• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy - Which Platform will you play on?

What Platform Will You Play HW:L on?

• Console

Votes: 11 1.9%
  • PC

Votes: 152 25.9%
  • Steam Deck

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • None

Votes: 37 6.3%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 90 15.3%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • PS5

Votes: 280 47.7%

• Total voters

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Pre-ordered on Steam. Ready to roll later this week.

PC for the deluxe digital edition, where I will be playing as a male character in Gryffindor, and PS5 (standard physical disc release), where I will play as a female character in Slytherin or Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff (I haven't decided yet).

Last edited:

mxbison

Don't know yet if I'll get it but probably PS5 if the performance is the same.

Prefer trophies over achievements.

SCB3

Xbox Series X - kinda had to as my Wife owns only that, I wanted the PS5 version

As a side note, can I not upgrade to the deluxe version? I pre ordered the Normal one but I cannot see an option now to upgrade to play early

GHG

Doesnt look significantly different to all the console gameplay weve seen. Ive got it on both PC and PS5, think ill mainline it on PS5

I don't think anyone rational was expecting it to look markedly different on PC vs Console.

The Skull

PC or PS5. I'll wait to see how it runs on a build similar to mine (5700 XT and 3700X) and what the performance is like on PS5.

yy2QRJ8.png
fS7ggcc.png

Moriah20

ps5, probably. Its a bit sad - my pc is technically more powerful (rtx 3070) but some recent pc ports are pretty ass, and this game seems like a bit of a gamble on that front from the pc impressions.

yazenov

Damn the platform split is surprising.

Few people are buying the game on Xbox. Is it the Game Pass effect of waiting for games to come to the service instead of buying? Or they are joining our friends at REEE in boycotting this game.

Having built a nice gaming PC in december, I find myself wondering which platform I should buy my games on?
I am PS5 player as well and have really enjoyed and found myself relaxing more when playing on PS5 than PC.

I love the Dualsense and in many cases it decides what platform I play on, DSX and DS4W are not up to scratch as native support and quite often can be fiddly to configure for PC so I dont see it as a viable equal.

I am curious which way people are going for HW:L PC will of course allow for higher frame rates and pin sharp visuals but no trophy support, lack of DS features (at least unconfirmed for now) and the lack of the cosy, ease of play on console which way are people going?
PC brother it's pretty much always PC although I do own all consoles.

*cross posting

Wife (Series x, performance mode) and I (series s, balanced mode) have been playing for 2 hours. Game looks significantly better on the X. And oh yeah, this games gonna sell massively!

Reactions: Isa

Timexy

Neo Member
Me: PS5
Wife: XSX through Remote Play because both consoles are connected to the same TV in the living room and I dont feel like moving it to the bedroom

Yeah, I had to buy it twice...

ARK1391

Still deciding between PS5 and PC. Dualsense is worth it to play on PS5. But I've seen complaints about how close the camera is to the character, so if there is good ultrawide support, I may get it on PC.

Either way I'm waiting a day or two to see what's what. Stoked to play it though! So happy the early reviews are glowing with praise!

Top Bottom