• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

Mobilemofo

Yup, Im now in the process of picking a new Primary, but im lost in the woods what to unlock.
I already have that shit Sniper, the basic Assault Rifle and basic Shotgun.

The Uzi I use as secondary is a hoot though! Rips through multiple weaker enemies but the clip is empty after 0.5 seconds. :D
That uzi is feckin useless. Empty after one second of using it. 😅 FFS. I am currently using the 16 round shotty (401 power) and either an arc thrower or the sickle as support. I don't even bother with the pea shooter guns. Like I said, throwing Warburton's bread would deal more damage.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Loving the new Heavy Machine Gun, but man does it need a larger magazine. Switching it to 1200rpm is too much fun.

It's needs at least double what it has now, especially since it still doesn't do much to heavy armored enemies.

Loving the new Heavy Machine Gun, but man does it need a larger magazine. Switching it to 1200rpm is too much fun.

It's needs at least double what it has now, especially since it still doesn't do much to heavy armored enemies.
That thing should have had a backpack with +4 ammo boxes in it, and also each mag should be 200. Cause right now the portable HMG is just horrible.

That thing should have had a backpack with +4 ammo boxes in it, and also each mag should be 200. Cause right now the portable HMG is just horrible.
Backpacks make weapons less usable, not more, because they compete with the Shield Generator. It's the reason anyone uses the Quasar over the Recoilless. Larger mag size, yes.

Little Mac

Do we not get the 35 medal reward for liberating Malevelon Creek? Did a handful of runs earlier but I just logged back on and the order has changed to liberating Ubanea.

Last edited:
Do we not get the 35 medal reward for liberating Malevelon Creek? Did a handful of runs earlier but I just logged back on and the order has changed to liberating Ubanea.
Sometimes there's a delay before medals gets awarded.

Backpacks make weapons less usable, not more, because they compete with the Shield Generator. It's the reason anyone uses the Quasar over the Recoilless. Larger mag size, yes.
It really depends. Having the shield is nice but it's not necessary. The supply backpack makes your primary, secondary and support weapon a lot more usable and spammable since you don't have to worry about conserving ammo. Same applies to your grenades and stims. The redemeer which Mobilemofo calls useless actually has higher burst dps than most primaries. It just doesn't have the ammo to sustain itself but the supply backpack alleviates that. That said I do agree about the mag size of the HMG, make it the EAT equivalent of machine guns. Give it 200 rounds in a single magazine that can't be reloaded but has a short cooldown.

It really depends. Having the shield is nice but it's not necessary. The supply backpack makes your primary, secondary and support weapon a lot more usable and spammable since you don't have to worry about conserving ammo. Same applies to your grenades and stims. The redemeer which Mobilemofo calls useless actually has higher burst dps than most primaries.
I agree, but that's part of why I'd say the HMG itself having a backpack would make it worse. You wouldn't be able to take the supply pack, either. As it stands right now you could take the HMG with the supply pack and that'd solve its ammo problems, but it still has other problems.

Last edited:
I agree, but that's part of why I'd say the HMG itself having a backpack would make it worse. You wouldn't be able to take the supply pack, either. As it stands right now you could take the HMG with the supply pack and that'd solve its ammo problems, but it still has other problems.
Ah, that reference to the recoilless makes much more sense now. Yeah, having its own unique backpack will definitely make it even less desirable unless the backpack works as a large belt fed mag that eliminates reloading. Yeah. having both a small magazine and long reload is just so cumbersome that even the supply pack won't really help much in making it desirable to use.

Last edited:
That uzi is feckin useless. Empty after one second of using it. 😅 FFS. I am currently using the 16 round shotty (401 power) and either an arc thrower or the sickle as support. I don't even bother with the pea shooter guns. Like I said, throwing Warburton's bread would deal more damage.
As a last resort and secondary, it's always better then a fucking pistol which does pew, pew, DEAD.

Yesterday I had a really fun game with a Canadian, a guy from Chicago and a German player.
We mocked each other about being canadian, german, dutch and american. All in jest.

Meanwhile I taught the German player a few dynamics like how to use the map and how to open underground containers and such.
I even gave him some loadout advice. He used the basic sniper as primary. I told him it's useless and he could go for the Anti Materiel Rifle instead and use either an assault rifle or shotgun as his primary.

I dropped my spare Anti Materiel Rifle for him to test. Heard a few shots and saw bots dropping like flies.
With a germen accent: "Yeah this is brutal". :D

Fast forward a few hours later, I see the German guy online with a mate of his. I join, and I saw he took my advise seriously and changed his loadout along with his friend.

This game really delivers when it comes to an all out experience with others. Always room for a laugh and goofing around.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Whoa, Dominator got buffed. Gotta try out that change later.

Arc thrower and Slugger got them nerfs.

Glad they finally fixed the loadout reset problem, that had gotten annoying.

EDIT: Level cap increased to 150.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a problem with their friends list not showing the names?

Got like 8 friends, but it only shows the names for 2 of them. 1 is on PS5 and the other on PC.
The ones that aren't showing are a mixed bag of PS5 and PC players.

I can see that they are online and in a game or on their ship, but the names just aren't there.

Luipadre

New update:

They changed the armor penetration on the Diligence Counter Sniper from Light pen to Medium pen.

Was hoping they would do this, maybe it's more viable now.

Nice update, 2 new hazards! Cant wait to see those. Also liberator got full auto now?? I need to try it out

Braag

Been using the Scorcher against the bots and it's really good (apart from needing ammo all the time). Tried Dominator after the dmg buff and it's really powerful, but less accurate and slower than Scorcher. It's weird how easy it is to kill Striders with the Scorcher, but Dominator's bullets seem to constantly bounce off even when shooting at the waist. Was hoping the explosion would kill the driver like with Scorcher.

Nice update, 2 new hazards! Cant wait to see those. Also liberator got full auto now?? I need to try it out
Giving it full auto with the same mag size is gonna make it feel like a bigger P-19 Redeemer.

Last edited:

Luipadre

So there are new flying gunships and huge walkers on robot side now apparently. This game... They are dropping content weekly like its nothing

Hazards as in fire tornadoes? Im new to this, yet to understand all lingo....

Edit: apparantly they added blizzards and Darude's.

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

Season 5 Omg GIF by NBC

Belthazar

Haven't tested the update yet... But seems the Dominator has become viable with that hefty buff? Glad they're leaning more into buffs than nerfs with patches, after they completely broke the the Breaker.

UnrealEck

Would this game be fun for someone playing alone or do you need voice chat and a group?
Is it like an Sci-Fi Left4Dead with large environments?

darthkarki

Would this game be fun for someone playing alone or do you need voice chat and a group?
Is it like an Sci-Fi Left4Dead with large environments?

I mostly play with randos. I'll use a mic when they do, but most of the time no one does, and it's still awesome fun. Most groups are still pretty good at working together even with no voice chat, just using in game markers and such.

I've done a few solo and it's an interesting alternative playstyle, but I definitely prefer playing with randos.

Luipadre

I know they said DLSS is not something they want to do, but this really needs a better upscaler than their current one. Im playing in native, because it looks so much better but i lose like 20 fps

chlorate

The regular Diligence scoped rifle is not a bad primary. You just have to land headshots with it against most bots.

I mostly play with randos. I'll use a mic when they do, but most of the time no one does, and it's still awesome fun. Most groups are still pretty good at working together even with no voice chat, just using in game markers and such.

I've done a few solo and it's an interesting alternative playstyle, but I definitely prefer playing with randos.
What I've noticed online is that often everyone is quiet.
I played multiple matches where as soon as I asked if anyone was using a mic, they started talking one by one and after a few minutes we were exchanging jokes, I heard rape screams coming from explosions etc.

Be the first to talk and chances are others will follow. :)

I know they said DLSS is not something they want to do, but this really needs a better upscaler than their current one. Im playing in native, because it looks so much better but i lose like 20 fps
Yeah the current upscaler is inconsistent at best. Sometimes the smoke and explosions look like a pixelated mess and other times it looks decent. Sharpening is all over the place.

Thought it was me...

Yeah the current upscaler is inconsistent at best. Sometimes the smoke and explosions look like a pixelated mess and other times it looks decent. Sharpening is all over the place.

Thought it was me...
I think they are using FSR1 on PS5, which is abyssal. The worst possible upscaler. Games uses a weird engine that has a ton of technical debt. It will only get better with brute force (PS5 Pro). HD3, whenever that comes out, will probably be fully fleshed out technically.

I think they are using FSR1 on PS5, which is abyssal. The worst possible upscaler. Games uses a weird engine that has a ton of technical debt. It will only get better with brute force (PS5 Pro). HD3, whenever that comes out, will probably be fully fleshed out technically.
I play on PC. ;)

Top Bottom