• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi RUSH |OT| Dance to the Tango (Game Works)

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I don’t really get the combat, though. I’m fine with the rhythm, but how are you meant to close the distance with enemies that back away from you?
RB gives you a short dash, but in the second level you get a grappling shot that is specifically used for exactly what you want.

Gobjuduck

Banned
Better than I expected. The platforming is kinda weak, but that’s common in the action genre with games like bayonetta, GoW, and dmc.

SSfox

So disappointed. I fell in love with Tangos work because of The Evil Within and Ghostwire Tokyo, not colorful rythm games with awful esthetic. It's cool that they are trying something else, you need to switch it up sometime and just do something else once in a while, but I hope Tango and Shinji Mikami returns to the horror genre soon.

I feel same, but forget about Mikami, seems like he just there to form young people (that don't seem anywhere near as talented as he was unfortunately), and just as advisor, not creator. Like Miyamoto in last year's in Nintendo.

Fortunately there is a lot of great stuffs coming horror wise. Calipso recently, and soon FF4, RE4, DS, then SH2.

Last edited:
Tooooo Big to Fail! Yea that song is now stuck in my head.
I beat the first big boss. At first I thought we were going to fight the wrestler chic. :)
This game is great!

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Dude, trust me (c)
giphy.gif

The game looks amazing, love the art and overall aesthetic, looks fun to play too, although I'm not sure for how long the gameplay loop will be fun and how they've managed to make combat evolve and be varied over time.

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
Fucking hell man. I‘m half tempted to go pick up one of the zillion Series S’s available locally just so I can play rather than waiting for an X. For the first time, I regret not having purchased an X when there was one available.

KXVXII9X

Why are so many games having such shitty cheesy self referential writing/dialogue at the moment.

“Yep, that’s me…blah blah blah drivel”

This does it, forspoken does it, red fall does it. It’s like there’s no competent writers. Maybe I’m just old and everything is being made to appeal to zoomers and zoomers just have terrible tastes…or companies think this is what zoomers want and like, so they are writing the same trash cringe over and over in a misguided attempt to appeal to them, but they hate it too 🤷‍♂️
This kind of dialogue isn't exactly new. At least with TV. It wasn't uncommon back in the 90's to hear something like this. This game is obviously inspired by Saturday morning cartoons like stuff you'd find on Jetix.

Fucking hell man. I‘m half tempted to go pick up one of the zillion Series S’s available locally just so I can play rather than waiting for an X. For the first time, I regret not having purchased an X when there was one available.
X is definitely worth it over the S, but that's just my opinion, a lot of 4k or fps boost games available if you're into the Xbox ecosystem, a lot of classic games boosted.

Meicyn

Gold Member
X is definitely worth it over the S, but that's just my opinion, a lot of 4k or fps boost games available if you're into the Xbox ecosystem, a lot of classic games boosted.
Yeah, I skipped the previous gen, but I have a lot of Xbox and Xbox 360 digital titles on my Live account. I can go back and replay Radiant Silvergun again, Lost Odyssey, among a lot of other games. There’s also the ability to use Retroarch that is a very attractive proposition...

I’ll definitely get the X. Just gotta be patient.

Appreciate the feedback, all.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Maybe this is too gushing but this is objectively the most severe shadow drop in the history of gaming. Its legit one of the best action games I've played in a very long time. Insane that it got announced today.
I can't think of anything that's even close, especially in terms of a completely unannounced title.

I guess P.T. deserves consideration, even if it wasn't a real, full game it was totally a cultural phenomenon and ended up being a pretty influential game in its own right.

Kacho

Spent the night playing Ghost Recon so I’ll have to give this a go tomorrow. Got it downloaded and ready to go. It’s cool to see such a positive reception for a ghost drop.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I can't think of anything that's even close, especially in terms of a completely unannounced title.

I guess P.T. deserves consideration, even if it wasn't a real, full game it was totally a cultural phenomenon and ended up being a pretty influential game in its own right.
Great example on PT. Agreed.

MacReady13

I just beat the first boss. I’m glad Game Pass is a thing. I’d never give this game a chance without it.
What?!? Why would you need game pass to try a game like this? Some of you people are fucking insane with needing game pass for everything. I saw the announcement, loved the aesthetic, purchased it right away and just beat the 1st boss. Loving it. Plus ShinjI Mikam!
Fuck game pass and fuck needing a rental service to know if I want to buy a game or not (it’s not a personal attack on you my friend but my feelings towards sub services)…

What?!? Why would you need game pass to try a game like this? Some of you people are fucking insane with needing game pass for everything. I saw the announcement, loved the aesthetic, purchased it right away and just beat the 1st boss. Loving it. Plus ShinjI Mikam!
Fuck game pass and fuck needing a rental service to know if I want to buy a game or not (it’s not a personal attack on you my friend but my feelings towards sub services)…

Gamepass invented AA and indies

It’s because these types of games don’t generally interest me and if it costs money to buy the game then chances are I’d have just ignored it. Game Pass works for me because I’m willing to try anything since I’m not out any money outside the sub. That’s the value. And if I like the game enough, I’ll buy it.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
I made it through the tutorial level is guess (first boss and got to the hideout). Awesome idea, and it looks great, but something is off using the rhythm for combat IMO. I can get perfects easily enough and pull some combos so it isn't a problem winning against enemies. It is more about movement throwing me off for the combat button presses. It is almost like I run up to an enemy and have to wait a half beat before I can get into the world rhythm again. It just takes me out of the rhythm which is what the game is based on. I'm not going to give up on it, and I will give it another go, but between that and the bumping my head on some of the platforming parts I am not sure if it is going to win me over.

Last edited:

Elginer

And they nailed the PC platform, ultrawide, DLSS, reflex, no stutter!

It looks so good too, beautiful cel shading.

WellgroomedUntriedKitfox-size_restricted.gif

PhonyUnpleasantAustralianshelduck-size_restricted.gif
Yeah, playing on PC and it’s smooth as fucking butter. Game Pass Ultimate keeps on giving man, fuxking beat the first boss and got to the hideout. The music is ace! Makes me want a new Jet Set Radio badly. Hey Sega, make it happen please and MS finance that shit!

Topher

Gold Member

There have been a number of games I would not have played if they were not on Game Pass. There is nothing wrong with that. Why does it bother you so much?

And they nailed the PC platform, ultrawide, DLSS, reflex, no stutter!

It looks so good too, beautiful cel shading.

Yeah, it runs incredibly smooth on PC. Don't get why they defaulted it to 60 fps max. Disabled that and changed to DLSS quality and I'm getting a solid 120fps. Looks and plays fantastic

Last edited:

baphomet

It's ok so far.

Playing a lot of rhythm games it doesn't feel great with the way they delay the attacks to the beat. But I guess they have to have that delay for it to be playable for people with no rhythm at all.

One of the better looking cel shaded games that have come out though.

Someone has already made the Seinfeld joke right?

Sacred

Early game of the year contender, just beat the 2nd boss and everything about this game is SOOO addicting. The upgrades are fantastic and I love games that give you more and more combos as you progress.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Early game of the year contender, just beat the 2nd boss and everything about this game is SOOO addicting. The upgrades are fantastic and I love games that give you more and more combos as you progress.
Yup im at the same spot and called it for the night. The combat is getting wild. This game is legit, can't believe they announced and dropped it on the same day.

Last time something like this happened was Apex.

Top Bottom