• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy - Which Platform will you play on?

What Platform Will You Play HW:L on?

• Console

Votes: 11 1.9%
  • PC

Votes: 152 25.9%
  • Steam Deck

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • None

Votes: 37 6.3%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 90 15.3%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • PS5

Votes: 280 47.7%

• Total voters
So I cancelled my PS5 order to get the Deluxe on PC as it’s basically the same price and saw that it is absolutely horribly optimised. Now nowhere has the deluxe on PS5 for a reasonable price… fuck sake 🤣

Isa

Series X here. I had thought about the PS5 version but I've grown tired of hearing about good Haptic Feedback support from others only to be disappointed though this game seems to be an exception. But mainly my main gaming group is on Xbox and PC so being able to hang out with them easily and talk it up and share in the general zeitgeist is more fun. Plus I was able to use my MS rewards points towards most of the game cost which is always a nice incentive. The Deluxe edition only cost me roughly 15 Hogbucks. Can't wait to make my character and run/fly around exploring such fantastic scenery.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
watching ACG review.... the game is CRAZY OVERSHARPENED in his ps5 footage.
Like... hideous ? Maybe it's just footage looking this way?

Read the first book, didn't like it. Never watched any of the movies, and will not be playing this game.
The whole controversy over JKR is amusing to watch though, as she was one of the original SJWs, the spectacle of them turning on her like this is better entertainment than any game.

Just Cause, Mad Max & Rage are utter shit though.
Office Space No GIF

Although you're factually correct on the Metacritic score (which wasnt known a the time I wrote that). Awesome to see Hogwarts Legacy doing so well!

Both PC and SteamDeck, really. I have my doubts on how the game will perform on the Deck, though the little beast has surprised me in the past.

SyberWolf

was going to play on PC until i heard that the performance isnt optimal on some cards. so i will be playing it safe and play on PS5 (and i want access to that timed exclusive quest)

Last edited:

Fatmanp

first comparison assuming it has an fps capper built in. If not then console versions are a no from me

Edit it has the option to uncap on vrr displays

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

first comparison assuming it has an fps capper built in. If not then console versions are a no from me

RT and Performance modes cut down lod and grass distance a lot.
Not a fan of these modes that change settings a lot and not just dynamic res target.
Balance at least looks similar to quality
also - cubemaps/ssr look better than Ray Tracing honestly

Last edited:

Kadin

While I'd prefer to play on the PC, Series X will definitely give me the best performance. Plus I'd rather enjoy a nice comfortable couch experience versus sitting at my PC.

Picked it up on PS5, for now. If I really like it, I'll probably double dip in the future on PC... also, hoping that by that time PS5 controller support on PC will be better. I can't play on Series X controllers, those damn buttons are so loud... it sounds like they put some off brand cheery switches in there LOL

Last edited:

Rockman33

I own a XSX, PS5 and PC with a 4090.

Going with the XSX. I prefer the Xbox platform more than PS. Also enjoying playing from my couch more than in front of a computer, not to mention PC day 1 seems unreliable these days.

GHG

Christ alive the non quality/RT modes on console look bad when this is viewed in 4k.

Mid gen refreshes will be very much welcomed.

Buggy Loop

Hmm, ampere cards are getting kneecap'd here. In fact, if it wasn't for DLSS 3 frame gen, seems like 4000 series framerates would also be freaky low :eek:

chaseroni

Series S version capped at 30 and the framepacing seems okay.
I wish that video showed some HQ gameplay on the bigger consoles with a 30fps cap, I bet it's a lock.

Curious about steam deck performance now

Top Bottom