hard by a charger coming from just out of my view that the game instantly froze. >_<)
I got twatted so hard by a charger side swipping me, my arms and legs come off and my stump of a body flew really far...

Pissed myself laughing. 🤣

GymWolf

Well, tried 2 matches with friends after the patch and it crashed my pc both times, so i think i'm gonna wait for another fix.

Dogma 2 coming in clutch.

Well, tried 2 matches with friends after the patch and it crashed my pc both times, so i think i'm gonna wait for another fix.

Dogma 2 coming in clutch.
Playing this game nearly every day for at least a couple hours since launch. But I'm looking forward to Dogma, Rise of the Ronin, or Infinite Wealth to take a break starting this weekend. I'm sure I'll still dip in periodically, gameplay is so damn good, even if it's a bit repetitive after 100hrs. No other co-op comes close to it in terms of the replayability of HD2's gameplay loop

So many crashes. This game is lucky it's so fun when it works.
Yeah, just had two level 9 mission disconnections, both on the last objective, frustrating

Last edited:

Schmendrick

I opened up Steam and saw that a new patch had hit, so I thought I´d try it out.....

Tried 3 games and crashed 3 times pretty much at the same ~20 minute mark.
And the crashes have even gotten worse with this patch....now it doesn´t simply crash to desktop, nooo, that would be too easy, now it freezes up the whole system and not even task manager can kill it.

I changed my review to negative and finally uninstalled the game. This was the last drop of my patience with ArrowHead and I think I already got my money`s worth out ot the game when it launched.
I´ll not be a regular spender for this broken mess.

Last edited:

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Got the t pose character glitch in a random squad game tonight. At one point someone on the team put on the Benny Hill theme song as I ran around on the battlefield and I think we all nearly died laughing.

Props to who ever that person was.

Last edited:

Södy

Still debating on whether to get this game or not. It looks incredible fun in the beginning but I am not sure how long that will hold on. Palworld, while I was addicted at first, got me bored after around 12 hours. I feel the same for this game especially since I only have one friend with whom I would be playing...

Spaulding

Still debating on whether to get this game or not. It looks incredible fun in the beginning but I am not sure how long that will hold on. Palworld, while I was addicted at first, got me bored after around 12 hours. I feel the same for this game especially since I only have one friend with whom I would be playing...
I'm not really into multiplayer games (too competitive) as I only play casually. But this one is different. It's a lot of fun, even with randoms if you don't play too seriously :) Clocked in almost 60h already. So I got a lot out of it as it's also reasonably priced. The constant changes/orders also keep you motivated.

Killjoy-NL

I'm not really into multiplayer games (too competitive) as I only play casually. But this one is different. It's a lot of fun, even with randoms if you don't play too seriously :) Clocked in almost 60h already. So I got a lot out of it as it's also reasonably priced. The constant changes/orders also keep you motivated.
This game is ideal for casually playing. Very high level of pick-up-n-play, drop-in-drop-out.

Many difficulty levels you can choose from, so there's appropriate challenge for any skill-level.

And for the price it's a great deal.

[Sigma]

More crashes today post update than usual. I usually report the crash immediately thanks to the feature on PS5 and just restart but you can't do that when the game freezes which it did for the first time on me. They're really having a time updating this game because it seems to introduce new problems on the regular lol.

Last edited:

yurinka

Yesterday I played with the new patch on PC and got a few crashes too. One when almost extracting on a Helldive difficulty mission.

I've seen a few people insist you NEED to talk to complete missions on Helldive difficulty, thats 100% not true and can be done almost non comms, just takes a good team knowing what they're doing
No need to talk at all. If each one does their job even with randoms you never played before it's perfectly doable. All the communication needed is someone to mark in the map the next objective to do, and optionally hit R1 when looking at some big enemy like Bile Titans or Chargers to let other players it's there. Or maybe hitting R1 when looking at some ammo or stuff like that to let them know it's there.

In some very rare cases you may use the chat to say some short sentence like "I lost samples, I'll go for them" after dying, "I'll go for the other objective" or "plz stop killing mates" but normally isn't needed.

Many cases the mic is even better because they have an awful mic audio quality or weird accent and you don't understand a shit, or there's a lot of background noise including other family members.

Last edited:

Aion002

Damm... This game is so addictive.

If I wasn't a FF fanatic it would definitely be my game of the year.

I played 6 hours so far and had 0 crashes. I've read somewhere that disabling crossplay decreases the chances of issues, so at the beginning I turned it off.

GymWolf

Lmao a youtuber discovered that using arc thrower and the blitzer make crashes way more common now :lollipop_squinting:

Last edited:

The Stig

yeah the new patch was not good for me.

I played 4 games and all crashed or disconnected. 2 of those games i was like 30 minutes in and lost a lot of xp and samples. :(

[Sigma]

Yeah I'm staying away from those arc weapons until it gets patched. All my crashes yesterday happened when I or someone else was using those weapons.

Last edited:
Verifying the game on Steam fixed the crashes. That said, since I mostly do quick play, I'm still at the mercy of hosts that crash. Also, like the Ministry of Truth says, flying bugs don't exist but they do sure hurt a lot.

Shifty1897

Just saw an ad during prime time March Madness. All part of Hiroki Totoki's new "Make 400 million dollars first, then we'll acknowledge you" policy at Sony.

had not had much crashes since Thursday. I also stopped using the arc gun for now thou, so that's probably it. finally unlocked Helldiver difficulty and now back down to lower difficulty to farm some Rare Samples. any tips on how to farm them more efficiently while still not fail the mission (on purpose)? I've been able to farm enough Super Samples for what I need for the moment but Rare Samples seems to be in short supply.

Top Bottom