• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy - Which Platform will you play on?

What Platform Will You Play HW:L on?

• Console

Votes: 11 1.9%
  • PC

Votes: 152 25.9%
  • Steam Deck

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • None

Votes: 37 6.3%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 90 15.3%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • PS5

Votes: 280 47.7%

• Total voters

Hawk269

Poll needs an added option:

Waiting for DF analysis to see which Console version is better and if the PC version is a shit show like almost all recently released PC games.

In all seriousness, I would prefer to get this on PC, but I have little faith it will not have a lot of issues. I also have the Series X and PS5 and prefer the Xbox controller, but need to know how both consoles perform.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
tvFxujd.gif

if it shows up on gamepass before i actually buy it, then i will play it there. otherwise i would buy it for PS5 because of the better controller. the dualsense is the biggest difference between multiplatform games and the reason why i'll always choose PS5 over my series x. my series x is pretty much a bethesda machine.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
PS5 x 2 so far. If I don't get a chance to play either copy of those, I will get it on PC. Some days I feel like I am banished to my little corner of the house. At least it is the good corner.

jorgejjvr

Ps5 or XSX, waiting to see which is best performance wise and/or with regards to dual sense support

Also, just waiting on tomorrow's reviews in general

Poll needs an added option:

Waiting for DF analysis to see which Console version is better and if the PC version is a shit show like almost all recently released PC games.

In all seriousness, I would prefer to get this on PC, but I have little faith it will not have a lot of issues. I also have the Series X and PS5 and prefer the Xbox controller, but need to know how both consoles perform.
On that note…have you (or anyone) here heard if/when DF will do their analysis?

PC generally is a good long term choice but PS5 and maybe XSX may be ready to go day 1 with understandably less issues.

Jimx26

Normally get third party on Series X but I’ll go PS5 on this one for the extra quest. Might get the Switch version if it doesn’t run like a potato.

Pallas

Seeing as the only current gen console I have is a Series X, I’ll be going with that and the deluxe edition.

Last edited:

SSfox

Not buying this until it goes cheap AF on sales tho, fuck those solo games always online, if i get it will be on ps5

Hawk269

On that note…have you (or anyone) here heard if/when DF will do their analysis?

PC generally is a good long term choice but PS5 and maybe XSX may be ready to go day 1 with understandably less issues.
Have not heard when DF will be publishing their analysis. I would hope it would be before launch being that this is going to be a huge game. Long term I agree that the PC would be the best choice, but I also want to play it at launch. If I go console, I would prefer Series X, but all the previews have been only the PS5 version of the game (marketing deal).

dottme

I’m still planning to play on PS4. I haven’t jump to next gen and I hope the PS4 version will be ok.

FunkMiller

Series X for me. I'm a little surprised the percentage of Series X players is so tiny.

I'm not. I'd say a majority of people who might well play it on XSX, will be going for the PC version. It feels like more potential XBox players are gravitating to PC than Ps5 players, though that's a very anecdotal opinion, obviously.

Last edited:

Lasha

I'm going to play on PC if there are no glaring issues post-launch. I will use a controller and play on my living room TV though.

Hawk269

It should since it's releasing midnight local time around the world for Xbox. Should be 8.5 hours from now.
This might push me to buy it on Series X. I get off tomorrow at 3pm and have all of Tuesday off. Which version do I need to buy to buy that grants the early access? I have done the New Zealand thing many times, so I know how that works...but have not looked into versions to see which one gives the early access?

This might push me to buy it on Series X. I get off tomorrow at 3pm and have all of Tuesday off. Which version do I need to buy to buy that grants the early access? I have done the New Zealand thing many times, so I know how that works...but have not looked into versions to see which one gives the early access?
Deluxe edition, just $10 more. I'll be making sure the trick works once I wake up tomorrow.

Knowing that my kids will take over the Xboxes in the house for this game, I'm likely to double dip and play on PC as well. Voting poll didn't allow multiple choices.

MastAndo

Still haven't decided between XSX and PS5. I love my Elite controller but the extra content on PS5 would be cool.

Top Bottom