• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy officially the number one selling new release of 2023

F-6KYroXgAA3Eez

Hugare

I find it hilarious that the WB game with the most potential for GAAS was a singleplayer game

It was a good game, but anyone with a brain knows that many casuals bought this game due to the Harry Potter IP

WB could have added online co op, more school minigames, quidditch and they could have made TONS of money (well, even more)

This game not having an online component and DLCs is the most idiotic decision of the generation so far

And yet they've ordered a GAAS game from Rocksteady

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I find it hilarious that the WB game with the most potential for GAAS was a singleplayer game

It was a good game, but anyone with a brain knows that many casuals bought this game due to the Harry Potter IP

WB could have added online co op, more school minigames, quidditch and they could have made TONS of money (well, even more)

This game not having an online component and DLCs is the most idiotic decision of the generation so far

And they ordered a GAAS game from Rocksteady

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF
I rather all companies be that stupid.

Hugare

I rather all companies be that stupid.

Cant think of how adding optional online co-op and more optional minigames and activities could be bad for your singleplayer experience

To me it's just a bad business decision to let the game die without further support

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Cant think of how adding optional online co-op and more optional minigames and activities could be bad for your singleplayer experience
There isn't infinite money or infinite talent to work on both, if you add stuff it means you cut down on others.

To me it's just a bad business decision to let the game die without further support
Game sold 20m-ish. I think they are good.

Hopefully the dev team are getting a nice bonus this year, the lack of award nominations is pathetic.

For a small studio to make such a grand and fun open world game is nuts! Wasn’t their last game some Cars movie tie in?

Hugare

There isn't infinite money or infinite talent to work on both, if you add stuff it means you cut down on others.

It all comes down to priorities, yes. Instead on making the Switch port, maybe pay other devs to work on it while you make DLCs for the game?

This is the best selling game of the year. No DLC for it when people were craving for more like Quidditch and more minigames is just idiotic, no other way about it.

Maybe they are developing the sequel? Sure. But they could have made this game a platform to keep content coming while they increase the team and build the sequel.

From a business point of view, it makes no sense. They would have a consistent inflow of cash while developing the sequel.

Game sold 20m-ish. I think they are good.
They are good. But they could be great, tho.

So would be players with more content for the game they love

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Really solid game. Does absolutely nothing remarkable, they just nailed the HP skin and that's literally all they needed to do. Give the people what they wanted.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
It all comes down to priorities, yes. Instead on making the Switch port, maybe pay other devs to work on it while you make DLCs for the game?

This is the best selling game of the year. No DLC for it when people were craving for more like Quidditch and more minigames is just idiotic, no other way about it.

Maybe they are developing the sequel? Sure. But they could have made this game a platform to keep content coming while they increase the team and build the sequel.

From a business point of view, it makes no sense. They would have a consistent inflow of cash while developing the sequel.
Who says they are not working on DLC for it? Who's to say they weren't aided by another dev for the Switch port?

They now have the groundwork laid out. They built the world. Now they can add to it.

Hugare

Who says they are not working on DLC for it? Who's to say they weren't aided by another dev for the Switch port?

They now have the groundwork laid out. They built the world. Now they can add to it.

The game director said so

Game was released in February, we are in November and there were no announcements about DLCs

By now we would have heard something. It would be pretty stupid to announce DLCs almost 1 year after the initial release.

You want to keep people engaged so you have more players when the DLC launches and so people dont sell their copies

Skifi28

I'm OK with this. Still haven't finished it though, kinda lost my interest at some point. I'll have to pick it up again soon.

Top Bottom