• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy - Which Platform will you play on?

What Platform Will You Play HW:L on?

• Console

Votes: 11 1.9%
  • PC

Votes: 152 25.9%
  • Steam Deck

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • None

Votes: 37 6.3%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 90 15.3%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • PS5

Votes: 280 47.7%

• Total voters

TrebleShot

Having built a nice gaming PC in december, I find myself wondering which platform I should buy my games on?
I am PS5 player as well and have really enjoyed and found myself relaxing more when playing on PS5 than PC.

I love the Dualsense and in many cases it decides what platform I play on, DSX and DS4W are not up to scratch as native support and quite often can be fiddly to configure for PC so I dont see it as a viable equal.

I am curious which way people are going for HW:L PC will of course allow for higher frame rates and pin sharp visuals but no trophy support, lack of DS features (at least unconfirmed for now) and the lack of the cosy, ease of play on console which way are people going?

Sybrix

b31c4ced285e73f40c884d009c5a7da6.png

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Pc. My 3080 is roughly 60-80% faster than a ps5 and xsx so it’s a no brainer. I just hate pc gaming which still feels like a janky experience in 2023. Two crashes a day playing re3 this week. No audio when starting the game several times. Getting 5.1 surround to work on windows is a pain. And that’s before the day one debacles of many pc ports.

But console ports have also been shipping broken on day one lately so that’s No longer exclusive to PC.

Jaybe

XSX most likely, though if I happen to find PS5 at my preferred retailer in the next week I may switch that up.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Bought it on pc, but just as you Op I do find the PS5 more relaxing to play on (things just work and I stop fiddling with settings. I’m sitting here on a 4090..). But I’ll start with pc. If it’s a bad experiance I’ll switch to ps5.

I wish steam deck 2 was out, the first was is just too underpowered/ugly/bulky/ugly screen to use, but I’m sure a 2nd one will come with an oled screen and better Soc, just wish it was out with this.

T4keD0wN

I am waiting for reviews and if it has no unreal engine 4 pso caching related stuttering i am picking it up on PC.
I hope managers at WB have learned from their previous game Gotham Knights and allowed the devs to precompile shaders.

Fatmanp

Its WB so the PC version is likely to be a total mess. I wonder if DF are covering the game or feel obliged to boycott.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I didn't wanted to get it at all but it does look very good.. I would get ps5 if physical worked offline which it doesn't.
PC also does not have any origin or other launcher crap. Just steam, so it's good.
I will wait to see how both versions are

PS5 and it's not a question, there is a special quest there and i don't care to see every useless detail on my mage rob and i want to avoid the stutter fest most games are lately on PC. Only the mods will be the thing i would want to have on consoles but you can't have everything.

Sw0pDiller

What kind of hardware does this game need to play it at med/high settings 1440p@60 and translate it in numbers of ps5's i could buy far that kind of money. i can tell you the answer is me playing this on ps5.

-Zelda-

Banned
getting it on ps5. Isn't there also a switch version? if so, I will get it on that at a later date.

Top Bottom